Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy - Page 16
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Glad you like it Frank (you spoke to me on the phone)! The reason it takes so long is because ...
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

Glad you like it Frank (you spoke to me on the phone)! The reason it takes so long is because we are doing a complete OS rewrite, not just a partial flash for jus a couple values like the COBB does. EFILive tuning and HPTuners is the same way, only a few seconds to flash just a few changes to the stock program. After the initial flash of our custom OS to the ECM, updates will be much faster as they will flash in the same manner- just a few changes to what is already there.

It will take longer for the automatics than the manuals as it will flash the ECM, and then the TCM. The manual cars will only take like 15 mins or so to flash initially depending on your computer hardware. I've had people with really old hardware tell me it takes an hour plus to flash, but on a current PC it shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    Glad you like it Frank (you spoke to me on the phone)! The reason it takes so long is because we are doing a complete OS rewrite, not just a partial flash for jus a couple values like the COBB does. EFILive tuning and HPTuners is the same way, only a few seconds to flash just a few changes to the stock program. After the initial flash of our custom OS to the ECM, updates will be much faster as they will flash in the same manner- just a few changes to what is already there.

It will take longer for the automatics than the manuals as it will flash the ECM, and then the TCM. The manual cars will only take like 15 mins or so to flash initially depending on your computer hardware. I've had people with really old hardware tell me it takes an hour plus to flash, but on a current PC it shouldn't take anywhere near that long.
    Thanks for reply. Would be curious about the changes to trans without getting into trade secrets. It felt
    good especially on launch. When I talked to Vince he said the auto slip rpm was elec set and thus
    programmable but not sure if that is ready for prime time. Good to know trans was included in tune.

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

Thanks Frank good to hear you like it so far and thanks for posting. That's awesome that you have the gauge so we actually measure the improvement and document it. You drive a auto correct? If we could use it on a 6 speed to see if the problems with the tune were fixed or to see if there is any difference in output it would be sweet.

romanats is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

I thought the tune only works in Sport Mode

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    I thought the tune only works in Sport Mode
    Sorry, I mistyped and have fixed my post. Fingers got ahead of brain.

I have auto and thus tour mode=stock and sport mode=tune. And it works just like that and on the fly anytime.

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    Put my tune in and it took better part of 1/2 hr to do as it read/writes twice. Once it got to 100% 1st time, then flashed a quick message on screen
    that I could not read fast enough, then did another read/write cycle.

couple things: 1st- the 1st cpu I tried to use kept giving font errors. EZ needs 96 dpi and no mather how I adj res etc I could not see accept box in custom tune EZ program. All other EZ boxes ok. Changed to different cpu and all went well. 2nd- when you hold down start for 5 sec, dash segments all light up but no message u are in service mode

OK- How does it work. VERY GOOD. I have a OBDII gauge so I can read out all engine parameters so I set it to read boost and knock retard.
    For a quick best comparison, put it in 3rd gear and set rpm to about 3000. In tour mode or stock, wot at 3000 yields 13-16 psi and no knock.
    In sport or tune mode, I see 20-22.5 psi and a couple deg knock retard. Car lifts up in front because it is pulling so hard.
    Wot from a start gives more boost than stock thus pulling harder- feels great. I will have to record some runs with my gauge and play them back to
    get more exact numbers. Gauge can read out mass air flow and torque directly so will record those to. Stock gave 30 #/min which cals to 260.8
    ft #, the # GM gives for stock.

Make SURE your cpu has ALL power saving shutoff before u program. U do not want it to go to sleep 1/2 way thru programming.
    I'm excited. Still waiting on my cable

MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Anyone else having problems with the Microsoft site? Trying to DL the .NET framework and only half of the Microsoft page is displaying.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by MyersBalls View Post
    Anyone else having problems with the Microsoft site? Trying to DL the .NET framework and only half of the Microsoft page is displaying.
    same exact thing on my end. bothered me until i found out if you have windows 7 or vista you dont need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    same exact thing on my end. bothered me until i found out if you have windows 7 or vista you dont need to do that.
    Thanks for the info. I was able to load my tune and I there is a noticeable difference. Can't wait to data log and dial it in even more.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by MyersBalls View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was able to load my tune and I there is a noticeable difference. Can't wait to data log and dial it in even more.
    can u go in detail about that in the trifecta tune review thread? or make ur own review thread? id love to get specific details.

A bonus in tune for those with automatics. The 2nd read/write cycle tunes up the trans and it feels to me that most of the delay in throttle response
    from torque management is gone.
    For those with automatics, we now get a green S showing we are in sport/tune mode AND we get a D with 1-6 depending on gear. VERY NICE since I like
    seeing the gear I am in but u got that in the headsup only in manual mode. Now we get D1 to D6 in our sport o on dash in lower rh side.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    can u go in detail about that in the trifecta tune review thread? or make ur own review thread? id love to get specific details.
    As soon as I have more details to share I'd be happy to.

Now we get D1 to D6 in our sport o on dash in lower rh side.
    I didn't even notice that. I feel like going for another ride just to see it.

romanats is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

A bonus in tune for those with automatics. The 2nd read/write cycle tunes up the trans and it feels to me that most of the delay in throttle response
    from torque management is gone.
    For those with automatics, we now get a green S showing we are in sport/tune mode AND we get a D with 1-6 depending on gear. VERY NICE since I like
    seeing the gear I am in but u got that in the headsup only in manual mode. Now we get D1 to D6 in our sport o on dash in lower rh side.
    Can you explain to me The 2nd read/write cycle means ? you mean we have to update the file 2 x in order for the tcm to get updates?

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Can you explain to me The 2nd read/write cycle means ? you mean we have to update the file 2 x in order for the tcm to get updates?
    If u reread my orig post after installing tune, I mentioned it got to 100% and I thought it was done but on its own it started a 2nd write cycle
    starting back at 0% and 10-15 min later getting too 100% and THEN EZFlash said finished. Jerry at BNR explained it as the 2nd write cycle was
    tuning the trans. Manual guys will have 1 write cycle and be done in about 15 min

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.