Service right low beam failure
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Service right low beam failure in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; On my way home from work I my I received this service warning on the DIC. Both low beams appear ...
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Service right low beam failure

On my way home from work I my I received this service warning on the DIC. Both low beams appear to be working fine? And of course this morning the alert did not appear and I never dismissed it.

1. Has anyone had this alert?
    2. Is the day time running light and the low beam the same bulb?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: Service right low beam failure

It's a false positive...Cadillac is aware and is working on a software fix....
    M5eater and GJB like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

edmunds reported on this exact issue with their car.
    GJB likes this.

GJB

Thanks! My Dealer Service Consultant said he had not had that one before, not a big confidence booster in my service department.

FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've had it pop up periodically as well.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

I had this appear just once in the 6 months I've owned the car; I'm aware of this 'bug'. Other than that, the car has been fantastic!

Red Sox Dynasty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Cadillac CTS DI (sold), 13 Cadillac ATS 3.6L
    I've had the same problem a couple of times but not in the last 2 months. First time was a false positive and the last time, the light actually was not turning with the wheels. The ol' shut down and restart clears the error.

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 42k miles

I've had the same problem. Just re-started the car...

chrismc2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance AWD Silver Coast Met.

I just picked mine up yesterday and this morning when I went out and started the car(still dark outside) this warning for "right low beam failure" appeared in the DIC. It appears as though there is still a light of some sort on but it is definitely not as bright as the left low beam. Perhaps this is the DRL?(Canadian vehicle) I will have to see if this warning is still there when I leave work today. Not a good sign though with only 50km on my first Cadillac!Sheesh.

GJB

I had it happen 2X a few days apart and then never again. a couple of weeks ago I went in to have some warranty work done and told them about it and an update was applied. No problems and nothing to worry about.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

We're sorry to hear that you may be having an issue with your lights on your new ATS, chrismc2001. Hoping that your update later today reads something like "Lights on at full blast and all is well." If you still have trouble, we would recommend you get in touch with your preferred dealership to get this checked out.

Sarah (Assisting Greg)
    Cadillac Customer Care

CRW7096 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance RWD

I had it happen 3 times over the last 4 months. Once I was picking a friend up to go to the airport and when I restarted my car leaving his house, he told me to pull over and he noticed my right beam was aiming way higher than my left. Just so happens that this friend is the same one who sold me the car and he told me to turn it off, open the door, close it, and start again. Everything was aimed fine. The two times that I have actually noticed the fault code in the DIC, I didn't see any misalignment - once was at night leaving work and the most recent was when I went to pick up my car from getting a wash at the dealership. I called one of the service advisors over and he said there's a software update that should address the issue so they kept my car for the afternoon and it should be fixed now. It comes on at completely random times from what I've been told, so I will just wait and see if it shows again.

bowtie_30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

I just had this error message come up on my DIC this morning on my way into work. I've only had the thing for a week but I will mention it when I get my first oil change and see if they can install the software update.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtie_30 View Post
    I just had this error message come up on my DIC this morning on my way into work. I've only had the thing for a week but I will mention it when I get my first oil change and see if they can install the software update.
    Hello bowtie_30,

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you part of the Cadillac family. Congrats on your recent purchase of your 2013 ATS! I am sorry for any vehicle issue you are experiencing already. If you would like to discuss any concern, or would like our assistance with the dealer, please let us know. We can be contacted via private message and are here to help.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by CRW7096 View Post
    I had it happen 3 times over the last 4 months. Once I was picking a friend up to go to the airport and when I restarted my car leaving his house, he told me to pull over and he noticed my right beam was aiming way higher than my left. Just so happens that this friend is the same one who sold me the car and he told me to turn it off, open the door, close it, and start again. Everything was aimed fine. The two times that I have actually noticed the fault code in the DIC, I didn't see any misalignment - once was at night leaving work and the most recent was when I went to pick up my car from getting a wash at the dealership. I called one of the service advisors over and he said there's a software update that should address the issue so they kept my car for the afternoon and it should be fixed now. It comes on at completely random times from what I've been told, so I will just wait and see if it shows again.
    I am sorry for the right low beam failure your ATS is experiencing, CRW7096. Let me know how the software update went and if the issue seems to be fixed. Don't hesitate to contact us via private message if any additional concerns or questions arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.