KPE ATS tune - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, KPE ATS tune in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy That;'s good news. Just to clarify: was he including the ATS in that group? A ...
    CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: KPE ATS tune

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    That;'s good news.

Just to clarify: was he including the ATS in that group? A tune they make for the same engine in another car would not necessarily be offered for the ATS.
    Different kits and stuff for the ATS and Sonic, Cruze ect..
    He was at Sema a couple years ago when GM had the 500hp LNF in the Rat rod on display according to him Gm already has most of the stuff from other projects and racing.
    Plus he mentioned something about the possibility of the LTG being in the 6th gen Camaro which would draw more interest in such upgrades or something like that.

roadpie4u is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    With all due respect, that doesn't make sense.
    It does and doesn't - you're not wrong. I specifically didn't say these were developed as GMPP parts - but that alternate parts existed - meaning they were designed during development and were sitting in a bin somewhere. I felt the same way as you though this time last year, so I'll share my thoughts on the subject:
    I will concede the existence of a 'performance calibration' only in the respect that it keeps the LTG below the LFX.
    What I've heard: As far as GM Powertrain, a separate entity within GM, is concerned, the LFX is NOT a "performance" engine, and the LTG is. According to their logic, an engine with integrated exhaust manifolds has a functional ceiling on both exhaust flow and heat and it cannot be maintained (replace manifold), changed, or upgraded in the future. Integrating the exhaust manifolds serves largely as a cost cutting measure - and you DON'T modify castings for a cylinder head unless you have to. Cast iron manifolds? Those are cheap!

We can safely say: During development, hundreds of calibrations are tested in the labs before the final one gets decided upon. GM certainly has a tune out there that throws the engine "up to 11" so they know how much headroom they really have in the real world while maintaining reliability targets. This is critical for the future when the same engine has to go toe-to-toe with the next turbo mustang...
    How much of a power bump will keep the LTG below the LFX, and how much will it cost? Enough I would say to not bother with a GM tune at all and simply go aftermarket.
    My speculation: The LFX is a dead horse for the exhaust manifold issue and this is kinda proven by the fact that it's out of the Malibu. In today's cost-conscious engineering budgets, keeping fewer engines in the stable saves a LOT on overhead and development - the GenV V8 cost GM a cool Billion, and they're not about to waste that cash on keeping more engines around. Further, the LFX does not provide advantages in cost, size, weight, emissions, fuel economy (CAFE), or reliability over the LTG (depending on the turbo life expectancy, which was the "Achilles Heel" of the LNF!). All the LFX really has going for it is a higher power output and a "smoother" response in midrange. If the LTG was capable of tunes to 270 and 320hp and the LFX was 320hp... why have both aside from NVH - which won't even matter as much once we get 7/8 speed transmissions, food for thought.
    OEM after sale accessories are always tangible products, with the exception or possibly Ford Racing (which are not carried under the new vehicle warranty FYI)
    My speculation: Bringing up Ford is the one crux to this situation - if these parts do get developed and sold as GMPP parts - are they only for the Camaro or both the Camaro AND ATS? Good question. If the parts are there and they are priced appropriately to recover any additional warranty cost (if sold while maintaining the warranty) or priced for just profit (if it doesn't maintain the warranty) there's no reason not to offer it - even though the GMPP tune is available, of ALL of the Sky/Solstice owners I've ever run across, upwards of 30 now, none have even heard about the tune - and the few younger folks I've told that it didn't void the warranty went "eyes wide" and wanted to know why they hadn't heard about it before. One even said he'd been considering trading the car in for something with more spunk and that might well change his mind. Who knows?
    An intercooler is an entertaining thought but there's no scenario I can see that happening outside of their racing efforts. The intercooler in this car simply isn't *that* bad. it's huge for an OE intercooler infact.
    What I've heard: During development before the cooling module and body had been fully designed, they toyed around with a few different designs and tested a few prototypes. During testing at the desert proving grounds under high load (full car, hot day, mountain passes) the car wouldn't just heat soak the intercooler, but the radiator as well - in the end I think the calibrators worked some of that out and final tweaks to the cooling package - but with how many designs engineering comes up with, that isn't shocking - and as they may have been/be developing for the Camaro at the same time, it makes a grain of sense.
    If the planets align and the skys open, in the future I could see;
    Performance Exhaust for the LTG & LFX
    possibly some V sport products might be made available for lesser models.
    My speculation:The exhaust similarities between the LTG and LFX show that as possible, but we'll see. GM will very likely share a LOT of ATS parts with the Camaro and a lot of ATS-V parts with the Camaro SS.

Regarding the exhaust though, other people here on the forums have claimed that GM is developing one, but we have nothing to show for it. Again, this goes back to Camaro - depending on how much alpha changes for the Camaro, things like exhaust and the cooling package might be fully interchangeable...
    Cadillac will. not. cannibalize LFX sales for the sake of a $5-700 tune for the LTG that already on paper bests everyone else's 4 cylinder turbo's in this segment.
    My speculation:You're right, that's for sure, but in 3 years if there is a 320hp LTG in the Camaro it'll be a different story and GM may offer the spec bump to ATS owners. If they make the LTG capable of it and offer it in the Camaro and can sell it for hard cash, why not?

But as you mention, keeping the ATS more "refined" where a high output tune for the "hot" Camaro tuner car may be the reality. Also, while it could cannibalize sales, I don't think many people even consider such things knowing how few people ever even knew about the LNF tune. The only crowd that'd really find out about it are the SEMA/Tuner crowd - and those folks don't talk to Cadillac's more typical buyers.

If GM puts a 270hp LTG into production and a 320hp LTG into production, sell the 270hp in the ATS and make the 320hp the ATS V-Sport. Price it the same as the V6 or similar but with RWD only or something silly. If the engineering is done, sell it and make profit. Then offer the tune for $1000 to the guys like us that bought 2013/2014 ATS cars and are jealous - that won't cannibalize sales as we already have the car.

As LFX capacity drops (due to the fact that it is being replaced by the LTG in many applications as the "top engine") the cost of the engine will go up and the LTG will come down - as that happens we may hit a "break even" point where GM seriously considers dropping the V6 - it's a stretch, I'll admit, but at some point the bean counters must already have considered it.
    Turbocharging no longer instantly means hot sports car(although the ATS is indeed more sports car than sports sedan), we live in an age of 'workhorse' turbocharged production engines. They're smooth, they're made for fuel economy reasons and that's about it. The best example of this comes from the Malibu, where the LTG is the most potent engine you can spec in that car. It needed to replace a V6, so it's still spunky, but don't confuse it or it's purpose for something taken from a snarling hot-hatch. It's not.
    My speculation:Very true, which is proven by how tiny the turbo on the LTG currently is. Still, GM had to have designed the engine for more power to keep it viable for the better part of a decade with occasional bumps - and this generation is going to have to hold out till the HCCI engines come along to replace it - so they probably left a good bit of headroom.
    Although Cadillac is a big part of GM's portfolio and profit margins, they're going to be selling many, many more Malibu's than ATS's.
    We can safely say: And they'll sell many many more Camaro's than ATS's as well - and the Camaro having to fight a 310hp turbo4 Mustang is really the only reason we'd see these parts. While you are right that the LNF was the top engine in all of those trims, there was no actual need to give the HHR/Solstice/Sky more power - it was just a "nice thing to have" as well, as its main competition didn't have more than 260hp anyway - the tune was given because it was a stablemate to the Cobalt and they had the same engine. Sorta in the same way the ATS will be a Stablemate of Camaro.

Again, engineers design hundreds and thousands of parts and cars that never see the light of day and end up getting shelved for multiple reasons and I've been there and done it. Some come back years later for some purpose or another. If the Camaro gets these upgrades, it is possible GM would just make them compatible with its stablemate.
    M5eater and DJinAC like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Oh wow, a very well thought out response to multiple topics, I'm genuinely surprised! A tip of my hat to you good sir!

It does and doesn't - you're not wrong. I specifically didn't say these were developed as GMPP parts - but that alternate parts existed - meaning they were designed during development and were sitting in a bin somewhere. I felt the same way as you though this time last year, so I'll share my thoughts on the subject:
    Anything Is possible I suppose, I feel it prudent to mention CTS-V owners were teased with accessory items that never manifested, or finally released a year before the model's end. IE: Black chome grille, Red brake calipers, 2 piece rotors, rear diff cooler, GMPP exhaust. There's not even teasing here, or mention of future products. Cadillac at least flaunted the mentioned items on their tent-parade car(the supersonic blue V).

What I've heard: As far as GM Powertrain, a separate entity within GM, is concerned, the LFX is NOT a "performance" engine, and the LTG is. According to their logic, an engine with integrated exhaust manifolds has a functional ceiling on both exhaust flow and heat and it cannot be maintained (replace manifold), changed, or upgraded in the future. Integrating the exhaust manifolds serves largely as a cost cutting measure - and you DON'T modify castings for a cylinder head unless you have to. Cast iron manifolds? Those are cheap!

We can safely say: During development, hundreds of calibrations are tested in the labs before the final one gets decided upon. GM certainly has a tune out there that throws the engine "up to 11" so they know how much headroom they really have in the real world while maintaining reliability targets. This is critical for the future when the same engine has to go toe-to-toe with the next turbo mustang...
    I believe it's premature to call the LFX a dead horse just yet. It will continue to be used in the Alpha platform CTS as a step up from the LTG, was used as the foundation for the LF3, and while it may not continue on in the Camaro, they've made it clear it's here to stay for a few more years at least in the caprice PPV and various crossover/suv's spanning Chevrolet and Cadillac
    My speculation: Bringing up Ford is the one crux to this situation - if these parts do get developed and sold as GMPP parts - are they only for the Camaro or both the Camaro AND ATS? Good question. If the parts are there and they are priced appropriately to recover any additional warranty cost (if sold while maintaining the warranty) or priced for just profit (if it doesn't maintain the warranty) there's no reason not to offer it - even though the GMPP tune is available, of ALL of the Sky/Solstice owners I've ever run across, upwards of 30 now, none have even heard about the tune - and the few younger folks I've told that it didn't void the warranty went "eyes wide" and wanted to know why they hadn't heard about it before. One even said he'd been considering trading the car in for something with more spunk and that might well change his mind. Who knows?
    I will agree with you here. If anything happens with the LTG ATS, it will be from rolling down off LTG Camaro's. The ATS in itself I feel does not generate enough interest to warrant much involvement with powertrain acessories. The Camaro *might* .

My speculation:The exhaust similarities between the LTG and LFX show that as possible, but we'll see. GM will very likely share a LOT of ATS parts with the Camaro and a lot of ATS-V parts with the Camaro SS.

Regarding the exhaust though, other people here on the forums have claimed that GM is developing one, but we have nothing to show for it. Again, this goes back to Camaro - depending on how much alpha changes for the Camaro, things like exhaust and the cooling package might be fully interchangeable...
    In any event, I wouldn't get too excited, from an emissions standpoint, the only interchangeable part(that's doable) is the axle back muffler. IE, what they're already offering to the 2.5L.

My speculation:You're right, that's for sure, but in 3 years if there is a 320hp LTG in the Camaro it'll be a different story and GM may offer the spec bump to ATS owners. If they make the LTG capable of it and offer it in the Camaro and can sell it for hard cash, why not?

But as you mention, keeping the ATS more "refined" where a high output tune for the "hot" Camaro tuner car may be the reality. Also, while it could cannibalize sales, I don't think many people even consider such things knowing how few people ever even knew about the LNF tune. The only crowd that'd really find out about it are the SEMA/Tuner crowd - and those folks don't talk to Cadillac's more typical buyers.

If GM puts a 270hp LTG into production and a 320hp LTG into production, sell the 270hp in the ATS and make the 320hp the ATS V-Sport. Price it the same as the V6 or similar but with RWD only or something silly. If the engineering is done, sell it and make profit. Then offer the tune for $1000 to the guys like us that bought 2013/2014 ATS cars and are jealous - that won't cannibalize sales as we already have the car.

As LFX capacity drops (due to the fact that it is being replaced by the LTG in many applications as the "top engine") the cost of the engine will go up and the LTG will come down - as that happens we may hit a "break even" point where GM seriously considers dropping the V6 - it's a stretch, I'll admit, but at some point the bean counters must already have considered it.
    Interesting thought process. I won't discredit the possibility of a 300HP LTG, certainly there are other manufacturers pushing that boundary (read: CLA45AMG). What I would be concerned about is such a vast lineup change mid cycle. In the 2nd generation ATS maybe, but I can't recall from recent memory the deletion of a power train completely in favor for a smaller F/I engine of higher specific output than the same exact engine used in the mid-model lineup(that sort of returns us to the previous argument and reinforces it, why pay for the top trim model when the middle is the exact same engine, detuned?). I also can't remember when fuel economy was such a legitimate concern for people or when the general was so eager to make large mid-model year changes (read: malibu refresh) either however.

My speculation:Very true, which is proven by how tiny the turbo on the LTG currently is. Still, GM had to have designed the engine for more power to keep it viable for the better part of a decade with occasional bumps - and this generation is going to have to hold out till the HCCI engines come along to replace it - so they probably left a good bit of headroom.
    So you think HCCI will be next huh? I think SI may hold out in favor for something like pneumatic valve operation. It offers a much larger array of benefits with fewer downsides. IE, they don't need to figure out how to make an engine run all over again. Just add the valve actuators and boom, 30% increase. I might be guilty of some Koenigsegg influence here, but the possibilities of eliminating all the crap associated with driving camshafts is hard to deny.

Again, engineers design hundreds and thousands of parts and cars that never see the light of day and end up getting shelved for multiple reasons and I've been there and done it. Some come back years later for some purpose or another. If the Camaro gets these upgrades, it is possible GM would just make them compatible with its stablemate.
    On that I will agree, Camaro will be the entrance way to ATS aftermarket. The ATS on it's own is not a viable enough platform to introduce serious modifications. The success of Audi and VW should be one to follow in this regard.

GFCAT is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): None

You can get tunes from KPE, B&R and others via the internet, although you will need some hardware to install any which obviously will have to be shipped.

The only tuner that I know who has posted times is in the northeast. Those time may have been on alcohol rather than gas. If they are, they won't tell you what you would get on gas. I always forget their name but you can search for tune in the ATS forums. If ATS tunes are like tunes I've seen for other model cars that I've seen dynos and time slips for, there is probably little difference between power increases and acceleration. The only tuner I have seen legitimate dyno graphs for is KPE.

KPE did NOT do a custom tune for me. It was their standard tune for an RWD manual transmission ATS 2.0T. I insisted on a dyno for two reasons. One is because no tuners had posted any meaningful dyno graphs yet. I basically didn't know if ATS tuners didn't think customer cared (which seems a bit insulting) or if they were worried the real gains would not help sales. The other is I wanted to make sure the tune was safe regarding A/F ratios, etc.. If someone else had already done that and posted, I would have just installed the tune and been done with it.

Yes all tunes will shorten the life of the engine. Just like driving fast without a tune will shorten the life of the engine or driving in Arizona or Maine instead of San Diego will shorten the life of an engine or tracking the car with or without a tune will shorten the life of an engine, or a lot of stop and start driving will shorten the life of an engine.

Yes, all tunes will have an effect on the standard warranty. Legally, if a modification causes a failure, the repair is not covered by warranty. Legally, they would have to prove the modification caused the failure but its not a standard of beyond reasonable doubt and you would loose if your car had a failure that was caused or likely caused by some parameter a tune does or can change. You would also probably lose for a gray area unless you paid a lawyer more than the repair costs. Not specifically what you asked but ANY modification, runs a risk of having to fight for warranty repairs. I've seen cosmetic mods used as an excuse to deny a mechanical warranty repair. The car owner won but it was no pic nic for them.

FWIW, in the S197 Mustang 5.0 world, some tuners misunderstood some things and initially sold tunes that did result in ring land failures in cylinder #8. Ford got fed up and issued a TSB instructing dealers to routinely test customers' cars for signs of a tune or past tune and flagging the VIN as no longer having an engine warranty. One major tune company responded with their own warranty against cylinder 8 failures. To my knowledge nobody has submitted a claim.

So the short answer is a tune will not affect the warranty on the rest of the car, but if the drive train blows up and GM is willing to say it was caused by added stress from or other problem with the tune, they won't have to repair the damage.

And although you didn't ask, GM CAN tell if any tune was in use or had been in use, even if you flash back to the factory tune. It may not be something a GM dealer can determine because they don't have the hardware/software but the manufacturer can tell.

It's possible that dealers will someday sell tunes that do not invalidate the factory or provide their own warranty. They did that for some past GM turbo cars. Anyone not wanting to risk a 3rd party tune could wait and see. If I had to guess, I don't see Cadillac doing it for the 2.0T because (a) a tune is not on the shopping list of most ATS customers, and (2) it would steal sales from 3.6s and piss off previous 3.6 buyers. I hope I'm wrong.
    Stick with this because the person you are arguing with here has hacked up a lot of FI rides and has nothing but an ax to grind with KPE et.al. He's frustrated right now because he's been banned from C5 for bashing other competitors and calling other forum members names, copying a competitor's SC kit and sellinga cheap Chinese knockoff version claiming its all US made. He has also had his head kicked in on ModernCamaro by his former customers who's cars he's damaged with his homemade FI kits. Am on a plane right now but will be happy to post links to all of his hack work, his failed CC's etc. later.

He is no friend to any of us. He's looking to make a quick buck. That is all.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by GFCAT View Post
    Stick with this because the person you are arguing with here has hacked up a lot of FI rides and has nothing but an ax to grind with KPE et.al. He's frustrated right now because he's been banned from C5 for bashing other competitors and calling other forum members names, copying a competitor's SC kit and sellinga cheap Chinese knockoff version claiming its all US made. He has also had his head kicked in on ModernCamaro by his former customers who's cars he's damaged with his homemade FI kits. Am on a plane right now but will be happy to post links to all of his hack work, his failed CC's etc. later.

He is no friend to any of us. He's looking to make a quick buck. That is all.
    Thanks. I hope everyone knows that or can figure it out just from his posts. I saw people were posting warnings about him in another forum here (CTS, I think). They posted several links to posts by his unsatisfied customers. Here's an example: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309302

Pretty amzing. Good thing they posted pictures because I was really scratching my head when I read that he put their pistons in upside down. LoL

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

More important than anything else..does a tune fix this damn CUE??

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

what about muffin's vibration?
    GJB likes this.

GFCAT is offline Banned

Does Trifecta even do business with RX anymore? It's my understanding that Trifecta has severed ties with RX due to the inconsistency of RX's products.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

The only tuner I have seen legitimate dyno graphs for is KPE... One is because no tuners had posted any meaningful dyno graphs yet.
    How is this dyno graph any more "legitimate" than anyone else's dyno graph?

I disagree with you on the "legitimate" part, of this dyno graph, because:

1. What is the Air/Fuel Ratio? Are you leaning the vehicle out to achieve this number?

2. What is the engine timing like during the runs?

3. with your KPE tune, WHY did you end up LOSING POWER at ~6300 RPM vs stock with the KPE tune?

There is no more relevant information that either shows up how UNSAFE this tune would be than that of the work of Brian@VTuner for example.

The other is I wanted to make sure the tune was safe regarding A/F ratios, etc..
    So where is this information on the Air/Fuel Ratio? Are you leaning the vehicle out to achieve this number?

What is the engine timing like during the runs?

With your KPE tune, WHY did you end up LOSING POWER at ~6300 RPM vs stock with the KPE tune?

Stick with this because the person you are arguing with here
    Do my questions lack validity because I am not KPE? My questions are what anyone who may be considering any sort of mods should be asking.

Thanks. I hope everyone knows that or can figure it out just from his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    So I think the best we can extrapolate for other conditions

Instead of answering my questions, IPF is instead going to try and discredit me? Even if IPF is not a forum sponsor?

Such lack of backbone in your own offering that you're going to sly away from giving us an actual explanation or any answers.

I hope everyone will see through your thinly veiled "review" and debate the product based on what merit it has, or in this case what merits it lacks, and based not on your "extrapolations".

Such as why is the KPE tune on "Hoosier Daddy"s car LOSING POWER at ~6300 RPM vs stock?

How this graph should be explained is THIS:

Because the tune on your car is SLOWER than stock.

even do business with RX anymore?

We have our own tuning solution from working with DIMSPORT of Italy. We have used many different tuning solutions for different applications over the years and have tested many contenders on the market. We do not sell just a tune for anything. Every RX product out there is compatible with different tune offerings and is usually supported by tuners left and right. DIMSPORT is an innovator in the tuning world and is the go to solution for anything direct injection GM related. What we sell is RX hardware backed by RX tuning, and right now DIMSPORT is second to none and is what RX supports and uses throughout the RX product range.

RX is the first to come to market with a GM V6 direct injection supercharger kit for the Camaro. If anything, IPF has copied RX's designs and concepts that RX has pioneered for the current gen V6 Camaros.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Slower than stock

He is no friend to any of us.

And did you just join the forum yesterday to come and try and add your 2 cents in support of the garbage that is EDS/IPF/EVOMS/Evolution?

The "company in Germany" that Hoosier Daddy the OP mentions in the first post, EDS, aka, Arno Schindler, is a joke that does not know how to tune and is consistently blowing up motors across the world. Evolution Motorsport (or IPF), is no better with a tune that they put out for the current gen CTS that picked up a grand total of 1.22 HP at the wheels:

http://www.autoimg.cn/album/2013/7/2...aa9d7f0149.jpg

Evolution Motorsport or EVOMS is just a rip off in the porsche world that overcharges for the simplest of bolt ons and their "reputation" is founded on claiming "expertise":

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...read-long.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...uple-pics.html

Their original customers are leaving them behind in the porsche world for far better companies that not only cost less (no "German Tax"), but also perform better and is outright reliable, without EVOMS' issues of intake piping spontaneously leaking due to poor quality materials, tuning issues, and turbo oil ingestion issues leading to engine failure.

EVOMS is also known for not fixing their own issues and blaming their problems on the customer, as shown by the two threads linked above.

Evolution and KPE are partners with a company in Germany who is one
    no friend to any of us.

Evolution, or "EVOMS" is truly not a friend to anyone. They are a scam that can't put out a dyno graph that shows the same gains as any other vender because they do not know how to tune, any other tuner such as Brian@VTuner will be able to show gains of 40+ WHP on the turbo ATS, not a measly 22 HP and then lose power vs the stock tune way before the redline. For the same money that they overcharge for their wares, one can easily find far more reputable shops and Americans that will stress the importance of MADE IN THE USA. And hire their labor from the USA. Not this guy to tune your car:

http://club1.autoimg.cn/album/userph...1_9afdc331.jpg

This picture shows Arno Schindler, aka "EDS", who is the guy that has blown up a bunch of cars and the "tooner" that is the "company in Germany" that Hoosier Daddy references.

KPE (who is forum sponsor), should consider distancing away from Evolution, EVOMS, IPF, or EDS (whom are not forum sponsors) or whatever other acronym that the frauds at EVOMS is currently going by. If EVOMS or evolution or IPF or EDS wants to advertise their wares here in CF, they should be signing on as sponsors, instead of not paying the forum for advertising space. Why do you need all those companies anyways? Or are you running away from your problems in the porsche world and don't want anyone to find out about them?
    Attached Images

GFCAT is offline Banned

We have our own tuning solution from working with DIMSPORT of Italy. We have used many different tuning solutions for different applications over the years and have tested many contenders on the market. We do not sell just a tune for anything. Every RX product out there is compatible with different tune offerings and is usually supported by tuners left and right. DIMSPORT is an innovator in the tuning world and is the go to solution for anything direct injection GM related. What we sell is RX hardware backed by RX tuning, and right now DIMSPORT is second to none and is what RX supports and uses throughout the RX product range.

RX is the first to come to market with a GM V6 direct injection supercharger kit for the Camaro. If anything, IPF has copied RX's designs and concepts that RX has pioneered for the current gen V6 Camaros.[/QUOTE]

Just stop.
    1. You have no tuning solutions right now. Trifecta severed ties with you because your FI kits are impossible to tune. i.e. they're too undeveloped. For the LLT there have been exactly 3 tuning efforts. HP tuners came out with a handheld for NA tunes with mixed results. Trifecta has sold a lot of NA tunes to LLT Camaro owners and gave up on your failed centrifugal SC kits, your failed TT kits, your goofy cam experimentation where you blew the customers motor bcause you were too cheap to change the oil and had his car for what? 8 months? Your recent top mount roots SC is currently without a tune. The owner is pretty frustrated. IPF is currently the only tuner out there that successfully can tune an FI LLT motor. As I understand it, they have made it quite clear that they will not touch ANY RX FI kits. None, zilch, nada. So no you have no tuning solutions on the left or right or anywhere in between.

2. Does DIMSPORT even know who RX is? Anyone who speaks fluent Italian feel free to call up DIMSPORT and ask them where they are at with their tuning solutions for the LLT let alone an LLT with FI. Also ask them about their close working relationship with Tracy Lewis at RX Performance Products. Complete and total fabrication.

3. RX is not the first to come to market. IPF had their working prototype with videos several months before you hacked up Smoke1's poor Camaro. We all know how that build did last year at Camarofest. It was a DNF. Just about every Camaro owner that has purchased your SC kit has either sold their car or removed their kit and put their car back to stock or replaced it with an IPF kit.

4. Your original SC kit in no way resembles IPF's kit. Your kit uses a homemade looking mounting bracket with crude welds that incidentally have failed several times. It mounts up front in front of the motor and requires cutting the OEM radiator in half to make room for the head unit. It runs off a separate belt. Something you've bragged on and on about. If your belt breaks, you can still drive your car home. It doesn't much matter though when your mounting bracket fails and your head unit is just dangling there though does it?
    The IPF kit OTOH is very simple with easy to understand installation instructions. Their kit can be installed in 6-10 hrs depending on skill level. Yours takes weeks or months and leaves a costly footprint on an OEM car and features incomplete installations that are still a work in progress.

Cadillacforums should consider distancing themselves from RX/RX Performance Products/RXP/RevXTreme like C5 recently did. When one lives in a glass house.....

IPF = slower than stock, loss of power past 6300 RPM

call up DIMSPORT and ask them where they are at with their tuning solutions for the LLT
    We do not disclose specifics about our relationships or partners, of which DIMSPORT is and has been for some time. Have you ever heard of what a NDA and do you understand what that means? Do you even have remotely the ability to grasp or comprehend anything of substance? Please read up on things before posting.

RX is not the first to come to market. IPF had their working prototype with videos several months before
    Do you mean the one year wait on the IPF vaporware that never materialized until AFTER RX came to market with a V6 camaro supercharger kit first?

And you're wrong. IPF was late to the party. If credit is due for originality, STS was the first to come to market with FI for the Camaro V6. RX is the first to supercharge the Camaro V6.

Your original SC kit
    Just stop.

What we are discussing right now is the lack and loss of power output from Hoosier Daddy's KPE tune.

22 HP to be exact. And then slower than stock due to loss of power past 6200 RPM. Runs way too lean. Afraid to post AFR info.

And still the legitimate questions on anything specific have gone unanswered.

Buyer beware!

IPF is currently the only tuner out there that successfully can tune...LLT
    See above post. They're so successful that on the CTS they've gained a glorious total of 1.22 HP at the wheels. Its not even 2 whole HP.

And then a grand total of 22 WHP on the ATS 2.0T. Yeah, real "successful".

KPE is a forum sponsor and sells intakes. Doesn't hurt to have more competition on the forums.

IPF, EDS, and EVOMS are not forum sponsors. IPF, EDS, and EVOMS are just scams ripping people off with their overpriced junk.

The "company in Germany" that Hoosier Daddy the OP mentions in the first post, EDS, aka, Arno Schindler, is a joke that does not know how to tune and is consistently blowing up motors across the world. Evolution Motorsport (or IPF), is no better with a tune that they put out for the current gen CTS that picked up a grand total of 1.22 HP at the wheels:

http://www.autoimg.cn/album/2013/7/2...aa9d7f0149.jpg

Evolution Motorsport or EVOMS is just a rip off in the porsche world that overcharges for the simplest of bolt ons and their "reputation" is founded on claiming "expertise":

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...read-long.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...uple-pics.html

Their original customers are leaving them behind in the porsche world for far better companies that not only cost less (no "German Tax"), but also perform better and is outright reliable, without EVOMS' issues of intake piping spontaneously leaking due to poor quality materials, tuning issues, and turbo oil ingestion issues leading to engine failure.

EVOMS is also known for not fixing their own issues and blaming their problems on the customer, as shown by the two threads linked above.
    Attached Images

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Re: Slower than stock

Evolution, or "EVOMS" is truly not a friend to anyone. They are a scam that can't put out a dyno graph that shows the same gains as any other vender because they do not know how to tune, any other tuner such as Brian@VTuner will be able to show gains of 40+ WHP on the turbo ATS, not a measly 22 HP and then lose power vs the stock tune way before the redline. For the same money that they overcharge for their wares, one can easily find far more reputable shops and Americans that will stress the importance of MADE IN THE USA. And hire their labor from the USA. Not this guy to tune your car:
    Brian at VTuner got very similar results to KPE with his tune, the 40+whp you're refering to was with water/meth injection.

We have a 7k redline, who cares if it's losing power when we should already be shifting?

Hoosier Daddy has proven himself to be very knowledgable and trustworthy. I, for one, don't appreciate you coming on here and attempting to undermine that. I'd of been willing to overlook your company's cheesy name and horrible reviews because I generally find (as Hoosier Daddy stated at the beginning) that people have unrealistic expectations for tunes. I'm not, however, willing to ever do business with a company that is clearly led by an immature and unprofessional individual. I feel very strongly that if you genuinely had a product worth anything, it would speak for itself in terms of performance, you would be busy trying to take care of customers who are upset or disappointed, and you would be busy doing R&D to compete with EVO/IPF and others. Thats how companies that work with cars of this caliber operate.

AirBusPilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

91 octane is all you get in Phoenix.

Combine that with a stock turbo that is clearly done at high rpm, and you might see not power gains at high rpm. There's just nothing left for the stock turbo to give up there, no matter the tune. It would be interesting to see the graph go all the way to redline, but, given all of that, you probably won't see much.

I doubt anyone is going to come up with a tune that intentionally leans out the a/f to a point it loses power in those last few hundred rpm before redline and not do something about it.

Truth is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): LLT
    Tracy you talk about how they have multiple different business names and how that must mean they're running from something but how many times have you changed the name of your shop? How many times has it moved? How many times have you moved? Also speaking of running, why did you leave moderncamaro with so many unanswered questions about the cars you hacked up and the customers you conned. Everyone is waiting on you to explain and to apologize. Everything comes full circle Tracy. Expect us.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.