Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225 - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by roadpie4u Does the wheel come with any electronics - my dealer thinks it comes with the buttons ...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    Does the wheel come with any electronics - my dealer thinks it comes with the buttons and such - so once I buy it, it's mine and I can't return it once I take delivery...

Also, does it work with the heated wheel option? I see the button on the wheel in that car, but that could be the stock buttons....
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    It clearly still has the button, which is surprising. I would presume to say it then has the function.
    Barring the part description saying it includes the switches, it may or may not. Aren't the switches different between trim levels and options? Some one mentioned a heated seat button on the wheel. I know I've seen wheels with less buttons than my car. Just guessing, I would think customers would be put off by additional non-functioning switches. If Cadillac felt the same and the wheels came with switches, there would need to be a part number for every switch layout in any ATS.

Ford sells wheels as complete assemblies or as components. FWIW, the prices mentioned for these ATS wheels fall about midway between the prices for Ford Alcantera wheels with and without the switches. Since the switch gear seem a higher quality in the ATS and since Cadillac accessories are not known for bargain prices, that would make me guess these wheels require the switches to be moved from the original wheel to the Alcantera one. If doing so is trivial, selling them without switches seems the best for customers and Cadillac.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Suede wheel on gmpartsdirect.com # 22967006 = $165.36

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Barring the part description saying it includes the switches, it may or may not. Aren't the switches different between trim levels and options? Some one mentioned a heated seat button on the wheel. I know I've seen wheels with less buttons than my car. Just guessing, I would think customers would be put off by additional non-functioning switches. If Cadillac felt the same and the wheels came with switches, there would need to be a part number for every switch layout in any ATS.

Ford sells wheels as complete assemblies or as components. FWIW, the prices mentioned for these ATS wheels fall about midway between the prices for Ford Alcantera wheels with and without the switches. Since the switch gear seem a higher quality in the ATS and since Cadillac accessories are not known for bargain prices, that would make me guess these wheels require the switches to be moved from the original wheel to the Alcantera one. If doing so is trivial, selling them without switches seems the best for customers and Cadillac.
    They're complete assemblies. You're over thinking this.

The suede wheel I bought for $180 or whatever it was for the CTS-V was the entire wheel assembly. Installation was a 30minuite affair and highlights include fiddly clips for the airbag.

As far as I've seen with the CTS- and ATS, the pricing for acessories could possibly be considered theft. A similarly priced wheel for a 3 series would Start at $850, and I can assure you, there is no haggling for that.

Suede wheel on gmpartsdirect.com # 22967006 = $165.36
    I'm sure there's some wiggle room there of course, but I'd rather get the part from a local forum sponsor. GMPD is famous for their horrible C/S and inflated shipping costs.
    kmb32687 likes this.

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

I was not part of the install, only the ordering. The wheel does not offer an option for cold weather or not so I presume that only the wheel itself (leather to suede) is swapped. I'm under the impression that the center of the wheel (electronics) is from the original wheel. Everything works on this car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Stop getting jerked around by GMPD. You save little after shipping and the wait is excruciating. Luke @ Lindsay is where it's at.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

anyone figure out the paddle shift upgrade?

A co-workers (an ATS owner & a Corvette owner) are trying to convince me to get this because the ATS owner is going to for his and the corvette owner has beautifully tricked out his corvette. I was originally hesitant to do anything to a leased car, but they point out that this is a cheap way to make me happy every day, and they're right. so i would definately be happier to one up the other ATS owner if i can with paddle shifters, according to the camaro link if a $50 reprogram will do the trick i'm all in

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

does anyone have the part number handy for the NON suede wheel with paddles? as much as i'd love to eventually do the suede, it will not look that pretty for long when it starts pilling up in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL View Post
    i'd love to eventually do the suede, it will not look that pretty for long when it starts pilling up in 2 weeks.
    FWIW, I have 18 months on my Boss 302 wheel and it is still like new. No problems with the nap, but may be more careful than some on cleanliness. We don't eat in the car and wash hands before driving any car. That said, I don't like the look of the suede wheel in the ATS at all due to the high gloss of the spokes and switch gear.

another thing that has me interested is the premium/performance wheel is thicker than on my standard, i like that.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Steering wheels are different on different trims? I didn't know that!

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Steering wheels are different on different trims? I didn't know that!
    They are just listed as "Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim" on all trims the only difference I'm aware of are the paddle shifters and maybe that wheel is thicker??? Now the 2014 steering wheel is thicker, so they say...

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    They are just listed as "Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim" on all trims the only difference I'm aware of are the paddle shifters and maybe that wheel is thicker??? Now the 2014 steering wheel is thicker, so they say...
    And the buttons may be different. For example I don't think a base without CUE has the voice command button, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    it was on a '14 premium that i noticed that, i'll have to try and check out a '13

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    And the buttons may be different. For example I don't think a base without CUE has the voice command button, but I could be wrong.
    I think it would have that for bluetooth and or OnStar?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.