Ugh... Album artwork???? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Ugh... Album artwork???? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The most random thing ever happened to me last Thursday. Some d-bag in a 5 series BMW rear ended me. ...
    ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    The most random thing ever happened to me last Thursday. Some d-bag in a 5 series BMW rear ended me. That's not the random part but it did lead to what happened next. Long story short, I called my sister from the car and out of nowhere, a picture of her appeared on the DIC. Then after we hung up, the album artwork for the song playing appeared and I was like what?! Why has this never worked before and now suddenly it's working? It made no sense! lol I can't seem to figure out how get it to work like this all the time either so I guess clearly, the trick and first step to resolution is to get rear ended by a BMW. LOL Seriously.

I did notice the weekend before, CUE like, died. The screen was black but the music was still playing and I could tap the home button and I'd get haptic feedback but with no screen, I couldn't tell if anything happened. It was like it reset itself. Ever since then, weird stuff like pictures showing when people call and random album artwork has been happening but totally inconsistently. I have to go to the dealership anyway since there is this weird bubbling happening in the driver side window glass which is really just so freaking bizarro. I'm going to post a new thread about it when I take a picture of it. But maybe there is another CUE update for the 2014 models I keep hearing about to address more issues and speed up CUE. I think CUE just needs a quad core processor and that Haswell chip I also keep hearing about.

1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: Ugh... Album artwork????

classic- i get it album artwork for a day... you get it after an accident. i'd LOVE to get it without getting into an accident...

Quote Originally Posted by ATSigma View Post
    The most random thing ever happened to me last Thursday. Some d-bag in a 5 series BMW rear ended me. That's not the random part but it did lead to what happened next. Long story short, I called my sister from the car and out of nowhere, a picture of her appeared on the DIC. Then after we hung up, the album artwork for the song playing appeared and I was like what?! Why has this never worked before and now suddenly it's working? It made no sense! lol I can't seem to figure out how get it to work like this all the time either so I guess clearly, the trick and first step to resolution is to get rear ended by a BMW. LOL Seriously.

lol- UPDATE..... all of a sudden, i am now getting album artwork with my SD card!! (still not with BT streaming, though).

what i did: i used voice commands to select music and it seems to work (we'll see if it continues working). same SD card with same songs not ever removed for weeks!

sqmzeea is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I get album art from SD with MP3 files but not M4A files.

ITG
    ITG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    After speaking with support I fixed the album art issue (I'm using a USB stick, haven't tested this with bluetooth and I'm ripping in mp3 format).

The album art needs to be embedded or tagged in each individual music file.

Ripping CDs in windows media player and copying them and the album art over is not enough. Windows media player doesn't tag each file/song with album art.

There are free programs (mp3tag?) to find and attach album art to files - usually based on folder/album name.

Went through close to 100 folders/albums attaching album art and now it shows up for everything. Enjoy!

only works some of the time for me.... same song, same file, same SD card... only sporadically works.

Quote Originally Posted by ITG View Post
    After speaking with support I fixed the album art issue (I'm using a USB stick, haven't tested this with bluetooth and I'm ripping in mp3 format).

The album art needs to be embedded or tagged in each individual music file.

Ripping CDs in windows media player and copying them and the album art over is not enough. Windows media player doesn't tag each file/song with album art.

There are free programs (mp3tag?) to find and attach album art to files - usually based on folder/album name.

Went through close to 100 folders/albums attaching album art and now it shows up for everything. Enjoy!

ITG
    Quote Originally Posted by 1formula View Post
    only works some of the time for me.... same song, same file, same SD card... only sporadically works.
    I'm using a USB3 stick so pretty fast data transfer rates. Maybe upgrading to faster storage would work? Worth a try.

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

I wonder if the album art issue has to do with a failed index of the drive? Perhaps if a USB device was plugged in, and for some reason, either the engine was turned off, something interrupted the process, or the usb was pulled out. Then all subsequent tries with the same USB drive never loads the pictures because it detects an index, albeit failed? For the people who had issues, did you try loading all the songs onto another USB drive and trying?

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ITG View Post
    I'm using a USB3 stick so pretty fast data transfer rates. Maybe upgrading to faster storage would work? Worth a try.
    Does the ATS connect to USB3 devices at USB3 speeds? I would have thought that the ATS would connect to a USB3 device at legacy USB2 speeds. It is easy enough to figure out: I will look at the connectors on the ATS to see which they are.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

I don't know why everyone is having an issue with this. I have a 100% success rate with album art via USB or SD card. You have to embed the cover art in the file itself. Here's what I did:
    1. Get album art. Google image search or Amazon are your best bets.
    2. Resize photos. Too big and your mp3 files will be huge. I found 300x300 is a good size for our dash
    3. If you use windows, download Mp3tag. Mac, I have no idea, but find something similar.
    4. Organize. Get your artist names cleaned up, album titles cleared, and numbered tracks where you want them. Makes searching a whole lot easier later.
    5. Add photos to the tracks. Each track needs it, but if you're using an mp3 tag editor, its quick and easy to do.

Toss in the caddy, and enjoy

ITG
    Quote Originally Posted by 1formula View Post
    Thanks sqkid89 for confirming no problems with either USB or SD cards and album art. Maybe a hardware or file system issue.

i've done all this. it works rarely on my car- i've tried different cards, formats, picture sources, etc....

my dealer has had the car for days, twice now.... they cannot figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkid89 View Post
    I don't know why everyone is having an issue with this. I have a 100% success rate with album art via USB or SD card. You have to embed the cover art in the file itself. Here's what I did:
    1. Get album art. Google image search or Amazon are your best bets.
    2. Resize photos. Too big and your mp3 files will be huge. I found 300x300 is a good size for our dash
    3. If you use windows, download Mp3tag. Mac, I have no idea, but find something similar.
    4. Organize. Get your artist names cleaned up, album titles cleared, and numbered tracks where you want them. Makes searching a whole lot easier later.
    5. Add photos to the tracks. Each track needs it, but if you're using an mp3 tag editor, its quick and easy to do.

Toss in the caddy, and enjoy

ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    Tada! I have my iPhone 5S plugged in via USB (and also connected to Bluetooth in case I get a call) while listening to music and the album artwork totally works.

image-3542879158.jpg

thanks, ATSigma , but that is plugged in.... use BT only and report back

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.