Bluetooth issue after update
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bluetooth issue after update in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My 13' ATS originally had an issue with being able to read the USB drive. Technical dept. from cadillac said ...
    Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Bluetooth issue after update

My 13' ATS originally had an issue with being able to read the USB drive. Technical dept. from cadillac said to replace the entire gauge cluster, which they did, and also fixed the problem. I was also having the HVAC tapping noise like many have mentioned, so a software update was made. Now, after all this, both displays (Gauge and radio without CUE) will go blank when placing or receiving a phone call.

Without a video, here it was happens:
    -It will display XM logo, the channel #, and song info while driving (normal obviously)
    -I get an incoming call. It shows contact info on the radio display only (still normal)
    -I answer the call
    -Instantly, both screens go black, then only display the XM logo and channel #
    -Contact info will only show next to the OnStar logo on the gauge display (The OnStar logo is new since update)

While sending a call:
    -Still normal driving display on both screens
    -I send a phone call out from my phone
    -Instantly both screens black out, then show XM logo, and channel #
    -No song info or contact info ever shows up

I am being told this is "Normal after the update" and "All new ATS's will do this now" Which I don't believe one second. Before it showed on both screens, making OR receiving phone calls. Am I crazy to think something is wrong here? Is anyone else having the blank screen issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Bluetooth issue after update

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    My 13' ATS originally had an issue with being able to read the USB drive. Technical dept. from cadillac said to replace the entire gauge cluster, which they did, and also fixed the problem. I was also having the HVAC tapping noise like many have mentioned, so a software update was made. Now, after all this, both displays (Gauge and radio without CUE) will go blank when placing or receiving a phone call.

Without a video, here it was happens:
    -It will display XM logo, the channel #, and song info while driving (normal obviously)
    -I get an incoming call. It shows contact info on the radio display only (still normal)
    -I answer the call
    -Instantly, both screens go black, then only display the XM logo and channel #
    -Contact info will only show next to the OnStar logo on the gauge display (The OnStar logo is new since update)

While sending a call:
    -Still normal driving display on both screens
    -I send a phone call out from my phone
    -Instantly both screens black out, then show XM logo, and channel #
    -No song info or contact info ever shows up

I am being told this is "Normal after the update" and "All new ATS's will do this now" Which I don't believe one second. Before it showed on both screens, making OR receiving phone calls. Am I crazy to think something is wrong here? Is anyone else having the blank screen issue?
    Hello Bryce2.OT,

I have reached out to an internal resource of mine with your question. Will it be ok if I message you privately with their response when I get in the office on Tuesday? Thank you for your time and I look forward to updating you on Tuesday.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I'm fine with that. I will make a video and put the link on here soon

Any news? I got a service email from a 3rd party on Wednesday no P.Ms so far

smittyg68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    My cue does the same thing w Bluetooth incoming/outgoing calls. Could you pls let me know if there is a resolve ? Thank you

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    Any news? I got a service email from a 3rd party on Wednesday no P.Ms so far
    Hello Bryce2.0T,

My name is Laura M. and I help monitor this site with Gregory W. I see the issues that you have been having with your vehicle. I also see you mentioned reaching out to a third party who responded back with information? We can continue our interaction via private message if you would like to, so it can be easiest for me to continue our interactions. I will PM you.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

pblethen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    This seems to be the most appropriate thread.... I have a 2013 ATS with fairly recent CUE updates. My Galaxy S4 will stop streaming audio randomly, while using a Bluetooth connection. A droid Bionic and the direct audio cable does not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.