Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy - Page 14
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Got mine too actually. Now the tune.......
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

Got mine too actually. Now the tune....

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

Quote Originally Posted by zedsded View Post
    I'm not BNR nor do I play them on TV but I received an email a day or two after getting my cable. It had download instructions for the tune file.
    Lol. I wonder if they send out a generic tune for all ATS's or if they do slight alterations to each tune. Not rushing or anything just want to know the process and why it's not sent right away. Hopefully they go thru each tune independently...

----------

BTW Ive been going over the tune install repeatedly so I don't ruin my ECM. Ive read about people hooking the car battery to a charger so that the voltage doesn't drop during the install which can mess up the writing process. Anyone have any experience with this and know how necessary it is? Also make sure you install your tune with the car in "Service Only Mode" which is selected by pressing and holding the PUSH START button for five seconds without pressing the brake pedal (I believe). If anyone can chime in and confirm or has any previous experience tuning with EZ flash please chime in.

mtinaza is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also had a question or rather clarification. i'm assuming that any version of .NET 3.5 and above will work w/o conflict. I'm running v4.5 and just want to make sure future versions have been tested as well.

ATS_maxblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ATS 2.0T

I am in the same city at BNR so probably why I got it really quick. Still waiting on my tune though.

pbot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ATScape View Post
    Lol. I wonder if they send out a generic tune for all ATS's or if they do slight alterations to each tune. Not rushing or anything just want to know the process and why it's not sent right away. Hopefully they go thru each tune independently...

----------

BTW Ive been going over the tune install repeatedly so I don't ruin my ECM. Ive read about people hooking the car battery to a charger so that the voltage doesn't drop during the install which can mess up the writing process. Anyone have any experience with this and know how necessary it is? Also make sure you install your tune with the car in "Service Only Mode" which is selected by pressing and holding the PUSH START button for five seconds without pressing the brake pedal (I believe). If anyone can chime in and confirm or has any previous experience tuning with EZ flash please chime in.
    Seems like overkill to hook up a charger but I was surprised how long it took to finish both flash passes. Using an old netbook, it was close to an hour. Maybe a decent laptop would be faster. Even without the tune, you can install EZ flash, make sure you can connect and read the vehicle details.

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by mtinaza View Post
    I also had a question or rather clarification. i'm assuming that any version of .NET 3.5 and above will work w/o conflict. I'm running v4.5 and just want to make sure future versions have been tested as well.
    I went to www.wot-tuning.com, a sub web site of Trifeca Performance and downloaded the latest version of the software EZ Flash that u need to
    load the tune when it arrives. It is version 1.6.17.0 last updated today at 1;59 PM. iT SAYS VER 3.5 OF net.
    Site also has the drivers that u need with red cable and EZ Flash. Here is link
    http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/files/file/1-ez-flash/

frank

PS got my cable today.
    PPS: I suspect this info will probably come with the tune but provide it for those who are interested and want to prepare for when tune arrives.

Thanks for the info. I had all these things ready since last night but didn't know about the update. Now I just wanna confirm how to put the car in service mode, and make sure that's the appropriate mode to tune it.

pbot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ATScape View Post
    Thanks for the info. I had all these things ready since last night but didn't know about the update. Now I just wanna confirm how to put the car in service mode, and make sure that's the appropriate mode to tune it.
    It looks to me as if you hold the start button for 5 secs, the car powers on and the check engine light stays on without releasing the button. If you release before 5 secs, no check engine light. You can double check it since the car will power off after 5 minutes in regular mode.

mtinaza is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the link. It also says, "You may receive a "Setup Error" when performing this first step if the framework is already installed. If you receive a "Setup Error" you may proceed to the next step. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may skip this step." I'm on Win7, and am assuming that Win7 comes pre-installed with .Net 4+ but you know what they say about "assuming". When I click the link it doesn't do anything, not an error, per se'.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    We've paid trifecta for the tunes and sent all the cables out so were just waiting for trifecta to send us the tunes at this point. The day we get them is the day you get them. Trifecta is closed until Tuesday so id say Tuesday is the earliest you can expect the tunes

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by mtinaza View Post
    Thanks for the link. It also says, "You may receive a "Setup Error" when performing this first step if the framework is already installed. If you receive a "Setup Error" you may proceed to the next step. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may skip this step." I'm on Win7, and am assuming that Win7 comes pre-installed with .Net 4+ but you know what they say about "assuming". When I click the link it doesn't do anything, not an error, per se'.
    I'm too scared to try any of this cus of the warranty lol.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    We've paid trifecta for the tunes and sent all the cables out so were just waiting for trifecta to send us the tunes at this point. The day we get them is the day you get them. Trifecta is closed until Tuesday so id say Tuesday is the earliest you can expect the tunes
    Awesome thanks

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

The tune install takes 30-40 minutes, so make sure you are in "Service Only Mode". As stated earlier push and hold the start button (no foot on brake) for 5 seconds. If you watch your DIC, you will see the message come up. Then follow instructions. You don't need to put a charger on the battery.
    The tunes are for auto and manual. After the install you can do a driving "data log" and email it to BNR. Adjustments specific to your car will be made, if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    The tune install takes 30-40 minutes, so make sure you are in "Service Only Mode". As stated earlier push and hold the start button (no foot on brake) for 5 seconds. If you watch your DIC, you will see the message come up. Then follow instructions. You don't need to put a charger on the battery.
    The tunes are for auto and manual. After the install you can do a driving "data log" and email it to BNR. Adjustments specific to your car will be made, if necessary.
    Thanks a lot mikesul. This guy is a great member. He knows his stuff and has been nothing but helpful to me.
    Wow 30 to 40 minutes. I wonder if its the EZ Flash or the ECM writing limit speed that makes it take so long.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

I got my EZ flash cable. Do we need to download anything for the tune prior to actually getting it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.