Turbo being replaced so I have a question - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Turbo being replaced so I have a question in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee the sound that started it all kinda funny....so Sunday before last I hear the sound I ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Turbo being replaced so I have a question

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    the sound that started it all

kinda funny....so Sunday before last I hear the sound I recorded above while in a drive thru and to determine if the sound is my car or the one behind me, I kill the motor, well it was me so when I restart the car I get a message in the DIC "service power steering ..... drive carefully" and sure enough my power steering failed, I get the steering working by rebooting the car and the next day I bring it in for service where they have a TSB on the steering issue but have no clue on the sound and of course the car is whisper quiet. I take my car back and by Friday morning it's doing it again, i bring it in, they can't figure it out but Cadillac corporate made the call to replace it which happened today. they discovered this when they took it off, along with a loose exhaust which was another TSB
    Hello pissedoffwookiee,

I am glad to hear that they have been able to address the problem you were experiencing with your turbo and your exhaust. Please feel free to private message us if you have any further questions or concerns. I will be looking forward to seeing your future updates. Thank you very much for taking the time to update us!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

update.... they thought it would be done today but the studs won't come out of the turbo and it was too late to order new ones so they're ordering them Monday overnight so my turbo is still on the bench

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    The only thing I would do, is be 100% positive it has oil pressure running through it and that the lines are all leak free.
    I was thinking the same thing. Check that first.

OK....finally got the car back my car was in service 9 of the last 14 days with the last 7 days solid, they fixed:

power steering failure (TSB)
    trembling idle (TSB)
    broken turbo
    broken manifold
    loose exhaust (TSB)
    rattling rear parcel shelf on certain bass notes (TSB)

and finally they have GM's tech center looking into why CUE won't hold the short voice prompt setting that wont let you make calls because she(CUE) is lecturing you about your media device initializing.

this last one i brought to their attention, because this always bugged me but i thought i had to wait for an update to fix but the CUE in the loaner XTS does not have this problem which is why they're looking into why mine does.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012

and finally they have GM's tech center looking into why CUE won't hold the short voice prompt setting that wont let you make calls because she(CUE) is lecturing you about your media device initializing.

this last one i brought to their attention, because this always bugged me but i thought i had to wait for an update to fix but the CUE in the loaner XTS does not have this problem which is why they're looking into why mine does.
    I have this on my dealer to do list as well. Let us know what happens. So how is she running now?

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    I have this on my dealer to do list as well. Let us know what happens. So how is she running now?
    so far she feels like she wants to run, havent had an opportunity to let her rip yet, when i play 'Royals' by Lorde the rattle is gone, yay!!! but i can make it come back with 'going back to cali' but very few cars can survive that song so not that big a deal, i still may have a car audio pro get at it maybe stuff some foam in between the parcel shelf and chassis, but overall i hear bass not body panels so i'm pleased, now its cadillacs turn to figure out why the same radio works better in an XTS Loaner than my car.
    Ihuntv8 and Rob D. like this.

rattle is back ugh!!! does it a lot playing 'the love club' from Lorde

GJB

rattle is back ugh!!! does it a lot playing 'the love club' from Lorde

Dealer is going to tell you to change your song list....
    Caleb Bennett likes this.

Dealer is going to tell you to change your song list....
    I would agree they might say that if all i listened to was super bassy hip-hop that was nothing but beating on my sub, which was my point in listing the latest song that can produce the rattle, the rattle spans genres and can be stopped when i put my hand on the back edge of the parcel shelf at the window, i almost think certain bass notes are making the shelf cover that contains the sub grill hit the back window

GJB

pow, time to go see your Audio Pro. If he/she figures it out please let us know. So do you notice a big improvment other than the noise since they did all that work to your turbo and exaust?

pow, time to go see your Audio Pro. If he/she figures it out please let us know. So do you notice a big improvment other than the noise since they did all that work to your turbo and exaust?
    car feels good, i terrorized a few off/on ramps last night so far i'm satisfied, no dramatic change, the car feels as it should, the idle is smooth so that was fixed, i cannot get the power steering to fail, so that was fixed, they are still researching with GM's tech line on CUE forgetting settings and presets that the XTS loaner didn't do. speaking of the XTS after having that car for a week it reset my buttometer and first drive in my ATS and i was thinking how rough the ride was...lol, now i find the car comfy again
    Rozay619 and GJB like this.

AJS1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Manual

I had the same problem with the rear parcel shelf rattling while playing Bass heavy songs until I installed my son's child's safety seat via the latch system! I have not been able to recreate the rattle since. Not to say it's "fixed" but at least it's not rattling at the moment. I will be interested to see what you discover the real problem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AJS1 View Post
    I had the same problem with the rear parcel shelf rattling while playing Bass heavy songs until I installed my son's child's safety seat via the latch system! I have not been able to recreate the rattle since. Not to say it's "fixed" but at least it's not rattling at the moment. I will be interested to see what you discover the real problem to be.
    mine rattles with my daughters seat in using latch, wow, hope its not worse without

UPDATE ...brought car in to service, today, they found some software update for CUE, to address the the radios inability to remember the 'voice prompt short' setting and deleting presets, that has been uploaded to my car, i'll report later if this mystery update does anything, and they are currently working on the rear parcel shelf rattle, i played a couple songs for the tech and showed him how the rattle goes away with a hand on the shelf, and he did it himself so he knows exactly the problem

and before anybody asks ... yes the car was up to date and had the February/March update

lol...my car has some frankensoftware going, so far it has new software for the steering, HVAC, CUE, engine, and remotes, I'm thinking they should just borrow a page out of microsofts book and just download updates, every second tuesday.
    RippyPartsDept and sqkid89 like this.

update......sadly the problem is back, CUE would finally hold the setting, but was really laggy an unresponsive.....so a reset to factory settings, did restore responsiveness but restored the problem as well....
    she goes in on Monday for the rattle again
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.