The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Psykostevo Is Trifecta the only tuning software out there for the ATS at the moment? Vtuner might ...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released

Quote Originally Posted by Psykostevo View Post
    Is Trifecta the only tuning software out there for the ATS at the moment?
    Vtuner might not use Trifecta.

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Re: The ATS reaches new heights- Pfadt's highly anticipated turbo kit is now released

Even better. Return to stock before you turn it back in and then sell the used parts. LOL

----------

KPE has a tune also, but they never answer their phone or respond to emails... So I went with (trifecta) through BNR.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Vtuner might not use Trifecta.
    Brian has his own tune, uses handheld tuner and EFI Live software. Handheld can hold up to eight tunes and flashes in around 30 seconds, very handy!

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

Even better. Return to stock before you turn it back in and then sell the used parts. LOL

----------

I could do that but I want free oil change. Lol

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    It's going to be hard to hide that exhaust manifold on a leased car!

oh like any normal dealer will know what a stock manifold looks like, and on top of that, I'm sure the headshield can still be made to fit back over.

turbo2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Are other dealerships in other parts of the country more conservative than here in Texas? We have no problems fully covering warranty on a V that shows up with headers, exhaust, intake, and pulleys. Obviously there are limits to what we can do, but for the most part it comes across as people have no idea that they can't just void your warranty for bolt ons or little upgrades. If you do this full kit on your ATS you probably won't find a dealer that will still warranty the componets that have been modified, but if you could just do the intake, down pipe, exhaust manifold, and an exhaust system there is no reason in the world that your warranty should even be put into question. My big question now is will these componets be available to work with a stock turbo?

Pfadt Engineering is offline Authorized Vendor PLATINUM
    Automobile(s): The Pfadt ATS

----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619 View Post
    KPE has a tune also, but they never answer their phone or respond to emails... So I went with (trifecta) through BNR.
    And you really can't go wrong with Trifecta. They have been the king-of-the-hill when it comes to the 2.0
    Aaron Pfadt
    Pfadt Race Engineering
    888-972-2464
    www.pfadtracing.com
    info@pfadtracing.com

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Pfadt

I emailed you regarding pricing on your inter cooler and downpipe.

Still waiting on your reply?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    Are other dealerships in other parts of the country more conservative than here in Texas? We have no problems fully covering warranty on a V that shows up with headers, exhaust, intake, and pulleys. Obviously there are limits to what we can do, but for the most part it comes across as people have no idea that they can't just void your warranty for bolt ons or little upgrades. If you do this full kit on your ATS you probably won't find a dealer that will still warranty the componets that have been modified, but if you could just do the intake, down pipe, exhaust manifold, and an exhaust system there is no reason in the world that your warranty should even be put into question. My big question now is will these componets be available to work with a stock turbo?

We will offer all of our components in an OEM compatible stage as well. So if you want just want to add some spark to your drive, but keep the turbo stock, I've got you covered! The goal was to get these cars to match the excitement of the driver. Mix & Match, and I highly doubt a dealership will have an issue with some simple bolt ons
    kmb32687 and kmb32687 like this.
    Aaron Pfadt
    Pfadt Race Engineering
    888-972-2464
    www.pfadtracing.com
    info@pfadtracing.com

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    Pfadt

I emailed you regarding pricing on your inter cooler and downpipe.

Still waiting on your reply?
    Let me check my emails, I'll get right back to you.
    Aaron Pfadt
    Pfadt Race Engineering
    888-972-2464
    www.pfadtracing.com
    info@pfadtracing.com

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I keep reading posts from those who are concerned about voiding their warranty. None thus far have mentioned the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which is a law in the U.S. It provides protections for consumers and supports the Federal Trade Commission in its enforcement. You can look up the whole act but one of the provisions states: “Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.” And another provision states: “…the warrantor may not impose any limitation on the duration of any implied warranty on the product.”

This act is commonly discussed in other forums where vehicle modifications are proposed. Bert

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is nice and all, until you have an issue. If diagnosis points to the modifications causing the failure, your warranty is void. If there's a sign that you've been into the PCM, the dealer has every right to void your warranty on near everything in the drivetrain. A bigger turbo increases the chances you're going to break something. A dealer knows this too. People are just being cautious, that's all. Would I love this kit. Huge yes. but until the warranty is up on my vehicle, not risking reliability.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

i heard its better to do a major mod like this on a fresh engine. if you wait for warranty to be over, will that still be safe?

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

There's always give and take when it comes to modding. Do you want reliability and coverage from the dealer for when things go wrong, or do you want every last bit of performance? Stuff like exhaust, CAI, etc are minor changes that do not come with the higher chance of breaking things. Rewriting a PCM and bigger turbos come with a higher risk factor but much higher performance and fun.

When you compound this with the fact we have a first year model with a first year engine, bugs are bound to show up. Having owned a 97 Grand Prix GTP and an 08 G8 prior to purchasing my ATS, I consider myself a glutton for punishment.

For those who want to be on the cutting edge, you have to weigh the pros and cons of modding. Don't let me stand in anybody's way and I highly encourage aftermarket progress. Just make sure you're informed beforehand on what is your end goal and what some of the risks are getting there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.