2 bent wheels at 3,700 miles - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2 bent wheels at 3,700 miles in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; where did u hear that? im debating on the same issue. but if ur extreme enough to go to 20s, ...
    donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: 2 bent wheels at 3,700 miles

where did u hear that? im debating on the same issue. but if ur extreme enough to go to 20s, tires are significantly cheaper

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    Found a shop to straighten them for less. The thing that worries me is that they will bend again. Knowing it didn't take much to ruin these originally. (even with show ZERO signs of ever hitting a pot hole) Either they came bent when I bought it with 80mi or these are really just shit designed wheels. Coming from owning a previous GM with 18"s I do some some room to speak on the subject. Disappointed in the quality overall.

HELLO

I am now in the same situation

I would like to add that to top the 47 problems on my car with 8500 km , i now apparently have 2 bent wheels and a scrap tire... on my 18''
    This is not normal, fisrt off 40 profile on a 18'' does not make any sense, a colbalt has bigger tires as an examaple...
    Our roads are horrible, but it's not normal. As an example with 17" Acura wheels 80 000 km i never one bent wheel... and i even bought them used !

There's obviously a quality issue here, on top of the part that the tires don'T have enough rubber, wondering if that means ill need to change 1 tire and fix two wheels after every summer. Even if they say it'S a car for younger people seems the only way you wont have problems is by being a 75 year old living in Fort Lauderdale with perfect roads and weather...

I've already diverted at least three sales away from Cadillac ATS. And will keep doing to the same untill CAdillac fixes my problems.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    HELLO

I am now in the same situation

I would like to add that to top the 47 problems on my car with 8500 km , i now apparently have 2 bent wheels and a scrap tire... on my 18''
    This is not normal, fisrt off 40 profile on a 18'' does not make any sense, a colbalt has bigger tires as an examaple...
    Our roads are horrible, but it's not normal. As an example with 17" Acura wheels 80 000 km i never one bent wheel... and i even bought them used !

There's obviously a quality issue here, on top of the part that the tires don'T have enough rubber, wondering if that means ill need to change 1 tire and fix two wheels after every summer. Even if they say it'S a car for younger people seems the only way you wont have problems is by being a 75 year old living in Fort Lauderdale with perfect roads and weather...

I've already diverted at least three sales away from Cadillac ATS. And will keep doing to the same untill CAdillac fixes my problems.

Don't divert sales, how does that help your situation? Many people are thrilled with their car even if you are not. We want the ATS to be a success so they don't discontinue, once it goes end of life all the improvements, support and fixes stop.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Don't divert sales, how does that help your situation? Many people are thrilled with their car even if you are not. We want the ATS to be a success so they don't discontinue, once it goes end of life all the improvements, support and fixes stop.
    I've seen that from unhappy customers of many models/brands. It makes no sense to me from lots of angles.

As you pointed out, TRYING to steer people away from the brand doesn't help them at all and actually hurts their odds of getting their problems resolved. Still, I can understand someone sacrificing themselves for the good of the many. But that's not what's happening. And anyone who knows them well enough to be swayed also knows they would let a friend get stuck with the same problem. Because that's what they all say: "I'll stop driving people away when MY problem is fixed". So much for altruism!

I think it's just blowing off steam. I can understand their emotions and sympathize with their problems but its a shame they often compound those problems.
    GJB likes this.

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I've seen that from unhappy customers of many models/brands. It makes no sense to me from lots of angles.

As you pointed out, TRYING to steer people away from the brand doesn't help them at all and actually hurts their odds of getting their problems resolved. Still, I can understand someone sacrificing themselves for the good of the many. But that's not what's happening. And anyone who knows them well enough to be swayed also knows they would let a friend get stuck with the same problem. Because that's what they all say: "I'll stop driving people away when MY problem is fixed". So much for altruism!

I think it's just blowing off steam. I can understand their emotions and sympathize with their problems but its a shame they often compound those problems.
    I might sound like a exaggerated complainer here, but read well all my post and you'll understand where i'm coming from.
    To show how I'm a reasonable man , I actually thanked the Cadillac service guy when i picked up the car and the two bent wheels and scrapped tires. He gave me bad news but for the rest helped me out pretty good for the other little problems he fixed, i willl make sure he's aware of my gratitude. Also was impressed with the help i got with the dedicated GM' CUE Contact on the phone.

When i said i diverted ATS sales, i am much smarter than i sound, and understand that spreading the bad word is not for my benefit (note i lately decided not to keep this leamon after my lease), but i, in all good conscience can't suggest anyone to purchase this car. Unless you live in the south states and lease yourself a Manual RWD Track package ATS .

I will keep being loud to my numerous contacts until i am given the support i deserve. I've seen lots of help from help coming for the US customers and am happy for them, but here we are simply left off.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.