HD Radio Fix?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ewired
  • 1 Post By GJB
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, HD Radio Fix? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone had the issue of the HD radio not permanently turning off on the CUE system? When I turn ...
    tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

HD Radio Fix?

Has anyone had the issue of the HD radio not permanently turning off on the CUE system? When I turn to a station with HD I have to keep turning HD off, very strange and annoying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

breakaway87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury AT

Re: HD Radio Fix?

I have the same issue, but it seems to be per station and it doesn't stick after you turn the car off. pretty annoying when the stations around here either aren't strong enough to stay HD (and it keeps switching) or the antenna isn't strong enough

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello tomuchwrk and breakaway87,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with the HD radio not permanently staying off. Have you reached out to our CUE support team or your dealership regarding this issue? The CUE Infotainment team’s number is 855-428-3669 and they are open 8AM - 10PM EST every day. Please keep us updated if you do give them a call. If you would like to work with a dealership, please private message us and we can set you up an appointment to have the dealership look into this concern for you. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    I have this same problem. When you disable HD it doesn't stick.

Also the audible of the HD channel is quite lower than the SD channel. So it's a noticeable up/down while it changes back and forth.

Dealer blames the range of the station dropping in/out as the issue. Now I can agree on one or two stations being an issue due to range but it does it too all of them. I've had HD in all of my vehicles since around '07 and have never had any kind of drop out issues. Some of the vehicles were factory units with iSimple tuners placed in line and the others were aftermarket.

The dealer states the system is working as designed. WTF! are they serious? If I TURN OFF HD in CUE (which is the complaint) it doesn't stay off PERIOD! It will revert back on in the same key cycle. The dealer is stuck on blaming the station reception, instead of trying to find out why the CUE reverts.

What they fail to realize is that some of the HD channels have different playlist on HD/SD. So if your on HD listening to a song, if the CUE loses signal long enough it actually changes back to SD which causes the song to change due to the stations different playlist. This has us the consumer to either accept it or not listen to the channel.

I want them to fix the tuner in the long run because I enjoy our HD's around the area...but the blame from GM is the station range so its a dead end at the dealer. The dealer can't seem to get over the "station range issue" because its written in black and white, so they are not listening to my complaint of the CUE not turning off the HD. They keep blaming the station. HUH?

I get it GM. Your tuner sucks...allow me to turn it off. What's the problem here?
    GJB likes this.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

It drives me nuts Its so annoying I have had to switched to IPOD only. You're a bad man GM....Please fix or at least give us a workaround to disable HD. We don't want to send you to the corn field.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    It drives me nuts Its so annoying I have had to switched to IPOD only. You're a bad man GM....Please fix or at least give us a workaround to disable HD. We don't want to send you to the corn field.
    Lol. Dam the same answer I got about my radio. Never a GM issue. It's always somebody else's problem.the GM crew is well trained to give all of us the standard answer. I am sick and tired of it.my radio does exactly the same thing. Matter of fact I lost the station all together. Which never happens in my other car.when the hell is GM going to own up to listening to the buyer.my 2.5l engine sucks also. But again not a GM issue. You brought it to you stuck with it. No SUPPORT at all for any of us.

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

Can I expense my mileage to the dealerships, phone, and personal time to GM corporate? I'm sure there's a line item for "ATS" on there.

Hello ewired,

I apologize that the dealership has stated that the system is working as designed and that they are not listening to your complaint. Could you private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with so I can speak to them regarding this issue? I have documented everyone’s concerns regarding this issue and have forwarded them to the correct team. Thank you very much for your time.

Hello GJB,

Have you reached out to the dealership regarding this issue yet? If you would like any assistance in working with them, please send me a private message. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB

Gregory, I've seen no mention of GM having a fix for the lame HD radio reception and or the false positive low beam failure message so I don't want to bring it in until GM has some fixes, why waste my or the dealers time? When I go in for an oil change I'll give them my list of issues and hopefully by then there will be a TSB for them to follow.

I also have a windshield with distorted clarity on the passengers side but I'm really hesitant to have the glass replaced and I'm considering just living with it because the less dealers mess with stuff other then maintenance the better.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

GJB. U are a smart person There hasn't been any resolutions posted on any of our concerns. Be prepared for the standard we are so sorry routine. It's ashame some of us have a general maintainence car. Wish you all the best. Hope you get some GM love

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

I also have a windshield with distorted clarity on the passengers side but I'm really hesitant to have the glass replaced and I'm considering just living with it because the less dealers mess with stuff other then maintenance the better.
    So, I'm not the only one with the wavy passenger side of my windshield. It's disorienting during turns. Bert

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    What they fail to realize is that some of the HD channels have different playlist on HD/SD.
    I stopped listening to one particular station because SD is country music and HD is smooth jazz. Bert

Gregory, I've seen no mention of GM having a fix for the lame HD radio reception and or the false positive low beam failure message so I don't want to bring it in until GM has some fixes, why waste my or the dealers time? When I go in for an oil change I'll give them my list of issues and hopefully by then there will be a TSB for them to follow.

Hello GJB,

I apologize that I do not have access to any of the service bulletins that are released. I would not be aware if there was a TSB that was released regarding those issues. I respect your opinion regarding the dealership’s workmanship, but if you change your mind and would like us to assist you in working with the dealership on any of these issues, please feel free to private message us. Please keep us updated when you go in for your next oil change and what the dealership says regarding those issues. As I have said, I have documented the comments in this thread about the concerns with the HD radio and sent them to the correct group within my organization. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB

Gregory, I will let you know once I bring it in. I have not had any Dealer issues nor concerns about the quality of the work they will do. My service manager seems very competent and eager to keep me using them as my preferred dealer. I just like to minimize invasive procedures whenever possible because of potential collateral damage, squeaks, leaks and rattles. I also think it puts dealers in a bad spot to diagnose problems that they have not seen before and there is no TSB. They feel they have to do something and then you get into the plug and chug mode, new antenna, center stack etc. My expectation is to have them document it and as these fixes come in over time work on them, especially since time is on my side (4 years 50K). I feel very fortunate that I've had only minor annoyances with my ATS. So far has been my favorite car out of the 10 I have owned.

----------

Bert, My passengers don't see it so it must be the angle from the drivers seat. It is disorienting and I expect I will eventually get it replaced under warranty or out of pocket if necessary. My theory is wait so that the manufacturer can improve their product or a replacement may be just as bad if not worse. I have a HUD so I'm assuming its the special plastic they bond between the glass, its also not as clear in the morning sun and has a slight fog/milky film to it.

I think its a conspiracy to make me sign up and pay for XM.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha D Blues View Post
    So, I'm not the only one with the wavy passenger side of my windshield. It's disorienting during turns. Bert

----------

I stopped listening to one particular station because SD is country music and HD is smooth jazz. Bert

Gregory, I will let you know once I bring it in. I have not had any Dealer issues nor concerns about the quality of the work they will do. My service manager seems very competent and eager to keep me using them as my preferred dealer. I just like to minimize invasive procedures whenever possible because of potential collateral damage, squeaks, leaks and rattles. I also think it puts dealers in a bad spot to diagnose problems that they have not seen before and there is no TSB. They feel they have to do something and then you get into the plug and chug mode, new antenna, center stack etc. My expectation is to have them document it and as these fixes come in over time work on them, especially since time is on my side (4 years 50K). I feel very fortunate that I've had only minor annoyances with my ATS. So far has been my favorite car out of the 10 I have owned.
    Hello GJB,

Thank you for keeping me updated on when you will bring it into the dealership. I am happy that you have not had any dealership issues or concerns and that your service manager seems competent. One of the ways that we gather info to relay to our dealerships is through the data that we obtain at the dealership level. I do completely understand you wanting to minimize invasive procedures whenever possible. I am also very happy to hear that this has been your favorite vehicle out of the ten you have owned! I will be looking for your future updates. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.