Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy - Page 19
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by donavo not all auto trans guys got updated though. some of them had the power from the ...
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Re: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    not all auto trans guys got updated though. some of them had the power from the first tune. but Siren says the updated tune is night and day compared to the tune he got first. that makes me wonder if the tune he got first was anything at all....because for it to be night and day comparing old tune vs updated tune, then the old tune might as well be stock. cuz for me right now, tune to stock is not even night and day. on top of that, at the end of the group buy when everyone got their tunes, everyone pretty much was very happy with the tune. meaning it was definitely better than stock. what im saying is that basically i think everyone got about the same power boost. now this updated tune for a certain people seems to be a bit better. so if u follow me so far, i do think everyone got the same exact power boost with the first tune, and now a certain number of people have the updated, better tune. thats just my opinion though.
    Hey all

Dunno but I have seen to separate STIs both bone stock take OTS(off the shelf) MAPS/tunes on dyno with a 20-30 awhp difference on back to back dyno pulls. Unless you get a protune or datalog and update tune not every car gets dialled in the same way.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Thanks. I was asking to get a feel for how forthcoming a company is about that kind of thing.

To BNR: Can you explain why you didn't inform automatic transmission customers they weren't getting the same power as the manual trans customers?

TIA

I honestly don't know. My understanding from Trifecta is that there isn't a commanded torque or anything that we're trying to hit, it was just something that was causing them not to make the same power. It wasn't planned that way and we weren't purposely giving people less power than other people or anything. I personally think it may have been something in the way the auto limits the torque, they must have found something to change to make the same power come in and stay in. And then they also said they rolled in some TCM updates that were put out by GM. I really don't know more than that, but really it doesn't matter as everyone is making great power now it seems. This only affected 4-5 people from what I understand, and it was taken care of. Maybe it was something in those particular car's OS, who knows.

And donavo IS making good power. I'm showing 300HP and 340TQ even though his intake temps are over 150*F

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post

And donavo IS making good power. I'm showing 300HP and 340TQ even though his intake temps are over 150*F
    This at the wheels or Crank?

It's as calculated by the ECM. Probably crank. It would be a good bit higher if it wasnt 150 degree air

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Did you upgrade the 3.6L tune?

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I apologize if this has been asked, but does the trifecta tune negatively impact fuel efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
    Did you upgrade the 3.6L tune?
    No, only certain VINs with the auto and 2.0T were updated

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked, but does the trifecta tune negatively impact fuel efficiency?
    Nope, fuel economy will either go up a couple MPGs or remain the same (most likely will go down at first as you won't be able to keep your foot out of it!)

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    I honestly don't know. My understanding from Trifecta is that there isn't a commanded torque or anything that we're trying to hit, it was just something that was causing them not to make the same power. It wasn't planned that way and we weren't purposely giving people less power than other people or anything. I personally think it may have been something in the way the auto limits the torque, they must have found something to change to make the same power come in and stay in. And then they also said they rolled in some TCM updates that were put out by GM. I really don't know more than that, but really it doesn't matter as everyone is making great power now it seems. This only affected 4-5 people from what I understand, and it was taken care of. Maybe it was something in those particular car's OS, who knows.
    Thanks. I'm glad to hear it was an unforeseen issue.

Follow up question: Do you or Trifecta now know whether the same thing could happen to new auto trans customers? So basically, is it a known cause that has been eliminated from new tunes or something a customer won't know until they install it and then need to get it fixed somehow?

And if Trifecta now knows what cars would have been affected, do you know if it was cars built early, late or certain date range or maybe some specific option on the cars? I realize this last question is mostly an academic one so not really on-topic.

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

I have a gauge that reads out delivered torque so I can see the day to day differences in power and they are BIG. Intake temps change the power a lot. I talked to Vince and did some logging for him for the tcm and he said 10 deg intake makes a difference. I see as much as 30 to50 ft# difference in torque on a cold start vs driving for awhile and stopping and having car heatsoak. I see 350ft# with 75 deg ambient and no heat soak. The Solstice IC was poor, not sure about ours as I have not looked closely at it yet but a new one and an intake would help BUTan intake needs to be tuned so one from BNR or Trifecca would be best.

roadpie4u is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    I see as much as 30 to50 ft# difference in torque on a cold start vs driving for awhile and stopping and having car heatsoak.
    Interesting that there is so much of a difference with heat soak without even going to the desert... i wonder what the stock tune did about heat - was it tuned from GM to just work around it, or is the intercooler (or airflow over it) undersized for 350hp, making an intercooler upgrade nearly a "must have"? Frank, you should convince Pfadt to let you borrow one of their FMICs for unbiased data logging. Lol.

I wonder if the intercooler setup on the ATS-V will have a single inlet or a dual inlet...

mpower22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any chance we can get another goup buy going? I'm looking for this in the next month

Nite_Hawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I wonder if the trans has torque management tuned in like on f-bodies or the tbss? You can reduce it through a tune.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    I have a gauge that reads out delivered torque so I can see the day to day differences in power and they are BIG. Intake temps change the power a lot. I talked to Vince and did some logging for him for the tcm and he said 10 deg intake makes a difference. I see as much as 30 to50 ft# difference in torque on a cold start vs driving for awhile and stopping and having car heatsoak. I see 350ft# with 75 deg ambient and no heat soak. The Solstice IC was poor, not sure about ours as I have not looked closely at it yet but a new one and an intake would help BUTan intake needs to be tuned so one from BNR or Trifecca would be best.
    The stock ATS turbo I-C is located sandwiched between the radiator and the A/C condenser. Not a very good place to put it make it efficient. Pfadt's FMIC will solve that problem. They also may offer an upgraded I-C that goes in the factory position.

malaka1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Can I still get a deal on this?

It's too late to get in on this one as it's been over for a while. We may do another sale sometime later this year but can't promise anything. It's well worth it even at full price though!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.