Dead Pedal Install
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Dead Pedal Install in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I just purchased the stainless steel pedals and can't seem to remove the dead/foot rest pedal. Anyone done this already? ...
    josefelipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dead Pedal Install

I just purchased the stainless steel pedals and can't seem to remove the dead/foot rest pedal. Anyone done this already?
    From looking at the new one, looks very simple but damn thing won't come out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Dead Pedal Install

whats the new one look like? does it screw into the old on? or does it look like it has factory mounting tabs?

As you can see, there is the face and the bracket. The face removes easily from this new piece, but I'd break it in the car. Also tried removing the whole thing, bracket and all, but would only lift partially.
    Ideas..
    Attached Images

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

This may sound silly, but try it anyways, looking under the car against the firewall, theirs no material/plastics that if pulled back will reveal where the factory dead pedal is bolted in is there? like the underside of the floor pan?

6MT
    6MT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Hi josefelipe,

Those look great. I installed a set as well a few months ago. From what I remember, there is a button/clip near the bottom of the old (and new) dead pedal. Press that and lift up slightly and the old cover should come off. I just installed the top face of the new pedal and it clipped right in to the old bracket that I didn't remove from the car. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by josefelipe View Post
    I just purchased the stainless steel pedals and can't seem to remove the dead/foot rest pedal. Anyone done this already?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by josefelipe View Post
    These are factory pedals that didn't come with instructions or some aftermarket?

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by josefelipe
    As you can see, there is the face and the bracket. The face removes easily from this new piece, but I'd break it in the car. Also tried removing the whole thing, bracket and all, but would only lift partially.
    Ideas..
    Off topic, were you on E90post?

FDNY-L107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Auto RWD

Yeah, I did the same thing....those clips all came off when I also tried to remove the backing plate. The good news is that I have a good solution. Trim the back of each of the four mounting holes flat. Next drill out each with a 3/8" or smaller bit. Use a matching size drywall anchor in each - use a washer on each bolt. The bolt lengths don't have to be too long if I recall 2" should be plenty. Place each bolt through the backing plate holes you just drilled then remember to put the anchor on each end. Line up the four holes with the anchors and push them in. Then tightening them up - do not over tighten!

Finally the new SS dead petal may now not stay on completely so use some 3M adhesive sealant on the back of the petal, line up and press it on. Give it a few hours to set and you're good to go.

I know without pictures it maybe difficult to follow, so hopefully you get the idea. Just remember those holes are clear on the backside.

Can't wait until the GM service manuals are released from Helm for these cars.

Good luck.

Stevo, you were right to try it any way. The original pedal was hot glued on. Felt like I was breaking it but I pulled anyway.
    And yes they're original factory products.
    Attached Images

All done, thanks everyone.
    Oh, and I may be mistaken, but I believe the new Vette has the same ones.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.