Upgrade options for 2013 ats standard with CUE/no navi, sunroof, manual tranny?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By donavo
  • 1 Post By M5eater
  • 1 Post By donavo
  • 1 Post By RippyPartsDept
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Upgrade options for 2013 ats standard with CUE/no navi, sunroof, manual tranny? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey, I desperately want to upgrade the following as my ATS does not have these options: Lighted door handles Fog ...
    CADILIKENYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Upgrade options for 2013 ats standard with CUE/no navi, sunroof, manual tranny?

Hey,

I desperately want to upgrade the following as my ATS does not have these options:
    Lighted door handles
    Fog lights
    Navigation (aftermarket app possibly) or stock install

I also would like to know if anyone knows of any performance upgrades that would not void my warranty such as a K&N intake, Cat back exhaust etc... any advise? or if i drop the car a bit. Im obsessed with the D3Cadillac look.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Upgrade options for 2013 ats standard with CUE/no navi, sunroof, manual tranny?

Quote Originally Posted by CADILIKENYC View Post
    Hey,

I desperately want to upgrade the following as my ATS does not have these options:
    Lighted door handles
    Fog lights
    Navigation (aftermarket app possibly) or stock install

I also would like to know if anyone knows of any performance upgrades that would not void my warranty such as a K&N intake, Cat back exhaust etc... any advise? or if i drop the car a bit. Im obsessed with the D3Cadillac look.

i can verify that catback exhaust wont void warranty.
    as far as the lights go, im planning to get a set of the headlights and fog lights but havent gotten around to it. from what other poeple have said on here, u cant just replace the lights and expect them to work right. so i plan to do a retrofit that i already have planned out. im sure it will work just fine but buying those lights new is gonna be like 2k.

----

im pretty sure navigation cant be done with an app since it needs an antenna and gyro which i dont think is included in the non navi cars. and i dont think you want to replace the nice looking screen and radio on ur ats with an aftermarket headunit.
    CADILIKENYC likes this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Upgrade options for 2013 ats standard with CUE/no navi, sunroof, manual tranny?

Unless you have aproximately 3-5K or more for all of this, I would consider dropping it.

If you want Nav, buy a Garmin, OEM integration will require at the very least, a new CUE headunit which I'm sure is north of 4 figures. Along with as mentioned, routing of the GPS antenna and assuming you want to route it into the shark fin, will require headliner removal.

The door handles and fog lamps may be more resonable, but from what I remember on the issue, the harness for the factory fogs are delted from the looms in the models without them.

I would presume to say that goes for the handles too.
    CADILIKENYC likes this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

yeah factory navigation will be completely not worth it. but ur not missing out that much. sometimes i dont even use it. pair ur smartphone to the car, run navigation from there and follow the voice commands coming out of ur speakers. i prefer doing that when im streaming music from my phone or even pandora. the traffic reporting/routing on my phone is better than the one from XM.
    CADILIKENYC likes this.

CADILIKENYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Thanks everyone for the good advise. I really dont care much about the navi either i was just curious if an app was made or could be made. i have onstar and they offer the navigation by voice and i have an iphone5. The door handle lights and fog lights are a must for me. I need to get more information on making that happen. as far as the cat back is concerned.not sure the 4 cylinder engine would sound right amplified.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the easiest way (and probably cheapest way also) to get these options that you want would be to get a vehicle that already has these options since they are not available except at factory build time
    rustybear3 likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

BricksATX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Base RWD Auto
    Having had a look at the CUE API, I would be surprised if third-party navigation didn't become available at some point. Lat/long, speed, and heading appear to be available to developers.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    See the fine print in the dev agreement. I haven't but I'd put $$ on that being verboten
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.