Aeroforce OBDII Dash Gauge
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Aeroforce OBDII Dash Gauge in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Been looking for a good device that can both scan all of the parameters our cars use and also display ...
    frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Aeroforce OBDII Dash Gauge

Been looking for a good device that can both scan all of the parameters our cars use and also display them without using
    a laptop. Have used a MSD Dashawk for a number of years but MSD stopped support and it now sets off a code if I plug it into
    the OBDII port. Still works and displays and logs data but I was looking for a modern version.
    Jerry at BNR refered me to Interceptor gauge by Aeroforce.
    See:
    http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Mounted one in my ATS 2.0 today and it works great. You can pick practically any sensor or parameter and display up to 8 at a time. tho with 8
    the text is small. CAn also have display cycle between sets of parameters. Can also log data and play back later.

Quick trip out and I saw 16 psi boost and 0-1 deg of early knock retard.

Here is a picture:

c20130521_163736.jpg

PS: Car is idleing. With variable cams u get very high idle vac. Gauge reads 13.5 in Hg with if u
    multiply by 2.03 in vac per in Hg gives 27 in of vac like most people are used to seeing

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Aeroforce OBDII Dash Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    Been looking for a good device that can both scan all of the parameters our cars use and also display them without using
    a laptop. Have used a MSD Dashawk for a number of years but MSD stopped support and it now sets off a code if I plug it into
    the OBDII port. Still works and displays and logs data but I was looking for a modern version.
    Jerry at BNR refered me to Interceptor gauge by Aeroforce.
    See:
    http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Mounted one in my ATS 2.0 today and it works great. You can pick practically any sensor or parameter and display up to 8 at a time. tho with 8
    the text is small. CAn also have display cycle between sets of parameters. Can also log data and play back later.

Quick trip out and I saw 16 psi boost and 0-1 deg of early knock retard.

Here is a picture:

Attachment 109457
    maan.....no offence at all but dont u think that looks rly bad on a beautiful and classy dash? is there an option for a less visible type of deal? maybe some technologically inclined person can figure out how to include a boost gauge on the information screens on the dash?

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    maan.....no offence at all but dont u think that looks rly bad on a beautiful and classy dash? is there an option for a less visible type of deal? maybe some technologically inclined person can figure out how to include a boost gauge on the information screens on the dash?
    It comes out in 2 sec if wanted . And again no offense- but I would rather have a little ugly than a burnt piston if I had a tune.

The fake carbon is kinda ugly. Plan on scanning the dash cover with a colorimeter and painted the gauge hsn with ATS specific color
    for a better blend

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    It comes out in 2 sec if wanted . And again no offense- but I would rather have a little ugly than a burnt piston if I had a tune.

The fake carbon is kinda ugly. Plan on scanning the dash cover with a colorimeter and painted the gauge hsn with ATS specific color
    for a better blend
    no offense but no offense. . i agree about the burned piston though. i dont know much in that area, but what would you be looking for to prevent damage with the tune? keep an eye on the boost make sure its not too high? if so, what would be too high?

no offense but no offense. . i agree about the burned piston though. i dont know much in that area, but what would you be looking for to prevent damage with the tune? keep an eye on the boost make sure its not too high? if so, what would be too high?
    That is why it is always good to know what is going on even if u do not have a tune. I have had 2 of the GM turbos with older LNF engine and
    the max boost was about 24 psi vs 13-17 stock. It varies cause of the ecm GM uses which controls torque stock to 260 ft# and uses whatever
    boost it needs to make the target. But even that varies with octane, altitude( takes more boost at higher altitudes).
    What I always monitored before and will again with ATS is boost ( to makesure wg rod not misadjusted) and ignition retard from knock.
    Knock will kill turbos especially highly boosted ones like the ATS, STi etc etc. If I see more than a little knock, I find out why--bad gas? or
    some other problem. Stock GM makes a very safe piece with boost reduction if it sees a bad knock problem. A reduced power message
    will come up on dash.

frank

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

Very cool, although I agree it's not the nicest looking thing. But, better to have the information than not have it at all. Does it record the data so you can view it later (e.g., maybe dump it into excel)?

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

What vehicle did you use in ordering, GM 2.0T ? Notice no Cadillac listed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    What vehicle did you use in ordering, GM 2.0T ? Notice no Cadillac listed.
    Yes Mike, you order by maker, in this case GM. 2008 and later GM use CAN bus so order CN series gauge.
    I order red display-mistake. Want white background for best daylight display. Sending mine to be reflashed to black on white background

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I'd rather mount a phone(doesn't even need to be activated, just Bluetooth enabled) to the dash or windshield and have a more normal, more useable display...
    donavo and donavo like this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yikes thats ugly, but I do realize it can be removed so no flak to you

Aeroforce interceptors are the shit man, had one on my cobalt and would LOVE one for the ATS

what about painting that carbon stuff flat black and mounting it to the steering column like the ion redlines have? kinda like this

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

I like the steering column idea. The whole idea of being able to see the data and monitor it is extremely appealing. On that note, does anyone know of a good iPhone app to do this? Would be cool if there were a decent app and you could just use a Bluetooth OBDII dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by gfxbt View Post
    I like the steering column idea. The whole idea of being able to see the data and monitor it is extremely appealing. On that note, does anyone know of a good iPhone app to do this? Would be cool if there were a decent app and you could just use a Bluetooth OBDII dongle.
    only thing like that I'm aware of is for the android

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

iPhone has the "Rev" app (I think it's like $40, though...I bought it a while ago)

Android's have the "Torque" app.

Here's an example of a screenshot from the iPhone "Rev" app:

Red/Orange = HP/TQ
    Green = Boost
    Blue = RPM's
    Grey = Speed (MPH)

You can customize the graph to show different things. Here's the main display that you customize:

You get the idea. :P

I personally like the iPhone rev app better, and the graphing is easier to comprehend versus the Android "Torque" app.

Doing 0-60MPH runs with the "Rev" app is kind of a pain in the butt though. Takes a couple tries for it to record it properly.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

I run a fully built Subaru 2011 STI
    I have a full Defi set up gauges and controller.

IMO EGT,OIL PRESSURE AND AFR ARE THE IMPORTANT MONITORS ON HIGH BOOST CARS.

BOOST GAUGE MEH.I DATA LOG WEEKLY FOR KNOCK AND TARGET BOOST

Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    I run a fully built Subaru 2011 STI
    I have a full Defi set up gauges and controller.

IMO EGT,OIL PRESSURE AND AFR ARE THE IMPORTANT MONITORS ON HIGH BOOST CARS.

BOOST GAUGE MEH.I DATA LOG WEEKLY FOR KNOCK AND TARGET BOOST
    this guy... this guy knows whats up^

but lets be honest, boost gauges are just fun
    Siren05 and Siren05 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.