First Lowering Springs Available?....questionable though
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, First Lowering Springs Available?....questionable though in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; http://www.fmsrperformance.com/test/...product_id=133 I found this site posted in another forum. That person requested more technical info.I did as well. No response ...
    hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

First Lowering Springs Available?....questionable though

http://www.fmsrperformance.com/test/...product_id=133

I found this site posted in another forum. That person requested more technical info.I did as well. No response as yet. Not sure who these guys are and the format they are selling them under is highly unusual to me at least.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tomuchwrk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L Performance 2wd 24k miles

Re: First Lowering Springs Available?....questionable though

Any update on this?

I've gotten zero info from them. No opinions or info from this forum. Nothing on the other form I found this on. And absolutely nothing anywhere online except their website.

DangerDonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance

I just sent them a message to try to reply to this forum. I'm sure that they would be willing to destroy the ATS market with the first widely available set of springs....

FMSRPerformance is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Hi Guys,

I got a few email from owners from here and a few other forums in the last few weeks.. so to give you guys an idea of who we are..

We are a boutique performance company based out of Eastern PA [Lehigh Valley[, we provide street & track ECOtec performance products to various GM-only platforms sold in NA & SA / Euro & SE Asia. We originally started producing girdle ECOtec street blocks, then started to produce other performance products for the ECOtec market. Our strength is the knowledge of ECOtec powertrain platform and what it is capable of providing on and off the track.

Our first foray into the suspension market was developing springs kits for various ECOtec based platforms notably the Cobalt / HHR / ION / SKY & Solstice. We test - what we sell!! every design we create is beaten to death. We partnered with a spring manufacture here in PA, who provides springs kits for top race teams [GM Racing / Grand Am / NASCAR / WTCC & World Challenge]. Our spring partner manufactures our springs to spec, each batch is material stress tested and spec'd for quality and control.

So now here we are - our precursor to ATS was developing springs for the Caddy BLS for the European community. Since then we found that many folks within the caddy/buick/opel/holden community started to ask us for other products from us.. We learned what the masses wanted, and found that the aftermarket for caddy/buick/opel/holden community wasn't fulfilling the need for quality performance products. So we developed our FMSR XtremeDrop™ Coil springs system, simple but effective.

Each spring rate and ride height is based on the two principles - ride quality vs traction performance.. We offer six different ride heights from 1" to 4" drop, each spring rate is based on height. The 1" spring is a soft ride [close to stock as possible] with a slightly better "control on the road" feel, it is the opposite for our 4" drop springs. These springs were developed for a total loss for ride quality but are very aggressive for the track.

The 1.5" - 2" springs rates in between can use for daily driven vehicles, these springs offer way better road feel and traction control than stock. The 2.5" - 3" springs are geared towards the street slayer or weekend track prepped vehicle or for guys who are looking for that aggressive "Stance" look.

If you like to know more info please visit our web site - fmsrperformance.com or drop us an email at customersupport@fmsrperformance.com

Thanks
    Rudy Ferraz
    CEO
    FMSR Performance

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

why does $99 turn into $295 when I add the springs to the shopping cart?

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

are these [FMSR] springs compatible with both MRC and non-MRC cars?

Rudy,

Thanks for the response and the info. It was what I was hoping to hear. You are going to get a ton of questions as you can see already. Some just because the ordering format of your site for these springs is a little unusual.

My initial question is can you mix spring drops, for example 1.5 in drop in rear and 2.00 drop in front? The site looks like you pick one drop and thats what you get front and rear. Seems a little generic considering springs are usually very specific in drop inches down to the .01 hundreth of an inch and usually vary front vs rear.

Thanks again.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Maybe they saw your picture on the web:

ontogenesis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post

lol....i must be made of money, and a whole lot of stupid, because i cant figure out their stupid buying process, you start at $99 then they mention 199 credit points, then the shopping cart says $299, now what moron would break out the credit card at this point, no matter how good these guys think they are. now these guys might be legit, but the about us fluff post means nothing without independant corroboration like some links to reviews or trusted sources that specifically talk about their product. otherwise it's "Hi I'm Mr. Wookie, I'm a really good dude, and I spend my day doing really good dude things" who cares, prove it, and fix that mess of a sales system.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

isnt 300 prty good for coilovers? idk i never looked into them. but reading that post it sounds prty awesome.

edit: nvm these arent coilovers.

enfox is offline Cadillac Owners Member

300 is not bad for lowering springs. The way they chose to display their product page may be confusing but once you choose the option you want its pretty clear what the final price is.

FMSRPerformance is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

First guys thanks for all the questions - this morning we got a little over 70 emails from this forum alone.. with a ton of questions and orders..

one thing I forgot to mention last night is - the spring sets we sell are made-to-order - we don't stock springs sets because we don't have the space to store them.. the typical turn-around from day one to UPS shipment is 2-3 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Thanks for the response and the info. It was what I was hoping to hear. You are going to get a ton of questions as you can see already. Some just because the ordering format of your site for these springs is a little unusual.
    we did this to have product pricing web crawlers, ie: Google shopping and others - to "price shop" on search engines to bring in more customers to our web site..

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL View Post
    are these [FMSR] springs compatible with both MRC and non-MRC cars?
    for cars w/o MRC the spring fits just like stock - no issues at all..

on initial testing in March using Caddies & Buicks w/MRC we found one issue, the inside diameter on the top of the spring was touching the upper side portion of the shock tower during low speed [under 15 mph] and high speed [over 40 mph] spring compression on turns or hitting any size pot holes.. we resolved it by increasing the inside diameter by 1/2" - it resolved the issue, we sell the updated sets..

So we're going to develop another solution in spring material, thickness & diameter.. problem is making a spring diameter too thin - changes the dynamics of the ride quality, traction & etc... so for now we're going back to the drawing board and redesign the spring to fit all 3 MRC shocks styles.. we sold 62 sets internationally after the testing was done, we notified all of the buyers and offered to buy back the springs when the new sets are ready for shipment - overall most were fine with the new spring design.

our vendor is going to send us 12 new sets by the end of Sept, to test all 12 sets of different spring diameters, once testing is done we'll release the results on the forums..

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Rudy,
    My initial question is can you mix spring drops, for example 1.5 in drop in rear and 2.00 drop in front? The site looks like you pick one drop and thats what you get front and rear. Seems a little generic considering springs are usually very specific in drop inches down to the .01 hundreth of an inch and usually vary front vs rear.

Thanks again.
    problem with mixing springs sets front & rear is the vehicle dynamics, especially for braking, ride quality, traction during all weather conditions.. we don't like to mix sets for the fact each vehicle model changes the braking dynamics.. each spring set we sell is vehicle model specific.. we understand some guys like to mix spring sets to get that "stance effect", but long run it's the owner's choice.. normally owners will send us an email for this request - we'll be happy to sell the set..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post

my kids actually love that commercial, they think the guy is related to the "Caveman" - haha..

----------

lol....i must be made of money, and a whole lot of stupid, because i cant figure out their stupid buying process, you start at $99 then they mention 199 credit points, then the shopping cart says $299, now what moron would break out the credit card at this point, no matter how good these guys think they are. now these guys might be legit, but the about us fluff post means nothing without independant corroboration like some links to reviews or trusted sources that specifically talk about their product. otherwise it's "Hi I'm Mr. Wookie, I'm a really good dude, and I spend my day doing really good dude things" who cares, prove it, and fix that mess of a sales system.
    i'll have the web guys change web pages to correct this issue, thanks for the input..

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I notice they also have a rear sway bar upgrade for the ATS. First I've seen anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FMSRPerformance View Post
    First guys thanks for all the questions - this morning we got a little over 70 emails from this forum alone.. with a ton of questions and orders..

one thing I forgot to mention last night is - the spring sets we sell are made-to-order - we don't stock springs sets because we don't have the space to store them.. the typical turn-around from day one to UPS shipment is 2-3 weeks..

we did this to have product pricing web crawlers, ie: Google shopping and others - to "price shop" on search engines to bring in more customers to our web site..

for cars w/o MRC the spring fits just like stock - no issues at all..

on initial testing in March using Caddies & Buicks w/MRC we found one issue, the inside diameter on the top of the spring was touching the upper side portion of the shock tower during low speed [under 15 mph] and high speed [over 40 mph] spring compression on turns or hitting any size pot holes.. we resolved it by increasing the inside diameter by 1/2" - it resolved the issue, we sell the updated sets..

So we're going to develop another solution in spring material, thickness & diameter.. problem is making a spring diameter too thin - changes the dynamics of the ride quality, traction & etc... so for now we're going back to the drawing board and redesign the spring to fit all 3 MRC shocks styles.. we sold 62 sets internationally after the testing was done, we notified all of the buyers and offered to buy back the springs when the new sets are ready for shipment - overall most were fine with the new spring design.

our vendor is going to send us 12 new sets by the end of Sept, to test all 12 sets of different spring diameters, once testing is done we'll release the results on the forums..

problem with mixing springs sets front & rear is the vehicle dynamics, especially for braking, ride quality, traction during all weather conditions.. we don't like to mix sets for the fact each vehicle model changes the braking dynamics.. each spring set we sell is vehicle model specific.. we understand some guys like to mix spring sets to get that "stance effect", but long run it's the owner's choice.. normally owners will send us an email for this request - we'll be happy to sell the set..

my kids actually love that commercial, they think the guy is related to the "Caveman" - haha..

----------

i'll have the web guys change web pages to correct this issue, thanks for the input..
    ok, now i'm feeling better about you guys, this was a great post, answers a lot of our questions keep up the good work here, i would still like to see/hear about your product in the wild but you're starting to build some good vibes here, it's good to see

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.