Intake installed!!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Intake installed!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Well the prototype intake finally came in on Friday, and might I just say HOLY CRAP! It goes on the ...
    turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Intake installed!!

Well the prototype intake finally came in on Friday, and might I just say HOLY CRAP! It goes on the dyno this Friday, but there may be another piece installed along with is so I can't guarantee numbers on that alone. The one thing I can say so far is that this BOV is probably going to get old quickly! The intake has a great sound to it when you take off, with lots of air going in, but then EVERY SINGLE TIME you let your foot off the gas PPPSHHHHHHH!!! Just driving it down the street it can be heard 2 streets over, then at highway speeds it blows off everytime you take your foot off the pedal in traffic. Dont get me wrong, if you are looking for the race car sound this guy is AWESOME, I just dont know how it is going to work for daily driving.
    MotoDC and MotoDC like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Re: Intake installed!!

With a tune it will be able to take advantage of the extra air too!

yup, just waiting to see if the cat-less DP is going to make it in time to have that installed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    yup, just waiting to see if the cat-less DP is going to make it in time to have that installed as well.
    Pfadt?

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Pics please!!!! Also some youtube for good measure!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    Pfadt?
    no comment

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

Do you have any pictures of this intake and is it something you made?

Kevin

I will try to get some pictures, this is a system that Hennessey made for me.

miguelius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver ATS Performance 2.0T manual

This engine is pretty refined from the factory, making just enough intake whoosh when you drive it briskly to remind you that it's a turbo. These kinds of changes make it crude, like a modified Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Evo or other boy racer. For that one or two percent of the time when the extra power is a blast, it probably seems worthwhile. For the 98 percent of the time when you want to feel like you're driving a Cadillac, however, it's probably pretty annoying. But whatever turns you on, as we used to say . . .

Quote Originally Posted by miguelius View Post
    This engine is pretty refined from the factory, making just enough intake whoosh when you drive it briskly to remind you that it's a turbo. These kinds of changes make it crude, like a modified Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Evo or other boy racer. For that one or two percent of the time when the extra power is a blast, it probably seems worthwhile. For the 98 percent of the time when you want to feel like you're driving a Cadillac, however, it's probably pretty annoying. But whatever turns you on, as we used to say . . .
    The ATS IS NOT YOUR DADDY'S CADDY. 2.0T.

To be honest you dont really hear it much with the windows up. The ATS was created to be a great "drivers car", so with trying to stay active in the community and be able to help any vendors test their product on a DD car I am willing to do anything I can to help them move forward. I really don't mean any disrespect with this, but how do you buy a manual trans Cadillac, then use the Cadillac snob persona? If anyone has any real questions or would like to talk about any cool new mods going on I would love to talk, but don't get on a thread just to troll...

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Is that intake a bolt on? Easily reversible with common tools?

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

I'm actually super curious about an intake - I want to hear the turbo more - I know it'll never sound as menacing as something like a T76 getting to full tilt - but it's there. From experience, its easier to hear when you're in boost than watching a boost gauge (which we don't have) like a hawk - which is great for those times when you want to help your mpg...

If you asked me, I'd say the turbo on the LTG was undersized in order to provide a lack of lag and instant response - and the turbo spins up so low in the rev range I'd like to hear what it was doing. Maybe an intake of constant turbo, bov, turbo, bov would get annoying - but I'm still curious.

That and sure, it's a little "boy racer" - but look at BMW - the stereo pumps huge amounts of synthetic engine noise into the cabin when you go wide open throttle. It's not like this is new. M3s and M5s are pretty loud now too.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Another member who has an Intake! sounds wicked doesn't it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AnKvtV4c4

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Nobody has posted pics of their intake installations yet. There's the one here (Henessey), Pfadt is making one, several other places are making one...

But no pictures anywhere!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.