Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :( - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :( in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy For sure no car is right for everyone. I would not have bought an ATS ...
    bvardy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 MT

Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    For sure no car is right for everyone. I would not have bought an ATS if I was just looking for this size semi-luxury car.

Every car has its strong and weak points. You should buy the car who's strong points are what's most important to you.

The ATS' strong points are driving dynamics and styling (which is subjective). If you don't care about the dynamics or can't tell the night and day differences between the ATS and the G37, definitely buy the G37 or some other car.

Except driving dynamics get irrelevent when out of the 7 days i have owned the ATS I have drivin it 0. I have yet to drive a working manual. what good is a drivers car that doesnt run. and a service department thats incompetent. I love the concept of the ATS, I just wish the manufacture was not such a fail when it came to quality control and service.

The rental I have had this week is sure not a drivers car. Its a base buick verano auto with bluetooth disabled. It has bluetooth but I cannot connect it to a phone (when you select the menu item it claims unavaible.) I would rather drive my Cruze. at least it has XM and Bluetooth.

I feel like Cadillac is just like the rest of GM they care not for customers just profits and perceptions.

Cadillac care to chime in here with a defence?

No?

Right because you know it is sad but true!

Maybee a Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

----------

So I called Cadillac customer service again. The person I spoke to works only monday to friday and when I asked if there any updates in the system there were none. Clearly My CSR is bad at her job. The one I spoke to said it will be fixed under warrenty. and said there is nothing can do for you. I have never been so dissatisified with a company. I keep coping Cadillac will step up to the plate here but I geuss it is just not that type of a company.

Note to self.... never buy anything else from GM. You may just need their customer service someday!

Can you tell the attitude of the CSR has made me angry. Maybee testdriving a Japaneese sports sedan will calm me down.

Cadillac If you want to know how to loose a customer just read this thread!

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Let me get this straight.....you drove the car...extreme loss of power and the engine light comes on.....and you still BOUGHT the car??? It could have been a BMW, Mercedes, whatever....I WOULD NEVER buy a car that had problems from the get go; no matter what a sales person would have told me. I feel your pain, but good God man....what were you thinking?? That being said, file under the "Lemon law" (I don't know if Canada has one) and get either another car or your money back.....

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bvardy View Post
    My dealers claim is there is no more of them here with a manual and cue.
    I am actually looking up my local infinity dealer now. their g37 is about the same price and comes loaded and more power. maybee the ats was a bad idea from the get go.

oh well live and learn.

PS. Gregory I called the number you listed and they said they would look into it and never called me back. This is the perfect way to send another household to a competitor.

Stupid GM.
    GM is not gonna give you your money back. Best they'll do is replace the car with another Cadillac

bmbutler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree with RustyBear. You have to take some responsibility and not place it all on GM. Car had major problems on test drive and you still bought it?? Dealership rule 101 - never, ever, ever believe anything that comes out of a salesmen mouth!

"During my first drive I noticed that at any throttle above 5% the car had an extreme loss of power and the engine light came on. I returned to the dealer and informed my sales rep that there was something wrong with the car. He stated that it was still in delivery mode and therefore had the power disabled. He assured me that this would be rectified during PDI.

I continued with the purchase of the car and took delivery last night. My wife drove it home and complained that she prefered our cruze as it was smoother. I then drove it. There was some thing terribly wrong with it. It idled very rough and had no power at all and kept trying to stall. It felt to me as though it were only running on 2 maybee 3 cylinders."
    rustybear3 likes this.

Note:

I agree I am a moron for ever letting the sale complete. It was a typical this is the only manual left in the province and we got it for you. I was excited to finally see a manual after weeks of searching. And I know How dare I trust a dealer when they tell me that the car is supposed to not have power until after PDI.

My second mistake was to not drive the car again before the sale finalized ( I have been working some long days and again I trusted the dealer.).

I agree I got caught with my guard down.

Note to Everyone ****** The Consensus is you must have a lawyer and a mechanic present when Buying a Cadillac! ******

Update:

I did pick up my Cadillac last night. No more service engine light. And no more stumbling at acceleration. It does have the idle tremble at 1500 RPM. Dealer says this is normal and I understand that is almost the norm from reading this forum.

So far I have owned my first Cadillac for 10 days and had in my possession for 1. I have learned that.

1. Don't trust your dealer.
    2. Cadillac service is slower is slower than the second coming.
    3. Rental gm kinda suck (when compared to my cadillac)
    4. Cadillac customer service seems to have to purpose ( i still don't know what calling them was supposed to accomplish) They only took my info then were not available again until my problem was over.
    5. My car is awesome when not idling.

This saga seems over for now. I will watch the forums to see if GM ever sorts out their idling issues. ( possibly when I feel like living without the car again I will try another dealer.

Thanks to those who listened to my rants. Even those who decided they should post and state it is all my fault for trusting Cadillac.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I'm glad your car is running well except for the idle.

But you are wrong that the rough idle is the norm. Mine has always been smooth. Every one of the 6 I test drove idled smoothly. But that doesn't mean smooth is normal any more than a few owners complaining in a forum mean rough is normal. You can't jump to a conclusion that it's normal because you see some threads. Few people are going to join a forum to post that their car doesn't have problems. And obviously not everyone with a problem will post in a forum. But even if only 1 out of 100 owners of ATS with rough idles post on the forums that would still make a rough idle unusual. You are right that some idle roughly, but have no reason to think that is the norm. You should ask the salesman why he never mentioned before the sale that all/most ATSs idle roughly. I would be interested if he has an answer that does not boil down to either: he didn't know (i.e wasn't true) or that you should not trust a salesperson to have your back.

It is human nature for a dealer or manufacturer rep to want you to believe a problem is normal if they don't know how to fix it or want to avoid the cost of fixing it.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    This suggestion might be dumb but are you using premium? I only use premium or high octane and mine idles very smooth. 2.0t

I haven't bought any fuel for it yet but I will be buying premium. Ill keep you all posted of the result.

Thanks aagain.

i bet your dealer filled it up w/ 87 ....
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

You have a crappy dealer. They should have provided you a ATS loaner or at least another Cadillac. When ever my CTS has been in the shop for repair or service I am given a Cadillac of my choice. Last summer my front bumper had to be repainted and I asked for a Premium XTS and BOOM, I drove it for a week. Don't buy a Cadillac from a dealer that acts like a Chevy dealer.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

The probably have 89oct gas in the car. Run that tank completely out then put in Premium and see if the idle gets better.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i bet your dealer filled it up w/ 87 ....
    Nah I disagree that it was FILLED with 87. A dealer who would put 87 in an ATS would just put in enough to get it to the nearest gas station.

I'm just thinking along the lines that they let the customer drive it in delivery mode or lied about it. That alone doesn't help garner any confidence.

miguelius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver ATS Performance 2.0T manual

Sounds like Bvardy's saga that many of us have followed might have a happy ending after all. BTW, I have dealt with two dealers here in Colorado, the one I leased from in Boulder, and the one in downtown Denver who replaced a damaged tire and upgraded CUE. They have both made me feel pretty special to own a Cadillac. And my 2.0 turbo MT has performed and idles perfectly, so a rough idle is not normal. Bvardy, I am pleased that the fix worked for your new car. Maybe the rough spot at 1500 RPM will work itself out. Enjoy it, but note the break in procedure in the manual, which recommends no more than 4,000 RPM for the first 1,500 miles. Talk about resisting temptation! Wonder what the forum members think of that . . .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.