The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released! - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; If you're reading about this upgrade and the even the slightest THOUGHT of "hm whatta'bout my warrenty" crossed your mind, ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released

If you're reading about this upgrade and the even the slightest THOUGHT of

"hm whatta'bout my warrenty"

crossed your mind, then just forget about buying this.

Pfadt Engineering is offline Authorized Vendor PLATINUM
    Automobile(s): The Pfadt ATS

Re: The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released

Quote Originally Posted by sqkid89 View Post
    There's always give and take when it comes to modding. Do you want reliability and coverage from the dealer for when things go wrong, or do you want every last bit of performance? Stuff like exhaust, CAI, etc are minor changes that do not come with the higher chance of breaking things. Rewriting a PCM and bigger turbos come with a higher risk factor but much higher performance and fun.

When you compound this with the fact we have a first year model with a first year engine, bugs are bound to show up. Having owned a 97 Grand Prix GTP and an 08 G8 prior to purchasing my ATS, I consider myself a glutton for punishment.

For those who want to be on the cutting edge, you have to weigh the pros and cons of modding. Don't let me stand in anybody's way and I highly encourage aftermarket progress. Just make sure you're informed beforehand on what is your end goal and what some of the risks are getting there.
    Our engineers made sure we just didn't smack some giant turbo on the ATS and hope for the best. It is a very reliable, and downright exhilaration package. But I agree, the more you modify your car, the more risk you have of a dealer not wanting to warranty certain components.
    Aaron Pfadt
    Pfadt Race Engineering
    888-972-2464
    www.pfadtracing.com
    info@pfadtracing.com

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Aaron-

Are you guys ready/able/willing to provide pictures of the system?

Also, are you guys willing to provide pricing on individual components/upgrades for those of us not quite willing or ready to push the warranty?

And if you guys aren't ready yet... Any idea when you'll be ready to provide pics and prices?

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

^^^^
    this

bollyjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

anything i can add to my Luxary Trim 3.6L V6?

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Pfadt Engineering View Post
    Our engineers made sure we just didn't smack some giant turbo on the ATS and hope for the best. It is a very reliable, and downright exhilaration package. But I agree, the more you modify your car, the more risk you have of a dealer not wanting to warranty certain components.
    From everything I've seen of you guys, your stuff appears top notch and well designed. If it was in the budget, I would definitely be debating your kit. I just wanted to make sure those out there new to the idea of modding cars understand there are trade offs (mainly warranty and service) when you start making major power upgrades.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

seems like caddy has arrived, i hope you guys take advantage of this if you can

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

How big do you think we can go before we need to touch the internals? Is the 2.0 stout enough in stock trim to handle a turbo that puts 450HP to the ground?

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    How big do you think we can go before we need to touch the internals? Is the 2.0 stout enough in stock trim to handle a turbo that puts 450HP to the ground?
    That's a highly debatable question. There are guys out there with fbodies with hypo pistons that nuke at 6psi in a thousand miles and others that run 10psi for tens of thousands of miles without issue.

Will it last 200,000 miles without rebuild? Good question. My question would be does the transmission and rear end also handle that power? Time will tell. I have confidence Pfadt did well with their design - and the LNF just serves as evidence that GM overbuilds the snot out of the boosted ecotecs - but 450hp might be a little too "Hugh strung" if you expect 150k without a rebuild.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

I'm looking for around 330-340 rwhp. That is almost what my stock '08 Corvette dynoed at before upgrades. If I want more I will go ATS-V and get the warranty.

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I'm looking for around 330-340 rwhp. That is almost what my stock '08 Corvette dynoed at before upgrades. If I want more I will go ATS-V and get the warranty.
    agreed!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    That's a highly debatable question. There are guys out there with fbodies with hypo pistons that nuke at 6psi in a thousand miles and others that run 10psi for tens of thousands of miles without issue.

Will it last 200,000 miles without rebuild? Good question. My question would be does the transmission and rear end also handle that power? Time will tell. I have confidence Pfadt did well with their design - and the LNF just serves as evidence that GM overbuilds the snot out of the boosted ecotecs - but 450hp might be a little too "Hugh strung" if you expect 150k without a rebuild.
    Egg-selent post...

pkhalafian is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Am I missing something? Their website has no pricing and all the links are broken!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.