Before and after
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By M5eater
  • 1 Post By GJB
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Before and after in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; After deer hit and $16K later...
    sdm100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Before and after

After deer hit and $16K later
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Before and after

can't tell from the pictures if the paint was a good match?

I would imagine they blended or painted the entire front-end and blended the driver's doors?

Sorry about the accident, but I look at it as a chance to 'reset' my rock-chips. lol.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Glad it's fixed.

I hope you had uninsured cervine coverage.

flycaster is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Was that 16K just for body damage? Couldn't be. There must have been quite a bit of damage within the engine bay, also? But at least it was fixed and looks good.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Your ins co got hosed. The shop said 16k for that and they paid?!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Your ins co got hosed. The shop said 16k for that and they paid?!
    This is a brand new luxury vehicle. I can easily see 16K happening depending on the area he's in(labor rates), hidden damage that a night-shot cell-phone pic hasn't captured, sky-rocket high pricing on parts for again-- a brand new vehicle, and huge rental bills waiting for back ordered parts . Oh, are you an adjuster? Because I am.
    adiaz2331 likes this.

sdm100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

you are correct I looked at the parts cost alone $1K for the front sensor over $1K for headlights, new hood $800 new quarter panel, front bumper cover etc.Those who thought this was a $5K job dont know cars! No insurance didnt get hosed the intial inspection was $5K, I laughed my a#s off. When they tore it down the damage was more evident... wheel well parts, intake scoops, etc. Took forever because OEM parts from Detroit were slow to ship. Just beware insurance companies suck, they take our money and dont want to pay when you need it . AT least in this case justice was served, back to new and looks factory fresh.

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

The car looks great! Hopefully everything was taken care of properly, it certainly appears so. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

You smoked that deer. Car looks good. Too bad it will have an accident on its record now for when you try to sell it someday

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    Let's hope that doesn't happen again.
    I'm pretty sure the deer learned his lesson.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by derek98z View Post
    You smoked that deer. Car looks good. Too bad it will have an accident on its record now for when you try to sell it someday
    Not always, My insurance does not report to Carfax and if no police report there is a good chance it will not be on his "Permanent Record" (Dean Wormer Animal House 1978). I had a dealer crack up my new car in their own lot after 1st oil change @ 2k. No report, however I did disclose to the person I sold the car to.
    M5eater likes this.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

sdm100, I hit a deer on the same day you did and I posted a photo of my damage in the "is it fixable?" thread. My car finally went into the body shop on Monday. My preliminary estimate was only $1,671. However, they found hidden damage and the headlight, brackets and rocker panel cover were added to the replacement list. I still don't know what the final bill will be.

It could be worse. A friend of mine hit a deer with his Mustang a few days after my collision, $6,200 in damage. His bodyshop didn’t notice that weld heat in the fender brace set the interior on fire. The bodyman went out for a smoke and the car was totaled by the time he returned. Bert

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha D Blues View Post
    sdm100, I hit a deer on the same day you did and I posted a photo of my damage in the "is it fixable?" thread. My car finally went into the body shop on Monday. My preliminary estimate was only $1,671. However, they found hidden damage and the headlight, brackets and rocker panel cover were added to the replacement list. I still don't know what the final bill will be.

It could be worse. A friend of mine hit a deer with his Mustang a few days after my collision, $6,200 in damage. His bodyshop didn’t notice that weld heat in the fender brace set the interior on fire. The bodyman went out for a smoke and the car was totaled by the time he returned. Bert

Deer hunters have bow season, black powder season, regular season and now ATS season which appears to be all year round. The poor deer don't stand a chance. It will be interesting to see if our insurance collision premiums go up or down as the actuaries start using actual ATS claim repair cost data in their models.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.