Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225 - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by M5eater No. Defiantly Not. The OE run-flats are a) garbage b) have a tiny amount of tread ...
    sebas042886 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: Suede Steering wheels come to the ATS for $225

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    No.

Defiantly Not.

The OE run-flats are
    a) garbage
    b) have a tiny amount of tread anyway (the Summers have 140.. which fyi, is about what most R-compound tires have, and they're not 7 year old design tires)
    I'm leasing the car anyways, and i have the 18 inch rims. I don't know how they'd look with thicker tires. I'm ok with how the car rides like this too (though to be honest i haven't tried with thicker tires). I'm just getting the insurance because i do design, and go to construction jobs usually 3 times a week. So... it can happen that over the course of 3 years, i'll get a flat, somehow. $300 bucks and they'll also replace the tires before the lease is over so i'm not charged or have to do it myself? I think that's a bargain.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

$300 for the to replace the tires before the lease is up?

What kind of insurance is this? I'd read the fine print carefully.

You're saying that they're telling you that if you pay them $300 now, they'll pay you $1000 later.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Instead of re-mounting tires I got 18" wheels and snow tires for my ATS - and sure the stock 'summer only' runflats are grippy - but they're loud, ride terribly (the car rides MUCH better with lighter rims and non-runflats... the mag suspension makes more of a difference in both normal and sport mode) AND as mentioned they have terrible treadwear and very low tread. I assume they'll last me 6000 miles at best as they can't be rotated.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    $300 for the to replace the tires before the lease is up?

What kind of insurance is this? I'd read the fine print carefully.

You're saying that they're telling you that if you pay them $300 now, they'll pay you $1000 later.
    For $500 for my '04 V, and $600 for my '09 V I had tire and wheel insurance. Full coverage of any tire and/or wheel that is on your vehicle as long as its not a race tire.

It took care replacing an EMT tire on the '04, a PS2 on the '09 and fixing a bent rim on the '09. No questions, no issues...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    MSRP on the wheel is $225
    MSRP on the knob & boot is $180 (automatic only!)

I've seen the knob for less, as low as $126. Knob and boot for manual transmission isn't out yet.
    I would guess that the stock manual shift knob may be the same fit as on the manual Vs. Check with Luke at Lindsay Cadillac for the best prices you'll find and he may be able to help you on the manual shift matter...

JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts
    Now if you do not have paddle shifter on you current steering wheel and buy the one with them will they be functional ?? Cause then I'm sold ..

h3rmes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

tried this, the paddles don't work. i have to figure out if it is programming related or a hardwire that is missing from the transmission tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by h3rmes View Post
    tried this, the paddles don't work. i have to figure out if it is programming related or a hardwire that is missing from the transmission tunnel.
    it's likely simply hardware. Search some of the G8 or camaro boards. there are several threads on people adding paddles from the 6L80E's gear selector.

I'm sure it's nearly identical.

h3rmes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

it's likely simply hardware. Search some of the G8 or camaro boards. there are several threads on people adding paddles from the 6L80E's gear selector.

I'm sure it's nearly identical.
    Yeah, checked the Camaro boards. They seem to think is a BCM software update to enable the radio control buttons. I haven't seen any requirements for a hard wire yet.

----------

Folks,

Here is the Camaro how to thread. I think if you can buy an ATS steering wheel with the paddles installed, I bet it is only going be a software update.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73511

----------

Does anyone know if the ATS uses a similar BCM like the Camaro? Also anyone have access to the GM Techline website? I bet if someone looked this up, we might find an easy software update that the dealer could do, and I would happily pay for the update.

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

We just installed a suede wheel on one of the cars here in the dealership. Very nice. Not sure if I prefer it over the leather wheel as our leather is so incredibly soft. But looks great none the less.
    Attached Images

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I much prefer alcantera in our Mustang to the leather.

But I think the ATS alcantera wheel is unattractive because of the high gloss surfaces in the spokes. I don't believe any designer would set out to create that combination. From a feel standpoint, its would be much superior (if you can get past the looks). Fortunately I am spared the decision because they don't even sell the Alcantera in brownstone.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Not digging it from the photos. Looks out of place. Something I would have to see in person. I'm sure it feels real nice!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

n...n...no...

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

How can I order one? It's not on the GM accessories website. Did they took it down?

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by derek98z View Post
    We just installed a suede wheel on one of the cars here in the dealership. Very nice. Not sure if I prefer it over the leather wheel as our leather is so incredibly soft. But looks great none the less.
    Does the wheel come with any electronics - my dealer thinks it comes with the buttons and such - so once I buy it, it's mine and I can't return it once I take delivery...

Also, does it work with the heated wheel option? I see the button on the wheel in that car, but that could be the stock buttons....

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    Does the wheel come with any electronics - my dealer thinks it comes with the buttons and such - so once I buy it, it's mine and I can't return it once I take delivery...

Also, does it work with the heated wheel option? I see the button on the wheel in that car, but that could be the stock buttons....
    It clearly still has the button, which is surprising. I would presume to say it then has the function.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.