Ugh... Album artwork????
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Ugh... Album artwork???? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I swore the first day I had my ats (with CUE) it showed album artwork from songs using Bluetooth.... Not ...
    1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Ugh... Album artwork????

I swore the first day I had my ats (with CUE) it showed album artwork from songs using Bluetooth.... Not since.

XM radio doesn't, android does,iPhone doesn't, USB drives don't....

Online chat CUE said to call CUE for help. I did and the guy put me on hold and called back later to say my car doesn't do album artwork.... Malibu does! Buick does! And they do with my same devices. I mentioned the page on screen with software versions says it has grace note, and he said tha is for playlists (which makes no sense to me).

They are investigating, but I'm blown away that CUE support is unsure if album art is supported at all! Ugh....

I get xm logo when using xm. I get bt logo when using bt. I get a cartoon of a card when using sad card.

I tried resetting CUE all the way and for a bit bt streaming showed a generic musical note.... Now it is back to the bt logo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Re: Ugh... Album artwork????

My phones don't, but my Ipod and USB drives definitely show album artwork!

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012

When I use my ipod through USB I have the album artwork.

[QUOTE=1formula;10614457]They are investigating, but I'm blown away that CUE support is unsure if album art is supported at all! Ugh...QUOTE]

I've called CUE support 2X and on both occasions I knew more about CUE then the rep on the line. Nice people but you did not get the sense that they had one in front of them or had ever really used one. But it is important to call so that issues get documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    My phones don't, but my Ipod and USB drives definitely show album artwork!
    this is crazy that (1) CUE support doesn't know one way or the other if it should work and (2) that non-CUE, read "simpler and less expensive", cars like Malibu and Buick's can easily use the Gracenote database for album artwork on my cell phones streaming music...

TonyT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS
    I have a 2014 ATS iPod connected to USB port in cue compartment and it shows album art. Also so does my SD cards, and my Motorola Razor Maxx connect by bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    I have a 2014 ATS iPod connected to USB port in cue compartment and it shows album art. Also so does my SD cards, and my Motorola Razor Maxx connect by bluetooth
    ain't that grand.... the CUE Support has NO IDEA if it should show album art at all. the owner's manual doesn't mention it. yet "lesser" GMs do it, other ATSs do it, and my ATS did it for one day....

CUE called me back, still not sure, but told me to take it to the dealer for them to figure out.

ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance

I don't get any album artwork in my ATS either using Bluetooth. Maybe they removed that feature in the latest CUE update or it just works when a device is plugged into the car? Likewise, the car does not load track information for CD's or the album artwork either. I wonder if CUE just needs another update.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    I don't get any album artwork in my ATS either using Bluetooth. Maybe they removed that feature in the latest CUE update or it just works when a device is plugged into the car? Likewise, the car does not load track information for CD's or the album artwork either. I wonder if CUE just needs another update.
    something is wrong.... CUE support has no idea; one user here has stated they have it for BT, SD, and iPhone integration; i had it for a day; a reset got me a different icon for a short while; other GMs with less than top line gear show album artwork; and CUE most DEFINITELY has gracenote (what for??)....

Quote Originally Posted by 1formula

something is wrong.... CUE support has no idea; one user here has stated they have it for BT, SD, and iPhone integration; i had it for a day; a reset got me a different icon for a short while; other GMs with less than top line gear show album artwork; and CUE most DEFINITELY has gracenote (what for??)....
    CUE has gracenote? Shoot, then why doesn't the track information load? How does some CUE loaded cars display album artwork while others do not; how bizarre!

Question for you, when you load the pandora app through CUE, what do you see? For me, I load it in my iPhone as usual and open the app and it says 'no Internet connection.' Pandora will play through my normal Bluetooth audio though but that app is useless. I wonder if you have the same problem, if there could be some kind of connection between the lack of connection and gracenote not working or possibly explain a glitch in CUE with the album artwork. It could be a stretch but who knows!

I'm going to pick up my car from the dealer tomorrow (it had some engine problem) and ask them to show me how to get the album artwork, (gracenote and pandora if it affects you too) to work. I'll let you know what they say.

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

Go in to CUE settings and select software information. Make certain Gracenote is not blank. Should have an ID assigned to it.
    As for the iPhone when playing Pandora, when you select the Pandora icon on CUE, you then need to select "allow" on your iPhone screen to allow it to send info to CUE.

Quote Originally Posted by derek98z
    Go in to CUE settings and select software information. Make certain Gracenote is not blank. Should have an ID assigned to it.
    As for the iPhone when playing Pandora, when you select the Pandora icon on CUE, you then need to select "allow" on your iPhone screen to allow it to send info to CUE.
    Thanks a lot! I'll look into this on Gracenote on the rental I have and see if I can figure it out. Perhaps the dealership can address this when I pick up the car if there is no ID attached on my own.

I'll explore Pandora more carefully. I didn't realize I needed to allow it again after the Bluetooth connection was made so that's probably the issue I'm having with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1formula View Post
    I swore the first day I had my ats (with CUE) it showed album artwork from songs using Bluetooth.... Not since.

XM radio doesn't, android does,iPhone doesn't, USB drives don't....

Online chat CUE said to call CUE for help. I did and the guy put me on hold and called back later to say my car doesn't do album artwork.... Malibu does! Buick does! And they do with my same devices. I mentioned the page on screen with software versions says it has grace note, and he said tha is for playlists (which makes no sense to me).

They are investigating, but I'm blown away that CUE support is unsure if album art is supported at all! Ugh....

I get xm logo when using xm. I get bt logo when using bt. I get a cartoon of a card when using sad card.

I tried resetting CUE all the way and for a bit bt streaming showed a generic musical note.... Now it is back to the bt logo.
    So my dealership has no idea. But, I'm pretty resourceful I mean at least usually anyway.

I did some research online and found this GMC article: http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc...intellink.html. Note that last bullet point stating, "Album art and artist information for songs playing from a device are displayed on Terrain’s color touch screen. The Gracenote data that allows this also makes voice activation more conversational, identifying nicknames like “The Boss” or “The Stones.""

So, it seems there's a link between album artwork and Gracenote and not a link between your images associated with your iPhone songs and CUE. This all assuming CUE is just a more advanced, specific Cadillac version of GM's IntelliLink.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    So my dealership has no idea. But, I'm pretty resourceful I mean at least usually anyway.

I did some research online and found this GMC article: http://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc...intellink.html. Note that last bullet point stating, "Album art and artist information for songs playing from a device are displayed on Terrain’s color touch screen. The Gracenote data that allows this also makes voice activation more conversational, identifying nicknames like “The Boss” or “The Stones.""

So, it seems there's a link between album artwork and Gracenote and not a link between your images associated with your iPhone songs and CUE. This all assuming CUE is just a more advanced, specific Cadillac version of GM's IntelliLink.
    Hello ATSigma,

I wanted to let you know I received your private message and responded to you. We can continue our interaction that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

has anyone got this to work consistently?

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

double post...see below.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.