Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :( - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :( in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I had a similar problem.. GM bought back my ATS and let me lease a new one...
  1. #16
    stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    96

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    I had a similar problem.. GM bought back my ATS and let me lease a new one

  2. #17
    CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,872

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I have never heard of an engine being in "delivery mode". That's B-S!
    It is called transport mode it disables functions of the car to prevent a drain on the battery during delivery

  3. #18
    bvardy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 MT
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    So I recieved a text from the sales manager stating they found the problem and ordered a part. He did not say what part. He also claimed 4 days to recieve said part. I had a long day at work today. So I didnt call back. I am going to try to call Cadillac customer service tonight see what they say. I say in this age 4 days they should be able to build a new car in 4 days.

    I think I am going to test drive a BMW tomorow. I hear a 335 is nice!

    Thanks for listening guys. It has been very therapeutic.

    ----------

    So I called GM customer service. I spoke to Cathleen (in case any one from cadillac cares) Apparentally there is no differentiation between cadillac and gm here in canada. So only US Cadillac owners get preferential treetment. They took my information and said they will call me back after 2 tomorow. I let her know I will be at the BMW dealer. She seemed robotic. I am going to my local BMW dealer in the morning.

  4. #19
    stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    96

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by bvardy View Post
    So I called GM customer service. I spoke to Cathleen (in case any one from cadillac cares) Apparentally there is no differentiation between cadillac and gm here in canada. So only US Cadillac owners get preferential treetment.
    Its the same in the US. Cadillac and GM customer service are all the same.

  5. #20
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    140

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by bvardy View Post
    So I recieved a text from the sales manager stating they found the problem and ordered a part. He did not say what part. He also claimed 4 days to recieve said part. I had a long day at work today. So I didnt call back. I am going to try to call Cadillac customer service tonight see what they say. I say in this age 4 days they should be able to build a new car in 4 days.

    I think I am going to test drive a BMW tomorow. I hear a 335 is nice!

    Thanks for listening guys. It has been very therapeutic.

    ----------

    So I called GM customer service. I spoke to Cathleen (in case any one from cadillac cares) Apparentally there is no differentiation between cadillac and gm here in canada. So only US Cadillac owners get preferential treetment. They took my information and said they will call me back after 2 tomorow. I let her know I will be at the BMW dealer. She seemed robotic. I am going to my local BMW dealer in the morning.
    Seriously... I don't know what the laws are in Canada but there is NO WAY IN HELL I would accept that answer. Give me a new car or give me my money back. They are not going to offer that, you have to DEMAND it or get a lawyer involved.

  6. #21
    miguelius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver ATS Performance 2.0T manual
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    62

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    What if the problem is simply one defective part? If they fix it with this part replacement and the car runs perfectly, then maybe all will be well. As distasteful as it is to have such a seemingly huge issue within 20 km, it does not mean anything about the quality of the rest of the car and does not signify that you will have anything else go wrong. My 2.0 turbo manual has run perfectly since I got it in January. I would wait until they get the part and fix the car before jumping to conclusions. I know it is agonizing and disappointing, but hang in there a bit longer . . .
    73JPS likes this.

  7. #22
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, Unite
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post

    seriously... I don't know what the laws are in canada but there is no way in hell i would accept that answer. Give me a new car or give me my money back. They are not going to offer that, you have to demand it or get a lawyer involved.

    'murica fk yeah!

  8. #23
    SLA
    SLA is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    313

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    It could very well be something very easy. A detached or leaky vacuum line can absolutely wreak havoc with turbocharged cars and can cause the symptoms described in the first post.

    If I pop an intercooler coupling off on my Legacy GT, the car will sputter to a complete stop.

  9. #24
    flycaster's Avatar
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Age
    75
    Posts
    678

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I have never heard of an engine being in "delivery mode". That's B-S!
    BMW cars are delivered in "delivery mode." As ATS has copied just about everything from BMW (except engine and transmission, that is), maybe our ATSs do have a "delivery mode?"

  10. #25
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    BMW cars are delivered in "delivery mode." As ATS has copied just about everything from BMW (except engine and transmission, that is), maybe our ATSs do have a "delivery mode?"
    Your right Cadillac didn't copy BMW's transmission BMW bought Cadillacs

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6L50_transmission

    and the ATS does have a transportation mode earlier in this thread I posted instructions on how to enter/exit that mode.

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3553490

  11. #26
    Stevo Supremo's Avatar
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,342

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Still though, I dont think I woulda bought the car in the first place... I woulda asked for a new one.

  12. #27
    bvardy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 MT
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    13

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    My dealers claim is there is no more of them here with a manual and cue.
    I am actually looking up my local infinity dealer now. their g37 is about the same price and comes loaded and more power. maybee the ats was a bad idea from the get go.

    oh well live and learn.


    PS. Gregory I called the number you listed and they said they would look into it and never called me back. This is the perfect way to send another household to a competitor.

    Stupid GM.

  13. #28
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,789

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by bvardy View Post
    My dealers claim is there is no more of them here with a manual and cue.
    I am actually looking up my local infinity dealer now. their g37 is about the same price and comes loaded and more power. maybee the ats was a bad idea from the get go.

    oh well live and learn.
    For sure no car is right for everyone. I would not have bought an ATS if I was just looking for this size semi-luxury car.

    Every car has its strong and weak points. You should buy the car who's strong points are what's most important to you.

    The ATS' strong points are driving dynamics and styling (which is subjective). If you don't care about the dynamics or can't tell the night and day differences between the ATS and the G37, definitely buy the G37 or some other car.

  14. #29
    Fraggy's Avatar
    Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee

    Your right Cadillac didn't copy BMW's transmission BMW bought Cadillacs

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6L50_transmission
    Except it works wonderfully in the BMW, too bad GM didn't buy BMWs software.

  15. #30
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: Sad First Post. My ATS is having open engine surgery at 10 miles. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Except it works wonderfully in the BMW, too bad GM didn't buy BMWs software.
    lol.....touché

    speaking of which i hear the tune fixes it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting