Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225

16K views 57 replies 23 participants last post by  rustybear3 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
My guess would be that it is not heated.

Cloth does not freeze like leather does.

If you look at the photo. It specificly does not have the heated wheel button.

$225 is a pretty good deal for something like this, I have it in my V and it adds a nice touch. Although I think I also like the hide the leather wheel is wrapped in just as much .

#6 ·
Am I just wanting to believe that if you don't have paddle shifters, if you get

PART NO. MSRP* BRAND/MODEL
Suede, Black, with Control Manual Shift (KB7) 22967006 $225.00 Cadillac/ATS

that you WILL have paddle shifters? Because I really want that to be true! :)

#14 ·
Exactly. I'd be getting both. Lets see what the dealer tells me since I'm not sure if that includes installation.

I might be getting the protection for the tires as well and since I have run flats I think it's worth it. They quoted me $300 for the tire insurance. So ill ask when I go in for that.

#19 ·
For $500 for my '04 V, and $600 for my '09 V I had tire and wheel insurance. Full coverage of any tire and/or wheel that is on your vehicle as long as its not a race tire.

It took care replacing an EMT tire on the '04, a PS2 on the '09 and fixing a bent rim on the '09. No questions, no issues...

----------

MSRP on the wheel is $225
MSRP on the knob & boot is $180 (automatic only!)

I've seen the knob for less, as low as $126. Knob and boot for manual transmission isn't out yet.
I would guess that the stock manual shift knob may be the same fit as on the manual Vs. Check with Luke at Lindsay Cadillac for the best prices you'll find and he may be able to help you on the manual shift matter...

#18 ·
Instead of re-mounting tires I got 18" wheels and snow tires for my ATS - and sure the stock 'summer only' runflats are grippy - but they're loud, ride terribly (the car rides MUCH better with lighter rims and non-runflats... the mag suspension makes more of a difference in both normal and sport mode) AND as mentioned they have terrible treadwear and very low tread. I assume they'll last me 6000 miles at best as they can't be rotated.

#29 ·
Does the wheel come with any electronics - my dealer thinks it comes with the buttons and such - so once I buy it, it's mine and I can't return it once I take delivery...

Also, does it work with the heated wheel option? I see the button on the wheel in that car, but that could be the stock buttons....

#25 · (Edited)
I much prefer alcantera in our Mustang to the leather.

But I think the ATS alcantera wheel is unattractive because of the high gloss surfaces in the spokes. I don't believe any designer would set out to create that combination. From a feel standpoint, its would be much superior (if you can get past the looks). Fortunately I am spared the decision because they don't even sell the Alcantera in brownstone.

#34 ·
I was not part of the install, only the ordering. The wheel does not offer an option for cold weather or not so I presume that only the wheel itself (leather to suede) is swapped. I'm under the impression that the center of the wheel (electronics) is from the original wheel. Everything works on this car.

#37 ·
A co-workers (an ATS owner & a Corvette owner) are trying to convince me to get this because the ATS owner is going to for his and the corvette owner has beautifully tricked out his corvette. I was originally hesitant to do anything to a leased car, but they point out that this is a cheap way to make me happy every day, and they're right. so i would definately be happier to one up the other ATS owner if i can with paddle shifters, according to the camaro link if a $50 reprogram will do the trick i'm all in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.