Turbo being replaced so I have a question - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Turbo being replaced so I have a question in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Wookie, I take mine in on Tue to look at the CUE Hold setting. I'll let you know if they ...
    GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: Turbo being replaced so I have a question

Wookie, I take mine in on Tue to look at the CUE Hold setting. I'll let you know if they push the fix and if I have the same issue.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Suxs your having these problems! Only issue I have is sometimes pandora won't work!

GJB

Not a big deal for me, I've have a few issues noted and this is my first trip in to get them looked at and none of them are show stoppers. Just want to get it as close to perfect as it can be and help out by identifying things that should be looked at improving. This helps future buyers and resale value in the long term.

If I had kept the default setting for voice prompts I never would have known it was not working. My guess is more people have the issue they just have left the setting on factory default (long). There is truth to ignorance being bliss, think about all the people not on forums who have no idea they have some of the issues we identify and look for...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    update......sadly the problem is back, CUE would finally hold the setting, but was really laggy an unresponsive.....so a reset to factory settings, did restore responsiveness but restored the problem as well....
    she goes in on Monday for the rattle again
    Hi pissedoffwookiee,

I see you are going back into the dealership for the ongoing rattle issue. I am sorry the problem with CUE is back for you also. Please keep us posted after your next dealer visit. We can be reached via private message to further discuss anything.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Wookie, I take mine in on Tue to look at the CUE Hold setting. I'll let you know if they push the fix and if I have the same issue.
    Hello GJB,

I am sorry if you are experiencing additional issues with your system. I see you are taking your vehicle into the dealership again this week. Please keep us updated after this visit and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

ok the the original fix that I thought didn't take actually started working again, so I suspect what fooled me into thinking it didn't take might have been my wife's fault...lol I think the car might be tracking her key. I don't have driver memory so the personalization by driver setting I thought did nothing but I guess it does.

as far as my rattle goes apparently the fix in the TSB is to glue it down, my tech thinks the glue didn't have enough time to set, so now I go in tomorrow 3rd day in a row they've had it, but they want it for 2 days to make sure the glue holds
    GJB likes this.

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    ok the the original fix that I thought didn't take actually started working again, so I suspect what fooled me into thinking it didn't take might have been my wife's fault...lol I think the car might be tracking her key. I don't have driver memory so the personalization by driver setting I thought did nothing but I guess it does.

Wook so you believe the personalization by driver was causing the issue all along? I have personalization off and my 2d key fob (and driver ) are no where near the car and I still lose the short voice prompt with it setting back to long.

When I dropped it off yesterday my advisor asked if I was loosing my nav destinations as well? I've not had that or CUE preset loss just the one setting reverting back to default.

Wook so you believe the personalization by driver was causing the issue all along? I have personalization off and my 2d key fob (and driver ) are no where near the car and I still lose the short voice prompt with it setting back to long.

When I dropped it off yesterday my advisor asked if I was loosing my nav destinations as well? I've not had that or CUE preset loss just the one setting reverting back to default.
    to be honest i'm not sure now, I had the new software update last week, and it worked for a couple days, but system was unresponsive, i reset system and it reset to long for a day (i thought it was broken), then it stayed put for a day (i thought it was fixed), then my wife had the car last thursday and friday it was resetting to long (i thought it was broken), then all weekend it stayed short (i thought it was fixed and was my wifes key that changed it thursday) thats when i wrote that post but this morning it was set to long again (now im confused if its broken or not) HD radio off setting is holding though so some improvement was made. it feels like the update slowed down reverting to long from a few hours to a day to every third day.

just annoying to have to remember to set sport mode and voice prompts to short and center dic screen to phone mode and unlock my phone to allow pandora every time i get in the car......first world problems, I know, but isn't the reason we pay more is so us first worlders don't tire out our index fingers?

GJB

Well I will let you know my experience with the long/short once I get my car back. I hope I don't have to do a reset like you did which indicates something did not load correctly.

ok Rattle cannot be fixed at this time, it is the center seatbelt retractor and the only solution is to turn down the bass, GM is evaluating

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...a/IMG_2722.jpg

this photo is from the CTS forum the seatbelt retractor forward and to the left of the subwoofer is what is rattling in the ATS

GJB

Wook, Try this, The center belt can be unlatched at the seat end. Disconnect and let it recoil the rest of the belt and just tuck the tab in. Maybe with the extra cloth in there the rattle may go away. No one is sitting in my middle seat so I keep it recoiled all the time and no rattle.

Wook, Try this, The center belt can be unlatched at the seat end. Disconnect and let it recoil the rest of the belt and just tuck the tab in. Maybe with the extra cloth in there the rattle may go away. No one is sitting in my middle seat so I keep it recoiled all the time and no rattle.
    thanks i'll try that, they think its the weight that engages the locking mechanism, the right frequency might be moving it

l.cassar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

how did you unlatch your seat belt, mine doesn't have a specific hole for a key to go in. i'm thinking maybe because i have a base and the seat doesn't fold.

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by l.cassar View Post
    how did you unlatch your seat belt, mine doesn't have a specific hole for a key to go in. i'm thinking maybe because i have a base and the seat doesn't fold.
    You may be right that its related to the split seat...pg 3-16 in the manual. If you look at where the over the shoulder section is anchored (not buckle end) down by the seat you will see a flush rectangular shaped button. use something like the eraser end of a pencil , key etc to depress it and it will release the belt and you can recoil it all the way up. I leave mine up all the time because if I have to haul more that 3 or 4 I'm taking a different car.

l.cassar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

You may be right that its related to the split seat...pg 3-16 in the manual. If you look at where the over the shoulder section is anchored (not buckle end) down by the seat you will see a flush rectangular shaped button. use something like the eraser end of a pencil , key etc to depress it and it will release the belt and you can recoil it all the way up. I leave mine up all the time because if I have to haul more that 3 or 4 I'm taking a different car.
    ya i don't have anything down there that has anything like that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.