2700 Mile Road Trip - AwesomeTS!!!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffroeson
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2700 Mile Road Trip - AwesomeTS!!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Drove from Waterloo, IA to Biloxi, MS and back from Jul 6 to Jul 12. Spent first night in Memphis ...
    jeffroeson is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

2700 Mile Road Trip - AwesomeTS!!!

Drove from Waterloo, IA to Biloxi, MS and back from Jul 6 to Jul 12. Spent first night in Memphis and last night in St. Louis. The entire driving trip went flawless.

The ATS is an absolute driver's car and made seven days in the seat a total pleasure. Side trips to New Orleans (Bourbon St.) and Pensacola (NAS and museum) made sure the car was put to the test at all times. As far a fuel mileage, I got between 27 to 28.7 MPG using 93 octane and driving at speeds from 77 to 90 MPH on the long hauls. Luckily gas prices were reaonable, paid $3.48 low to $4.05 high.

My most shocking observation is I did not see ONE ATS in 2700 miles. Little disappointing, but made me feel special and unique. Oh well, the dawdlers in the fast lane got an up close view of an ATS that belonged there and not them.

I love my ATS!!!
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DeanP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4
    Sounds like a nice trip. Like to read about the fuel mileage. I too have been noticing by their absence the number of ATS' on the road. I kind of like the exclusiveness of it.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

Re: 2700 Mile Road Trip - AwesomeTS!!!

Great comments about our ATS cars; I, too, love mine; have had it since December.

As to the scarcity of them at present: I am starting to see several here in the Des Moines area; the same thing seemed to happen with the '08 CTS; took a while to see them, then all of a sudden, lots of them!

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

Don't see alot of them down here on the West Coast of FL-probably becasue of the age demographics. They can be easily confused with the 1st generation CTS (before 2008). My dealership tries to give you a loaner of the same model you have when your car is in for service, but not always. Heard one lady who brought her DTS in for service and was given a ATS-she was complaining about everything from siting too low to not having enough room. Funny.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffroeson View Post
    Drove from Waterloo, IA to Biloxi, MS and back from Jul 6 to Jul 12. Spent first night in Memphis and last night in St. Louis. The entire driving trip went flawless.

The ATS is an absolute driver's car and made seven days in the seat a total pleasure. Side trips to New Orleans (Bourbon St.) and Pensacola (NAS and museum) made sure the car was put to the test at all times. As far a fuel mileage, I got between 27 to 28.7 MPG using 93 octane and driving at speeds from 77 to 90 MPH on the long hauls. Luckily gas prices were reaonable, paid $3.48 low to $4.05 high.

My most shocking observation is I did not see ONE ATS in 2700 miles. Little disappointing, but made me feel special and unique. Oh well, the dawdlers in the fast lane got an up close view of an ATS that belonged there and not them.

I love my ATS!!!
    Hello jeffroeson,

This was an awesome post to read! I am so happy you are loving your ATS and it is accommodating for you while on your road trips Thanks for sharing this with everyone. No ATS in 2700 miles; you must have been the head turner while on the road! Continue to enjoy driving your ATS. If there are ever concerns or issues you have, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Great comments about our ATS cars; I, too, love mine; have had it since December.

As to the scarcity of them at present: I am starting to see several here in the Des Moines area; the same thing seemed to happen with the '08 CTS; took a while to see them, then all of a sudden, lots of them!
    Hi David,

I am happy to hear that you love your ATS also! Continue to enjoy driving your awesome Cadillac I am able to be contacted via private message if you ever have any concerns or issues you would like to discuss.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.