Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; by the way guys, the muffler that is shown in the picture and all the links is just an upgrade ...
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T

by the way guys, the muffler that is shown in the picture and all the links is just an upgrade to dual exhaust tips for the 2.5 engine. one easy way to tell is if u look at the picture posted by pissedoffwookiee, the muffler has one pipe going into it. the stock 2.0T has 2 seperate pipes going into the muffler and 2 coming out. so this isnt rly a performance upgrade. maybe for sound but i think its just cosmetics. wont fit on the 2.0T or the 3.6

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    by the way guys, the muffler that is shown in the picture and all the links is just an upgrade to dual exhaust tips for the 2.5 engine. one easy way to tell is if u look at the picture posted by pissedoffwookiee, the muffler has one pipe going into it. the stock 2.0T has 2 seperate pipes going into the muffler and 2 coming out. so this isnt rly a performance upgrade. maybe for sound but i think its just cosmetics. wont fit on the 2.0T or the 3.6
    Bad news race fans, this is correct, parts guy called on this and had them physically inspect the parts to get me a picture, and GM fitment info on this is incorrect this is 2.5 only.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

Borla had used my 2.0T Sonata for their R&D prototype cat-back exhaust and it has had a bad howling/whistling sound at full-throttle since day 1.

They tried to deny it and they sent me replacement tips, but it's still there. Hell it's even apparent in the YouTube videos they have of my car, and I have several of my own as evidence.

I honestly won't buy Borla products ever again. While I was there I got a tour of their R&D facility in Port Hueneme, Cali... they simply use perforated piping inside of their pipes. Not that damn special, you guys.

For the money, I'd rather just have my local shop fab me up a nice 2.5" setup with WHATEVER brand of mufflers I choose.

mtinaza is offline Cadillac Owners Member

TBSS2008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Corvette GS, Solstice GXP

Looks like a nice Exhaust. I have a Solstice GXP with a Magnaflow, K&N Drop in, and Trifecta Tune. On the Solstice is has a really nice Deep Throaty sound. I think the Magnaflow on the ATS 2.0T does sound a little quiet I think its because it does not eliminate the second cat. The Solsitce only has one primary cat (Downpipe). Get rid of that second cat for a more aggressive exhaust note and free up a little power at the same time.

HighElevation is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Performance

How much did the exhaust end up costing and how difficult was the installation?

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

FYI we've got these in stock at our warehouse and ready to ship. FREE shipping to the lower 48!

http://store.badnewsracing.net/2013-...ust_p_222.html

ATSturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

I think it sounds pretty good. May look at that after my CAI and Downpipe mods.

louie1487 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post

See.. the regular 2.5 only has a single exhaust.

I would like to know if this is simply the dual tip exhaust from the 2.0T/3.6 or if it's infact a different muffler.

The fact that it includes the Fascia leads me to believe this is simply the 'upgrade' for the single tip 2.5.
    gmpartscenter.net confirmed with me that it is an axle back. Basically replacing the existing muffler and fascia for a muffler with dual outlets

FDNY-L107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Auto RWD

I have this exhaust installed on my ATS and I will admit it is amazing. Very nice sound no drone, lighter than the stock system, easy install and high quality. I really did not notice any huge performance difference, but the sound is perfect for this car. BWoody has these in stock at the lowest price on the market btw....and no, I don't work for them.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY-L107
    I have this exhaust installed on my ATS and I will admit it is amazing. Very nice sound no drone, lighter than the stock system, easy install and high quality. I really did not notice any huge performance difference, but the sound is perfect for this car. BWoody has these in stock at the lowest price on the market btw....and no, I don't work for them.
    So... Both the secondary cat and the resonator are removed? I noticed the tips seem to be resonated. I wonder how much effect that has? If I get an exhaust, I'd want to keep the beautiful stock tips.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    So... Both the secondary cat and the resonator are removed? I noticed the tips seem to be resonated. I wonder how much effect that has? If I get an exhaust, I'd want to keep the beautiful stock tips.
    If it has a CARB #, the secondary cat would not be removed.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
    If it has a CARB #, the secondary cat would not be removed.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I just couldn't see it in the diagram.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

The Magnaflow kit seems to be well fitting and designed, but why would they bother to split to 2 pipes, only to come back into one muffler? It seems like added weight and cost to me. Why not slightly bigger single pipe to muffler with dual outlets? Fbody guys have been doing this for years
    Ihuntv8 and Ragtop 99 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.