Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy - Page 17
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; If you have a manual it will only write once, ECM tune only. If you have an automatic, you'll see ...
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

If you have a manual it will only write once, ECM tune only.

If you have an automatic, you'll see a box asking for custom engine, custom transmission, stock engine, stock transmission. Underneath those options you will see a check box that says "Auto Program Transmission after Engine tuning" or something like that. If you leave it checked EZFlash will flash the engine, then the transmission.

MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    If u reread my orig post after installing tune, I mentioned it got to 100% and I thought it was done but on its own it started a 2nd write cycle
    starting back at 0% and 10-15 min later getting too 100% and THEN EZFlash said finished. Jerry at BNR explained it as the 2nd write cycle was
    tuning the trans. Manual guys will have 1 write cycle and be done in about 15 min
    The second cycle for the trans is much quicker than the first. Thought I would mention it since I was getting impatient during the first cycle.

Now we get D1 to D6 in our sport o on dash in lower rh side.
    Is this only in certain trims? I check last night and this morning and I only have the 'D'.

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by MyersBalls View Post
    Is this only in certain trims? I check last night and this morning and I only have the 'D'.
    Not sure. I do have premium trim but that should not matter. Only D shows in tour mode. You must hit mode button by shifter and dash will show change to
    sport mode and u will get green S and after a couple sec the D1 to D6 depending on what gear u are in.

f

Not sure. I do have premium trim but that should not matter. Only D shows in tour mode. You must hit mode button by shifter and dash will show change to
    sport mode and u will get green S and after a couple sec the D1 to D6 depending on what gear u are in.

f
    Is this when you are using the manual shift mode of automatic or regular automatic transmission?

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by MyersBalls View Post
    Is this when you are using the manual shift mode of automatic or regular automatic transmission?
    If I use manual shift mode stock and tuned both give you a BIG M1 to M6 but in reg auto mode u get the green S and M1 to M6.
    I will double check next time in car

mtinaza is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Install went and expected and can notice a lot more responsiveness from the line. Anyone have problems data logging? I've seen the procedure but cannot get the screen for "start" button. it just stays on the main menu screen. And the Trifecta screen hangs. I have to end task...

BTW, I was only able to do it the first time but wasn't able to run cycles (driving) so I wanted to log again.

----------

Nevermind...I just retuned the car and went through the original procedures and was able to data log.

----------

If I use manual shift mode stock and tuned both give you a BIG M1 to M6 but in reg auto mode u get the green S and M1 to M6.
    I will double check next time in car
    In manual mode I get the BIG M1 to M6 (how it was stock) but in regular auto mode w/Sport mode on I get green S but no M1 to M6 unless I use paddle shifter to manually shift which is no difference than it was before. Are you saying that it's doing something different that I didn't notice?

I have the performance trim, not premium (so no Heads up display)

Just curious now...

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Installed tune today and man does it feel quick it chirps tires in second gear. Car is much more responsive and pulls harder just like everyone else said. I did not drive it too much but definitely noticeable difference. Also I want to say BNR support is unbelievable. Had some issue with set up. went home send an email by the time I was outside Jerry called me on a Saturday Night. Can you ask for more ?

CADILIKENYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

i am super jealous!! i get my ATS 2.0T manual on Monday (standard Trim) with a bunch of adds. I read every post on this thread and feel as tho i dont have enough information. Im not really car/computer savy and have never done any electronic mods to any of my cars. I do have a long history of GM car issues with frequent visits to the dealership. I have a big fear losing my warranty. I understand that it is possible to flash back to stock but i think i need to see it to believe it. Are there any videos out there showing the tuning and reversal process? I will gladly dish out the money for the tune and cable at full cost if it will work. AND the million dollar question of whether or not i can do it myself. I live in NYC and have 93 octane readily available at most gas stations. Can someone help/offer support. I intend on doing some D3 body mods which is what brought me to Trifecta followed by finding this thread. D3 is charging $629 for what seems to be the same thing that is offered here. Am i mis understanding it. sorry for being ignorant but im trying to eduMacate myself! thanks for the continued support.

That is correct, we offer the same tune for $315. You also need the red cable, which is $150. Here's the info you need to know about ezflash, as well as a how-to video- http://store.badnewsracing.net/EZ-Flash_ep_40.html
    CADILIKENYC likes this.

A quick note for some of you- Anybody that has a VIN starting with 1G6AA, has an automatic transmission, has the 2.0T engine, and purchased during the BNR ATS Group Buy should contact us for an update.

We've recently made some new advances on those particular tunes and are also going to include some new GM updates. Please PM me here to get the update.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Had a fun idea for BNR.....is there any way the tune can unlock competitive mode for us non MRC owners, that would be so sweet, and just the push i need to go buy a new laptop so i can buy and implement the tune....just a thought

Jerry just send you PM to get my updated file

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Jerry just send you PM to get my updated file
    Your gonna love it!

much improved ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.