Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee Cadillac has come out with a performance exhaust developed with them by Borla, my parts guy ...
    roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Re: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Cadillac has come out with a performance exhaust developed with them by Borla, my parts guy got word from his GM accessory rep.
    Any details on a part number? I'll go through my contacts to see what I can find out about it.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Cadillac has come out with a performance exhaust developed with them by Borla, my parts guy got word from his GM accessory rep.
    This would be a major mistake! Borla on a Cadillac..!!! Kid stuff. Borla is too hot rod or rice burner sounding. Some guys put them on Corvettes and they make the car sound like an 18 year old's car! No sophistication at all. Try the more upscale after market producers like Corsa or Magnaflow, etc. Borla is cheap product and they sound like cheap. You may have a differing opinion but you have a $35k automobile, why make it sound like someones 1969 Mustang, or worse....!!!

I also disagree with modding "because you can". I say bull. You can take away from a cars appeal and most certainly its value by making foolish mods! Corvette guys do it all the time and when it comes time to sell, most end up reverting back to stock! And Corvettes lend themselves to modding.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

My CTS 3.6 had the Borla system and I constantly rcvd compliments on the sound.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

my dealer also told me tht borla makes the performance exhausts for gm. thats fine and all but i personaly do think borla isnt very classy. from what ive heard anyway. im sure they can make a more classy exhaust for the cadillac, but i doubt they will. also, i dont think they have already made one officially because the service manager at my dealer has been looking into it for me since ive always asked for exhaust developments.

IMHO magnaflow is best for american cars.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Had a full race system built for my last car that had a Magnaflow quad-exhaust set-up. Sounded unreal! Would definitely use them again.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    my dealer also told me tht borla makes the performance exhausts for gm. thats fine and all but i personaly do think borla isnt very classy. from what ive heard anyway. im sure they can make a more classy exhaust for the cadillac, but i doubt they will. also, i dont think they have already made one officially because the service manager at my dealer has been looking into it for me since ive always asked for exhaust developments.

IMHO magnaflow is best for american cars.
    It's stainless steel and chrome, not classy or unclassy just metal, since the tone of the not classy bunch here seems to lean toward muscle and rice cars in the not classy column, it seems odd to me that cadillac chose them as an OEM partner along with Daimler, and Lexus.

i dont think they have already made one officially because the service manager at my dealer has been looking into it for me since ive always asked for exhaust developments
    Really!

Attachment 115658

Part # 22961069 $950

This looks to me like you need a new service manager

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

Unfortunately, listed only for the 2.5L engine...converts single to dual exhaust...

http://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.co...unch%20Kit.pdf

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

That's what I was afraid of... I knew there was a 2.5L kit in the works.

I'm almost tempted to wait till the ATSV comes out and look at picking up a take-off exhaust and rear bumper and adding a resonator to have a quad tip exhaust - I prefer the look of 4 small tips to 2 large ones and that won't fit in the stock bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by mbk2010 View Post
    Unfortunately, listed only for the 2.5L engine...converts single to dual exhaust...

http://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.co...unch%20Kit.pdf
    That PDF is the launch kit, the car was launched in august last year (pretty old info), the GM acessory rep told my parts guy, about this last friday, also said fitment is for AWD and RWD Base through Luxury 2.5, 2.0T, and 3.6 so far.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

It's stainless steel and chrome, not classy or unclassy just metal, since the tone of the not classy bunch here seems to lean toward muscle and rice cars in the not classy column, it seems odd to me that cadillac chose them as an OEM partner along with Daimler, and Lexus.

Really!

Attachment 115658

Part # 22961069 $950

$950 for a BORLA! Highway robbery and not worth a third of that. I know Caddy demands a premium but no Borla should cost anywhere near a grand! Plus, all there is is a muffler and tips. I have a complete catback Magnaflow system on my C6 that is all SS with 2 mufflers & rolled quad 4" highly polished tips. Now that setup is worth a grand!! Made a mistake years ago and put a Borla on a Camaro L98. It was crap then for like $135. !!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    B&B for the best sound. That's all.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Really!

Attachment 115658

Part # 22961069 $950

maybe he just didnt check recently. theyre prty busy in there. post a sound clip. hopefully someone local gets it so we can do a meet.

Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    $950 for a BORLA! Highway robbery and not worth a third of that. I know Caddy demands a premium but no Borla should cost anywhere near a grand! Plus, all there is is a muffler and tips. I have a complete catback Magnaflow system on my C6 that is all SS with 2 mufflers & rolled quad 4" highly polished tips. Now that setup is worth a grand!! Made a mistake years ago and put a Borla on a Camaro L98. It was crap then for like $135. !!!
    not positive but i think the plastic piece is a new diffuser, which would make sense considering if this fits the 2.5 as well you'd need an extra opening, so not chump change, but i don't think unreasonable for a catback, muffler and chrome tips if lower body panel is included

----------

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    maybe he just didnt check recently. theyre prty busy in there. post a sound clip. hopefully someone local gets it so we can do a meet.
    That would be cool

----------

Good news, it does include the Fascia as thye call it i found this:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Cad...ercadillac.com

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

See.. the regular 2.5 only has a single exhaust.

I would like to know if this is simply the dual tip exhaust from the 2.0T/3.6 or if it's infact a different muffler.

The fact that it includes the Fascia leads me to believe this is simply the 'upgrade' for the single tip 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    See.. the regular 2.5 only has a single exhaust.

I would like to know if this is simply the dual tip exhaust from the 2.0T/3.6 or if it's infact a different muffler.

The fact that it includes the Fascia leads me to believe this is simply the 'upgrade' for the single tip 2.5.
    Attachment 115762

Parts guy says, for base through luxury all engines '13 and '14 so one could deduce this is not the case or else why would this be an upgrade for the turbo and v6 too, but to your point it could be the performance/premium exhaust since those are not included in this upgrade

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.