KPE ATS tune - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, KPE ATS tune in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by mikesul The tuner in the NE is VTuner. He has run a 0-60 in 5.1 and a ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: KPE ATS tune

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    The tuner in the NE is VTuner. He has run a 0-60 in 5.1 and a 13.1 quarter mile.
    Thanks.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

It's possible that dealers will someday sell tunes that do not invalidate the factory or provide their own warranty. They did that for some past GM turbo cars. Anyone not wanting to risk a 3rd party tune could wait and see. If I had to guess, I don't see Cadillac doing it for the 2.0T because (a) a tune is not on the shopping list of most ATS customers, and (2) it would steal sales from 3.6s and piss off previous 3.6 buyers. I hope I'm wrong.
    I believe it is safe to say that we will not see that for the LTG in the ATS.

It would invalidate the purpose of the 3.6L, and the past GM turbo factory tunes were for top-trim level cars or had much younger audiences that might actually purchase said tune's.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I don't see Cadillac doing it for the 2.0T because (a) a tune is not on the shopping list of most ATS customers, and (2) it would steal sales from 3.6s and piss off previous 3.6 buyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I believe it is safe to say that we will not see that for the LTG in the ATS.

It would invalidate the purpose of the 3.6L, and the past GM turbo factory tunes were for top-trim level cars or had much younger audiences that might actually purchase said tune's.
    That makes it official. While M5eater and I are sometimes wrong, we have never both been wrong at the same time.
    M5eater likes this.

That makes it official. While M5eater and I are sometimes wrong, we have never both been wrong at the same time.
    LOL, how can I not agree?

I believe GM may continue to shove a few more accessories at the ATS as time goes on, clearly they understand it's audience still likes to spend money after the fact with all the launch accessories they made available.

I know I have my eye on the black chrome trim and suede items myself.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Short shifter kit would be appreciated.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Talking Your warranty is now void.

Quote Originally Posted by HighElevation View Post
    Hi!

I am in albuquerque and if you are in arizona, the drive is only 6 hours. Albuquerque doesn't have much for good tuning shops, but I would really like to keep my GM warranty.

How much does this tune gain me in 0-60 and the 1/4 mile times?

Would this tune shorten the life of my engine?
    Please exercise CAUTION when dealing with getting a tune that has NOT been tested thoroughly yet. Especially this one.

Also any tune will void your warranty if detected by the dealer and they will find it if they are looking, for example when you take the car in for service or for those free oil changes with the car.

And if these guys lean the tune out for power the "life of your engine" will be exponentially shorter. (Prove us wrong with the A/F info plz.)

Please be AWARE.

The only tuner I have seen legitimate dyno graphs for is KPE... One is because no tuners had posted any meaningful dyno graphs yet.
    How is this dyno graph any more "legitimate" than anyone else's dyno graph?

I disagree with you on the "legitimate" part, of this dyno graph, because:

1. What is the Air/Fuel Ratio? Are you leaning the vehicle out to achieve this number?

2. What is the engine timing like during the runs?

3. with your KPE tune, WHY did you end up LOSING POWER at ~6300 RPM vs stock with the KPE tune?

There is no more relevant information that either shows up how UNSAFE this tune would be than that of the work of Brian@VTuner for example.

Yes all tunes will shorten the life of the engine. Just like driving fast without a tune will shorten the life of the engine or driving in Arizona or Maine instead of San Diego will shorten the life of an engine or tracking the car with or without a tune will shorten the life of an engine, or a lot of stop and start driving will shorten the life of an engine.
    I agree. But driving from point A to point B would not "shorten" the lifespan of the motor, but rather "use" the available lifespan of the motor, which is within the design parameters of the motor.

If you lean the motor out, for example without showing what the Air/Fuel ratio would be on this dyno graph, and therefore we can only assume the Air/Fuel ratio, and based on some of the previous work of the "tooner" used here, the claimed "expert", they tend to lean the engine out WAY TOO LEAN, which will GREATLY REDUCE THE LIFESPAN OF YOUR ENGINE.

Yes, all tunes will have an effect on the standard warranty. Legally, if a modification causes a failure, the repair is not covered by warranty. Legally, they would have to prove the modification caused the failure but its not a standard of beyond reasonable doubt and you would loose if your car had a failure that was caused or likely caused by some parameter a tune does or can change. You would also probably lose for a gray area unless you paid a lawyer more than the repair costs. Not specifically what you asked but ANY modification, runs a risk of having to fight for warranty repairs. I've seen cosmetic mods used as an excuse to deny a mechanical warranty repair. The car owner won but it was no pic nic for them.
    I agree completely with this one. Consider your warranty void.

The other is I wanted to make sure the tune was safe regarding A/F ratios, etc..
    So where is this information on the Air/Fuel Ratio? Are you leaning the vehicle out to achieve this number?

What is the engine timing like during the runs?

With your KPE tune, WHY did you end up LOSING POWER at ~6300 RPM vs stock with the KPE tune?

How this graph should be explained is THIS:

Short shifter kit would be appreciated.
    Definitely agree on this one, we need someone legitimate to release this ASAP.
    Attached Images
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

For the record. I will not be responding to posts from SC2150 despite them being filled with errors. I checked his sig and he is associated with a competitor to KPE. So I am convinced the errors are not solely from ignorance. And while I am not currently involved with F-body forums, I have owned several and still own 2 ('78 T/A WS6 and '97 Formula) and a friend tells me he has been banned from other forums for this kind of trash.

I have no interest in being this guy:

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

For the record. I will not be responding to posts from SC2150 despite them being filled with errors. I checked his sig and he is associated with a competitor to KPE. So I am convinced the errors are not solely from ignorance. And while I am not currently involved with F-body forums, I have owned several and still own 2 ('78 T/A WS6 and '97 Formula) and a friend tells me he has been banned from other forums for this kind of trash.

I have no interest in being this guy:

u have to be....u are the forum member this forum deserves...but not the one it really needs right now....
    M5eater and SLA like this.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

I have it on good word that there is not only a "performance calibration" developed, but an alternate high-capacity intercooler.

Whether those get released as production parts though is anyone's guess...

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    I have it on good word that there is not only a "performance calibration" developed, but an alternate high-capacity intercooler.

Who's arm can we twist to get that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u

With all due respect, that doesn't make sense.

I will concede the existence of a 'performance calibration' only in the respect that it keeps the LTG below the LFX.

How much of a power bump will keep the LTG below the LFX, and how much will it cost? Enough I would say to not bother with a GM tune at all and simply go aftermarket.

OEM after sale accessories are always tangible products, with the exception or possibly Ford Racing (which are not carried under the new vehicle warranty FYI)

Cadillac has nearly taken a xerox copy page from BMW in what it's so far offered for accessories available at launch (which is a lot btw) which are of course, items that you can see feel and touch or use.

An inter cooler is an entertaining thought but there's no scenario I can see that happening outside of their racing efforts. The inter cooler in this car simply isn't *that* bad. it's huge for an OE intercooler infact.

If the planets align and the skys open, in the future I could see;
    Performance Exhaust for the LTG & LFX
    possibly some V sport products might be made available for lesser models.

That's really about it, not even an intake given how finicky D/I engines are in regards to this particular 'modification'

Cadillac will. not. cannibalize LFX sales for the sake of a $5-700 tune for the LTG that already on paper bests everyone else's 4 cylinder turbo's in this segment.

Turbocharging no longer instantly means hot sports car(although the ATS is indeed more sports car than sports sedan), we live in an age of 'workhorse' turbocharged production engines. They're smooth, they're made for fuel economy reasons and that's about it. The best example of this comes from the Malibu, where the LTG is the most potent engine you can spec in that car. It needed to replace a V6, so it's still spunky, but don't confuse it or it's purpose for something taken from a snarling hot-hatch. It's not.

Although Cadillac is a big part of GM's portfolio and profit margins, they're going to be selling many, many more Malibu's than ATS's.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I disagree. GM needs to entice a younger generation into the Cadillac family. I believe GM needs to allow new buyers to personalize their ATS with upgrades to performance, handling, and appearance. The aftermarket is going to do it anyway, why should that money not go to GM. They can offer a "safe" tune as they did with the Solstice/Sky for buyers like me that want that edgier performance. Short shift kits, body packages, etc. would also allow that personalization and put money into the bank.

I disagree. GM needs to entice a younger generation into the Cadillac family. I believe GM needs to allow new buyers to personalize their ATS with upgrades to performance, handling, and appearance. The aftermarket is going to do it anyway, why should that money not go to GM. They can offer a "safe" tune as they did with the Solstice/Sky for buyers like me that want that edgier performance. Short shift kits, body packages, etc. would also allow that personalization and put money into the bank.
    see, the problem with your theory is that the 'aftermarket' isn't doing it(beyond one that threw a turbo on the car?), because there is no established aftermarket network, because despite appealing to a younger crowd, the majority of Cadillac customers are well past their 40s, and those that aern't are just now grasping this idea of a Cadillac they might want to go play boy-racer in.

They can offer a "safe" tune as they did with the Solstice/Sky for buyers like me that want that edgier performance
    I'll say it again. That car had the LNF as it's top trim engine, along with a plethora of other reasons that happened for the Solstace, most importantly, a tune would cannibalize sales of nothing. It had no internal competition.
    Go ahead and tell me that they'll make a $500 tune out-power their $2000 power train.

GM needs to entice a younger generation into the Cadillac family.
    they've done that in my opinion, (see- 2.5L exhaust, various 'blacked out' trim, suede shifter/wheel and 19" rim packages)

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post

My b.f. told me almost the same exact thing months ago GMPP has been working on stage kits for the turbo cars since last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    My b.f. told me almost the same exact thing months ago GMPP has been working on stage kits for the turbo cars since last summer.
    That;'s good news.

Just to clarify: was he including the ATS in that group? A tune they make for the same engine in another car would not necessarily be offered for the ATS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.