Tapping noise from rear_ ATS 3.6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By blackhawk
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Tapping noise from rear_ ATS 3.6 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a new ATS 3.6 with only 500 miles on it. It suddenly started making a tapping noise from ...
    grchehab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

Tapping noise from rear_ ATS 3.6

I have a new ATS 3.6 with only 500 miles on it. It suddenly started making a tapping noise from the rear. It is intermittent but not consistent. It is not associated with braking, and is more audible at slow speeds. I am not sure which side it is coming from, but it is similar to the noise of one cracking his/her fingers and drives me crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Re: Tapping noise from rear_ ATS 3.6

Mine actually does this as well. It's noticeable with the window open, but when it's shut, you can't hear it.

Anyone else have this issue?

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

My guess is that it has something to do with one of the tires. Maybe low pressure.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

That was my first instinct. I checked the onboard TPM, and it checked out. To be sure, I used a manual gauge and it also checked out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

grchehab and EnvoyBu,

Let us know if you you continue to be concerned and decide to get this checked out with your dealership. We're available to help get an appointment set up for you, if you like. Please contact us via private message with more information (your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your dealership, along with a brief recap of your concern).

All the best,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

blackhawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    Just wanted to let you know that I also had intermittent noise (buckling noise I'd say) coming from the rear center/right on my new XTS with 500 miles and dealer identified as a shock issue and replaced the rear shock. So, definitely have the dealer check it out for you.
    EnvoyBu and EnvoyBu like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I also had intermittent noise (buckling noise I'd say) coming from the rear center/right on my new XTS with 500 miles and dealer identified as a shock issue and replaced the rear shock. So, definitely have the dealer check it out for you.
    Hello blackhawk,

Thanks for sharing this information. I am glad to hear the dealership was able to assist you! If you have other concerns in the future please reach out to us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.