Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by M5eater slip on connectors and butt clamps. Like every other exhaust in the world. u have to ...
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    slip on connectors and butt clamps. Like every other exhaust in the world.
    u have to cut the stock exhaust even if u buy this system from magnaflow. which is unfortunate. wish GM had made a flange right after the cat.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    u have to cut the stock exhaust even if u buy this system from magnaflow. which is unfortunate. wish GM had made a flange right after the cat.
    I've delt with enough sezied studs, nuts and flanges to be thankful all that's required is a 10 minuite hacksaw job.

In the long-run, if you ever want to go back, a pair of joint clamps will let you put the stock exhaust on without having to re-weld anyway. I just did so with my V.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

My subie is loud as **** now cat less downpipe into 3 inch exhaust my neighbours windows shake when I
    Fire her up. It was subtle in stock form.

----------

Never mind my external wastegate.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

lulz at external wastegate...I know alllll about it.

You should see my 2JZ RX-7. I have a straight-up open dump-pipe coming right off the 45mm Turbosmart external wastegate. :P

I think a full 2.5" or even 3" exhaust with high-flow cat and resonator will really give the ATS 2.0T the aggressive exhaust note it needs without being TOO much.

The Magnaflow mufflers themselves seem to add a good tone for this particular motor, but with ONLY a cat-back, it just doesn't feel/sound like enough of an upgrade for the more hardcore "tuners" in our community, such as myself. :P

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Each to his/her own but I can see little benefit to putting a Magnaflow on a 4 banger, especially with only one muffler! True, you will add a little more muscle sound but who the heck wants a Caddy that sounds like a rice burner..!! Kid stuff! I have had big American V8's most of my life including 3 ZR-1's and now a C6. The C6 runs a Magnaflow cat back, and while it produces a really nice muscle car sound [not at all kid like or cheap hot rod sounding] it does little for increasing performance. When I went with a Magnaflow type on 2 of my ZR-1's I did get increased 1/4 mile trap speeds by about 3 or 4 mph but they did little for the ET's. Magnaflow makes nice products, but why on a Cadillac!

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    Each to his/her own but I can see little benefit to putting a Magnaflow on a 4 banger, especially with only one muffler! True, you will add a little more muscle sound but who the heck wants a Caddy that sounds like a rice burner..!! Kid stuff! I have had big American V8's most of my life including 3 ZR-1's and now a C6. The C6 runs a Magnaflow cat back, and while it produces a really nice muscle car sound [not at all kid like or cheap hot rod sounding] it does little for increasing performance. When I went with a Magnaflow type on 2 of my ZR-1's I did get increased 1/4 mile trap speeds by about 3 or 4 mph but they did little for the ET's. Magnaflow makes nice products, but why on a Cadillac!
    Because the stock 2.0 sounds really bad. Not just quiet. I'm cool with quiet. But it's almost embarrassing to Rev that engine I think lol.

The only exhaust piece worth any performance improvement on a 4 cylinder turbo would be a downpipe.

Everything else is just for sound.

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    3 or 4 mph in the 1/4, I want some of those mufflers. That's quite a bit of gain just for mufflers? I race all the time and have never seen increases like that?

Kevin

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    The only exhaust piece worth any performance improvement on a 4 cylinder turbo would be a downpipe.

Everything else is just for sound.
    A hiflow cat after the downpipe would also help reduce backpressure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    A hiflow cat after the downpipe would also help reduce backpressure.
    And more importantly we can add more boost!

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I think it's kind of cool that it's not overly loud, if you can do a new video with it a bit broken in that would be great! In your opinion, compared to a 3.6L, is it louder or quieter?

Also, how audible is it in the car?

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by bluhaven View Post
    3 or 4 mph in the 1/4, I want some of those mufflers. That's quite a bit of gain just for mufflers? I race all the time and have never seen increases like that?

Kevin
    Yes, it was a complete 3" cat back system and the mufflers were Walkers! LT5's needed to get the exhaust out as you cranked the rpm towards 7,000! My best prior was 111-112 after the exhaust it was always 114-115mph.

mtinaza is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KXAM
    As with most anything, "because you can", more importantly, because aftermarket anything will help get this car and brand some much needed visibilty.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Cadillac has come out with a performance exhaust developed with them by Borla, my parts guy got word from his GM accessory rep.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

not gonna lie I couldn't really tell the difference in that youtube video

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.