Intake installed!! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Intake installed!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by turbo2.0 To be honest you dont really hear it much with the windows up. The ATS was ...
    miguelius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver ATS Performance 2.0T manual

Re: Intake installed!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    To be honest you dont really hear it much with the windows up. The ATS was created to be a great "drivers car", so with trying to stay active in the community and be able to help any vendors test their product on a DD car I am willing to do anything I can to help them move forward. I really don't mean any disrespect with this, but how do you buy a manual trans Cadillac, then use the Cadillac snob persona? If anyone has any real questions or would like to talk about any cool new mods going on I would love to talk, but don't get on a thread just to troll...
    I agree with you; I like the ATS because it's a great driver's car, with a state-of-the-art 2.0 turbo, six-speed manual, and sophisticated independent suspension. That's the only kind of car I have ever owned. But it's also a Cadillac, which means you get a level of luxury and equipment that doesn't come on most other cars. It's not a "snob" persona at all, just expressing doubts about making mods that compromise the refinement or character of the car. It's okay; nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion about it.
    By the way, have you noticed how large the stock intake hoses and pipes are on this car? They are almost V-8 size. This engine flows a huge amount of air already. How much of a power improvement are you really going to get by increasing the intake size? Finally, I am not sure what you mean by "trolling,"--I am a member of the forum because I like to see what's going on in all aspects of the car, just like most of us on the site. Anyway, sorry about the "boy racer" comment, which was out of line. More power to ya.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

screw all that, I wanna hear the engine bark, I want to hear the turbo screaming when the pedals to the met...plastic! F*** YEAH!!

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

^ what he said.

Hearing a turbo spool up combined with a growling exhaust..followed up by a glorious "pssshhhh" of whichever brand blow-off valve you prefer..... that is pure driving bliss, my friends.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Can we get pics and a youtube of the sound please. In this day and age I thought everyone had a camera/recorder implanted in their head.

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    Can we get pics and a youtube of the sound please. In this day and age I thought everyone had a camera/recorder implanted in their head.
    I LITERALLY posted a video of mine on page 1 of this thread

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    I LITERALLY posted a video of mine on page 1 of this thread
    I know, I can't see how you can go make a post about something being installed without posting at least a picture of it. We need at least a pic to see the quality of the said CAI

well my intakes not 100% done, the heat shield just needs to be fabbed up, but the rest is installed and functional, we originally had replaced the crinkle rubber tube with smooth aluminum, but after data logging we were getting iffy returns & with no real benefit to replacing that tube with aluminum we opted to leave the rubber tube and just build off the end.

So anyways, I'll snap a pic of the intake "so far" if yall want, but keep in mind the heat shield is getting made this week, but I've been logging this intake over 2 weeks and no C.E.L's, AFR abnomalities blah blah to speak of . Pulls a wee bit better... but the SOUND THE CAR MAKES!! now THAT is the reason I wanted this thing

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    well my intakes not 100% done, the heat shield just needs to be fabbed up, but the rest is installed and functional, we originally had replaced the crinkle rubber tube with smooth aluminum, but after data logging we were getting iffy returns, so we opted to leave the rubber tube and just build off the end.

So anyways, I'll snap a pic of the intake "so far" if yall want, but keep in mind the heat shield is getting made this week, but I've been logging this intake over 2 weeks and no C.E.L's, AFR abnomalities blah blah to speak of . Pulls a wee bit better... but the SOUND THE CAR MAKES!! now THAT is the reason I wanted this thing
    i tried to idle rev the engine with the filter out just to see if theres a sound diff....and i didnt hear any difference...why does the intake make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    i tried to idle rev the engine with the filter out just to see if theres a sound diff....and i didnt hear any difference...why does the intake make a difference?
    if you rev it at idle in neutral the engines not really building boost so you wont hear much(or anything). But if its a nice day and you're ok with popping the filter top off and taking the filter out then go for a quick run around the block like that and trust me, you'll hear it(PSSHHHH!!). But bear in mind its not really a good idea to run without a filter, most likely nothing will happen, but still, never know lol (I say this for my own protection so if you do run it without a filter and something weird happens its not my fault haha!!)

**letting the car "sneeze" beside the sidewalk beside people is fun they have the biggest wtf look on there faces haha!

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

u think if i just put a k&n filter in there, ill get some sound diff?

no, putting a panel filter replacement in there wont yeild the same sound. That box restricts sound, obviously for the general consumer thats a good thing, but for those of us who LIKE the sounds an engine makes, the box needs to go lol.

In terms of performance well, honestly it does pull a bit harder middle to top end, nothing crazy, but noticeable, I'm sure though with a tune it'll be better utilized and greater gains will be noticed.

**FYI the filter I used is a GM performance dicivision Cone filter, I figure that's my best bet...seems to have paid off as I'm not getting any odd readings, when we used the smooth aluminum pipe w/ a KN filter we got a C.E.L

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Well as much as I have enjoyed the intake system, Vince refuses to give me any of the tune information to see how it is doing and cant seem to get the drivability portion of it tuned properly at this point so it is coming off. I am waiting for EFI live or HP tuners to come out with something for the ATS before I really try to go any further after some very disappointing attempts to get the tune correct.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.