Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy - Page 12
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by ATScape Crap I shoulda mentioned I live in Fl and I only run 93 Oct. so he ...
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Re: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

Quote Originally Posted by ATScape View Post
    Crap I shoulda mentioned I live in Fl and I only run 93 Oct. so he could just tune for it right off the bat and maybe save some data logging time. Oh well, maybe he noticed Im in Miami and tuned accordingly...
    Shoot em an email I am going to.

rocco11189 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quick question in regards to Sport Mode for manual cars. What is the purpose of sports mode and what does it affect if you have a 2.0T Standard? I know in the higher models the magnetic ride control is affected by sports mode but what does it do in the other cars?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

sport mode in manuals affects the suspension tuning
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    sport mode in manuals affects the suspension tuning
    even for the base models? at what trim level is the magnetic ride included?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

looks like steering is also affected

so for a base model manual trans ATS (without Magneride) the Sport Mode only really affects the steering (apparently)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

what he said ^

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    what he said ^
    so luxury and up has magnetic ride? or base and luxury dont have magnetic ride and performance and premium do?

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    Shoot em an email I am going to.
    Done

Done
    I did too!

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

[QUOTE=ATScape;3314585]Done[/QUOTE

I mentioned that to BNR but I believe the tune comes as Trifeca designed it and not upgraded for better performance and you should not try
    to cut out the dtatalogging and sending data set. These are VERY complex engines and software with many more variables than just boost
    and octane and as such individual engines can vary so the ONLY safe way is to datalog your individual engine and send data to BNR/Trifeca
    and let them adjust the tune on a one and one basis. This is a good thing and I for one am happy they offer the service to the end user. It makes
    for the best and SAFE tune for us.

I mentioned in a previos email about the Aeroforce OBDII gauge that I am going to use to monitor boost ( just to see) and knock retatd ( for safety)
    I did this before with my Solstice GXP and HHR SS and it helped both live long lives. If you have a permanant gauge you can glance at and see if
    you have knock ( possibly bad gas), you can possibly save your engine. BNR says 1.4 turbo guys use a Ultrscan display gauge for only $60 to
    see data on their cars. I asked them if it works with ATS 2.0. No answer yet
    frank
    retired engineer GM race programs

[QUOTE=frankc5r;3314623]
    Done[/QUOTE

I mentioned that to BNR but I believe the tune comes as Trifeca designed it and not upgraded for better performance and you should not try
    to cut out the dtatalogging and sending data set. These are VERY complex engines and software with many more variables than just boost
    and octane and as such individual engines can vary so the ONLY safe way is to datalog your individual engine and send data to BNR/Trifeca
    and let them adjust the tune on a one and one basis. This is a good thing and I for one am happy they offer the service to the end user. It makes

I mentioned in a previos email about the Aeroforce OBDII gauge that I am going to use to monitor boost ( just to see) and knock retatd ( for safety)
    I did this before with my Solstice GXP and HHR SS and it helped both live long lives. If you have a permanant gauge you can glance at and see if
    you have knock ( possibly bad gas), you can possibly save your engine. BNR says 1.4 turbo guys use a Ultrscan display gauge for only $60 to
    frank
    I agree. My STI was street tuned with many pulls on different days until it was dialled in. Each engine is
    Different and some cars run great on factory tunes some dont. It also applies to "off the shelf tunes". I only run 94 on
    All my boosted cars NOT ONLY FOR PERFORMANCE BUT ALSO FOR SAFETY.
    Higher octane lowers risk for knock and let's the tuner lean things out. As the ATS runs rich from the
    Factory running higher octane should yield some gains in torque if the tune can lean her out some especially up top.

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

[QUOTE=frankc5r;3314623]
    Done[/QUOTE

I mentioned in a previxos email about the Aeroforce OBDII gauge that I am going to use to monitor boost ( just to see) and knock retatd ( for safety)
    frank
    Awesome thanks

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You guys can't quote worth a p00p...

ATS_maxblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ATS 2.0T

Got my cable today.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS_maxblack View Post
    Got my cable today.
    what the...? u ordered with the group buy? or b4 the group buy?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.