Cadillac ATS How To: H.I.D Conversion - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS How To: H.I.D Conversion in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; New to the forum but I'm an big DIY kinda guy. HID's will definitely be going in soon. I was ...
    trimtab81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.5 Luxury

Re: Cadillac ATS How To: H.I.D Conversion

New to the forum but I'm an big DIY kinda guy. HID's will definitely be going in soon. I was just wanting to see what the general consensus was for the best HID kit. I know a lot of people recommend the kit from TRS but I'm not too impressed with there service so far. The tech on chat recommended a MOPAR low beam kit for my car. It may be the right one, but seems a little sketchy. Thanks guys!

mechevar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Its buried in this thread, but I ended up using the iJDMTOY kit
    http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Slim-Digita...ersion_kit.htm

You will need the CAN-bus decoders as well.

JTS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS4 2.0T

For those interested, the torx bit to remove the wheel well is a T15 (definitely the best method). I'm using the Opt7 Canbus Premium AC kit, works 100% so far.

deedle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by JTS2.0 View Post
    For those interested, the torx bit to remove the wheel well is a T15 (definitely the best method). I'm using the Opt7 Canbus Premium AC kit, works 100% so far.
    Finally got around to installing mine last night. Also went with OPT7 kit, but the 35 AC (non canbus) kit. Everything working great so far!! I did install capacitors but no relay at this time. I do however need to adjust the bulb in the socket. Some earlier comments of the small bar on the bulb is causing an odd cutoff at the bottom of the light pattern.

JTS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS4 2.0T

I heard of that issue in another thread, they recommended to trim the tabs accordingly so that it will fit with that bar (the electrode) in the 4 to 5 o'clock position (looking straight on at the car). I didn't really reduce the height of the tabs, just trimmed the corners off a few of them, using my old 9006's as a template.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

i just installed my HIDs and my beam pattern is really screwed. i checked to see if the bulbs are properly inside. still screwed up beam pattern. any ideas anyone? ive seen that all of you have pretty perfect beam patterns so far.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    i just installed my HIDs and my beam pattern is really screwed. i checked to see if the bulbs are properly inside. still screwed up beam pattern. any ideas anyone? ive seen that all of you have pretty perfect beam patterns so far.
    hey bro how is it screwed?, what kit did you use?

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post

hey bro how is it screwed?, what kit did you use?
    Used the ddm kit. The beam patten is not even on both sides. There's a hot spot. Cutoff is still okay but there is a shadow on the side and a Hotspot on the front of the passenger side

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Can't really say anything about the hotspot the hotspot should be in the middle and the same for both sides as for the shadow what position was the electrode in when you installed the bulbs

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Just ordered the opti 7 kit . It looks like you can unscrew the aluminum piece and spin it up side down instead of trimming the tabs . Any thoughts would be nice .

ZPrime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Dad: 2014 ATS AWD / Me: 2008 VW R32

Is it possible to retrofit the HIDs from the higher trim cars (the ones that include the LED DRL strips)?

My dad was forced to buy a lower trim package than he wanted (long story, dealer didn't order the car quick enough and missed the cut-off for the 2014s). The dealer is telling him that they regularly retrofit HIDs to lower package cars, and are claiming it's a $600 process. At that price, I'm hoping they are retrofitting the entire assembly from the higher package, which would include the LED strips... does this sound likely, or are they just planning to charge him $600 for a $100-$200 drop-in HID kit like everyone is using here?

I always thought that using HIDs in projectors meant for halogens was bad juju because the beam pattern and cutoff would be wrong.

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
    Is it possible to retrofit the HIDs from the higher trim cars (the ones that include the LED DRL strips)?

My dad was forced to buy a lower trim package than he wanted (long story, dealer didn't order the car quick enough and missed the cut-off for the 2014s). The dealer is telling him that they regularly retrofit HIDs to lower package cars, and are claiming it's a $600 process. At that price, I'm hoping they are retrofitting the entire assembly from the higher package, which would include the LED strips... does this sound likely, or are they just planning to charge him $600 for a $100-$200 drop-in HID kit like everyone is using here?

I always thought that using HIDs in projectors meant for halogens was bad juju because the beam pattern and cutoff would be wrong.
    Have you checked into this any further? I'd be interested to see what they have to say. At $600 though I'd be more inclined to say that they are putting in an HID kit, not swapping for the HID/LED headlights, but not sure I guess.

evanj21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0t

Guys I need some help please, I have a 2014 CTS sedan 2.0t base, the base CTS does come with the LED strip, it just does NOT come with the HID head light like the premium model, I know this is an ATS forum but since there is already a thread about HID I'll just post it here...does anyone know the bulb type my car takes? I called like 5 dealers a few didn't know, others said its the D3S, then I went online and talked to some people and they said its the H11?? I have no idea, I just want to make sure before making the purchase, if anyone has experience please let me know, thanks a lot

andrewv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ats 2.0t awd standard trim
    I have a question for whoever used the ijdmtoy kit, is it working well? And also did you order the canbus adapters and the relay harness? Or did you just get the adapters? I'm in canada so I need the drl's to work

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.