15k 2nd service, anyone get these fixes?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 15k 2nd service, anyone get these fixes? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; well its been an enjoyable 15k miles expect for the following, I've gone to two dealers to try and correct. ...
    tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

15k 2nd service, anyone get these fixes?

well its been an enjoyable 15k miles expect for the following, I've gone to two dealers to try and correct. (2013 ATS 3.6 2WD Performance)

Loose drivers seat. I've noticed a post regarding the loose seat, why isn't this a recall or a service call yet? Has anyone had any luck getting it fixed?

Gear indicating lights on center console. I find that the lights get bright and dim during my drives. Kind of distracting while driving, more so at night.

Tires rub during low speed turning. One dealer supposedly rebuilt the front end than blamed it on my stock wheels and tires.

Door panels make noise and feel like they are weak. Not sure if this is a huge issue, but I feel being what the car is. I'd be ok with it if it was a Honda...

Engine stumbles, seemed to get a lot better during the CUE swap out, but every once and a while the idle gets funny. Anyone else?

I finally got Cadillac customer care involved, but feel its not going anywhere expect getting my dealer frustrated with me.

Anyone else have any of these problems or have gotten them fixed?? Help please.

Thanks

Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 15k 2nd service, anyone get these fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    well its been an enjoyable 15k miles expect for the following, I've gone to two dealers to try and correct. (2013 ATS 3.6 2WD Performance)

Loose drivers seat. I've noticed a post regarding the loose seat, why isn't this a recall or a service call yet? Has anyone had any luck getting it fixed?

Gear indicating lights on center console. I find that the lights get bright and dim during my drives. Kind of distracting while driving, more so at night.

Tires rub during low speed turning. One dealer supposedly rebuilt the front end than blamed it on my stock wheels and tires.

Door panels make noise and feel like they are weak. Not sure if this is a huge issue, but I feel being what the car is. I'd be ok with it if it was a Honda...

Engine stumbles, seemed to get a lot better during the CUE swap out, but every once and a while the idle gets funny. Anyone else?

I finally got Cadillac customer care involved, but feel its not going anywhere expect getting my dealer frustrated with me.

Thanks

Eric
    Hello tomuchwrk,

I apologize that you have had these issues with your ATS. I know how frustrating multiple issues can be on a new vehicle. I do see that you are already interacting with our customer care team. Please keep us updated on the situation with your ATS and feel free to reach out to us via private message if you would like us to keep an eye on your case for you. Thank you very much for your time. I will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Greg,

Thank you, I will PM you.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk

Thanks

Eric
    I'm having almost all the exact issues. Loose drivers seat seems to shift/click when making turns. I also always thought there was some noise when turning steering at low speeds or stopped. Definitely stumbling at idle and my drivers door panel creaks when hitting bumps. Also passenger seat rattles over bumps too. Others have posted, I'm also experiencing a funny smell from the a/c when first started, almost musty smelling. Several little issues that aren't a big deal but tend to add up.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    I'm having almost all the exact issues. Loose drivers seat seems to shift/click when making turns. I also always thought there was some noise when turning steering at low speeds or stopped. Definitely stumbling at idle and my drivers door panel creaks when hitting bumps. Also passenger seat rattles over bumps too. Others have posted, I'm also experiencing a funny smell from the a/c when first started, almost musty smelling. Several little issues that aren't a big deal but tend to add up.
    Hello bluecrayon,

I understand how vehicle issues whether they are big or small can be annoying with a vehicle. If you would like to further discuss your current concerns, please private message me so we can continue to interact.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Sorry buddy you are imaging all of this. Per any GM personnel I have talk to. So I suggest give up while your ahead. GM thinks most of there customers make up such issues. Especially for the CAR OF THE YEAR. You be mistaken about your findings .and and watch you will get the standard answer from Greg Laura you name it. We are so so so sorry. And please private email I did the private email. And never got a respond or call from said Laura or Greg. Great isn't it. So. Again give up while you are ahead. Suing them maybe the right action to get GM attention cause as of now GM wants no bad press. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your ats.

Muffin, I hear you but GM has helped put some pressure on my dealership. Not sure if its going to help other than get be banned from another dealership with the "non issues" I am having. Besides these little things that GM should be buying us coffee for, for completing the rest of their R&D, its not a bad car. I just would like the excuses to stop and just take the parts I am having problems with and do a little research on them so people that purchase the following years do not have them. I guess we dug our own hole buying the first round of American cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Sorry buddy you are imaging all of this. Per any GM personnel I have talk to. So I suggest give up while your ahead. GM thinks most of there customers make up such issues. Especially for the CAR OF THE YEAR. You be mistaken about your findings .and and watch you will get the standard answer from Greg Laura you name it. We are so so so sorry. And please private email I did the private email. And never got a respond or call from said Laura or Greg. Great isn't it. So. Again give up while you are ahead. Suing them maybe the right action to get GM attention cause as of now GM wants no bad press. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your ats.
    Hello Muffin,

I apologize if you never received my private message in another forum. I located your case and notified the agent that was working with you at the time to contact you. I do see that he completed a call to you on the 21st of June. We do not believe that our customers are making up their concerns at all. We have documented them and sent them to the correct group of people. In your case, I do see that you are working with the correct group of people as well. I would suggest continuing to work with them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Gregory and who are those group of people's. this is July 21. A month ago and no follow up. Looking forward to some kind of update. Thanks

----------

You know what's really bugging me is all I am asking for is GM get me into the turbo without costing me a mega buck.yet they have not honor my request I did not know that the 2.5 would be a rough running engine and want the turbo now since I have driven it and is no where near the issue of the 2.5. Again GM has not assisted me at all that's why I write the these comments. How about some respect for the buyers of there product.my dealers been useless and that really concerns me

barlowc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD 6AT

Quote Originally Posted by tomuchwrk View Post
    Gear indicating lights on center console. I find that the lights get bright and dim during my drives.
    I noticed the same in my 2.0T Standard on the third day I owned the car. I haven't noticed it since but I primarily drive when it's light out and haven't been paying too much attention to it.

Not feeling to much GM love

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Thanks Gregory and who are those group of people's. this is July 21. A month ago and no follow up. Looking forward to some kind of update. Thanks

----------

You know what's really bugging me is all I am asking for is GM get me into the turbo without costing me a mega buck.yet they have not honor my request I did not know that the 2.5 would be a rough running engine and want the turbo now since I have driven it and is no where near the issue of the 2.5. Again GM has not assisted me at all that's why I write the these comments. How about some respect for the buyers of there product.my dealers been useless and that really concerns me
    Hello Muffin,

I have sent you a private message regarding your case.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Yes I appreciate that feedback hoping to switch out to turbo and rave about the ATS I believe GM will do me justice .i do thank you very much for the private email.

----------

Gregory I really want this ATS to have many many successes And obviously you and your group do also and you have been very patience in all our replies.again I really hope we can get this worked out. Take care
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

These cars (or mine, at least) have a number of intermittent issues that when the dealer can't immediately recreate, they basically tell us that we're imagining it. I had an issue where my headlights end up misaligned maybe 5-10% of the time. The first time I brought it in, the service advisor told me that was impossible due to the design, and didn't do anything. Next time it happened, I took pictures that showed the passenger headlight was shining a couple feet higher than the right, then after a quick restart of the engine, the lights realigned and were basically perfectly flat. After sending the pictures to the advisor, they went ahead and replaced the entire assembly (and made sure to point out that it was "a very expensive repair"). We'll see if that actually fixes the issue, I'm wary since they never found anything wrong with the original assembly.

I've had a few other errors pop up on the information display, but they all "fixed" themselves immediately, so nothing was ever done about them. I have some other minor annoyances with the way the car operates (like the cruise control hijacking my information display since I have the ACC package - the information is already in my HUD, why are you forcing me to use up one of my information windows to display it?)...

Oh well... I still enjoy driving it, just wish it were perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    These cars (or mine, at least) have a number of intermittent issues that when the dealer can't immediately recreate, they basically tell us that we're imagining it. I had an issue where my headlights end up misaligned maybe 5-10% of the time. The first time I brought it in, the service advisor told me that was impossible due to the design, and didn't do anything. Next time it happened, I took pictures that showed the passenger headlight was shining a couple feet higher than the right, then after a quick restart of the engine, the lights realigned and were basically perfectly flat. After sending the pictures to the advisor, they went ahead and replaced the entire assembly (and made sure to point out that it was "a very expensive repair"). We'll see if that actually fixes the issue, I'm wary since they never found anything wrong with the original assembly.

I've had a few other errors pop up on the information display, but they all "fixed" themselves immediately, so nothing was ever done about them. I have some other minor annoyances with the way the car operates (like the cruise control hijacking my information display since I have the ACC package - the information is already in my HUD, why are you forcing me to use up one of my information windows to display it?)...

Oh well... I still enjoy driving it, just wish it were perfect!
    Hello Sir CussFreq,

I understand your frustration in dealing with intermittent issues. I am glad you were able to record your vehicle headlight issue and the dealer replaced the entire assembly for you. I apologize for the trouble you had to go through for this. I am happy to see you still enjoy driving your ATS! I do get that you wish your Caddy was perfect; as I am sure every vehicle owner wishes. If you ever have any other concerns or questions you would like to discuss, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.