Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy - Page 11
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'll close the sale in the AM and ship out cables tomorrow...
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    I'll close the sale in the AM and ship out cables tomorrow

rocco11189 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    Yes VIN is required so we can write the tune for the vehicle. It would be required no matter who you got a tune from

You have 2 options with Select-a-tune

1. Automatic cars use sport mode to turn on the tune

2. Manual cars use cruise control, cruise OFF = tune ON

The reason is because we need to grab sport mode data from somewhere to activate the tune and the only place we can get it is the TCM. The manual trans does not have a TCM, therefore no sport mode selector
    I dont understand what is so hard about providing clarification to my 3 previous questions. Is there any other way that manual cars can enable the tune? Can we select to have the tune enabled when cruise control is on instead of off? Losing a sale because I have not received an answer in 3 days, yet you are going to close the group buy!! Awesome customer service!
    gfxbt and gfxbt like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by rocco11189 View Post
    I dont understand what is so hard about providing clarification to my 3 previous questions. Is there any other way that manual cars can enable the tune? Can we select to have the tune enabled when cruise control is on instead of off? Losing a sale because I have not received an answer in 3 days, yet you are going to close the group buy!! Awesome customer service!
    Lmao I'll have to agree with you. I too am curious to see if mt can get a different way to change modes

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Have BNR use the traction OFF/ON button instead? Lol.

sonny@bnr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ill have a answer from vince

----------

i talked to vince no cruise cannt be the other way the only way we can do it is
    cruise on =stock tune cruise off= performance tune

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by sonny@bnr View Post
    ill have a answer from vince

----------

i talked to vince no cruise cannt be the other way the only way we can do it is
    cruise on =stock tune cruise off= performance tune
    i actually prefer this because i doubt u would want the be in performance tune when using cruise control....?

That's correct, you don't want the tune active when you're in cruise control, you want to get better gas mileage so it makes sense to have eco mode be cruise on

----------

Sorry about that, I actually replied to one but it didn't post. I did it from tapatalk on my iphone though so maybe that's why. At any rate the only way it can be done is cruise OFF = tune ON. The GB is closed but the product is still active. I'll leave it up for you for the rest of the day so you can buy it if you want to. It will be processed today if you buy today. The rest of the GB orders are also going to process today. Cables will be shipping today also.
    donavo, donavo, Siren05 and 1 others like this.

rocco11189 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    That's correct, you don't want the tune active when you're in cruise control, you want to get better gas mileage so it makes sense to have eco mode be cruise on

----------

Sorry about that, I actually replied to one but it didn't post. I did it from tapatalk on my iphone though so maybe that's why. At any rate the only way it can be done is cruise OFF = tune ON. The GB is closed but the product is still active. I'll leave it up for you for the rest of the day so you can buy it if you want to. It will be processed today if you buy today. The rest of the GB orders are also going to process today. Cables will be shipping today also.

Thank you very much Sonny and BNR for the response and I understand sometimes our phones are not very reliable. I appreciate the offer to keep it open for me as that is very nice of you! However, having the performance tune enabled full time is sort of a deal breaker for me. I really wish there was another way for the manual cars to select the tune. I will still consider purchasing it in the future but I will not be today.

I do have a question though regarding the tune. If the tune is enabled when cruise control is off, does Sport Mode or Touring mode still have an affect on our cars? Will the tune negate the use of Sport/Touring Modes for all MT ATS's?

No it will not. Those modes do not communicate with the ECM on the manual trans cars, which is why we cannot use them for the selectatune except on the auto trans cars. On the manual trans cars those modes affect only suspension settings

Just to clarify this feature is not required on tunes. You can run the tune all the time if you wanted just like you would get with any competitors tunes

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

FYI. Got my partial delivery notification so things are moving. Thanks BNR.

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

me too got the tracking # for my order

frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Got my USPS tracking today too.

Had a nice talk and there are some cool features in the works especially for automatics since the TC slip is electronica;;y controlled on ATS.

One thing I learned is the ATS tune is for 91 octane since the whole west coast is 91 as the highest normally available fuel. The 2.0 LOVES
    E85 so those that want max HP can opt for that.
    As for those of us who have the luxury of 93 or 94 octane, when you log data and return it to BNR/Trifeca, they will check and if all looks
    well will probably not change boost much if any but give you more timing and thus torque.
    My old LNF had 9-10 deg at wot but this mtr according to BNR is more efficient and thus needs less timing showing about 5 deg at wot.
    Interesting stuff.
    BNR ( Jerry) give me reference to an Aeroforcetech Interceptor OBDII gauge that will readout all sorts of data like boost and knock retard, log
    it for later review and can plot and send to web like I did with Dashhawk when I 1st got ATS ( early post). Buying one.
    frank

Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.

Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    Got my USPS tracking today too.

Had a nice talk and there are some cool features in the works especially for automatics since the TC slip is electronica;;y controlled on ATS.

One thing I learned is the ATS tune is for 91 octane since the whole west coast is 91 as the highest normally available fuel. The 2.0 LOVES
    E85 so those that want max HP can opt for that.
    As for those of us who have the luxury of 93 or 94 octane, when you log data and return it to BNR/Trifeca, they will check and if all looks
    well will probably not change boost much if any but give you more timing and thus torque.
    My old LNF had 9-10 deg at wot but this mtr according to BNR is more efficient and thus needs less timing showing about 5 deg at wot.
    Interesting stuff.
    BNR ( Jerry) give me reference to an Aeroforcetech Interceptor OBDII gauge that will readout all sorts of data like boost and knock retard, log
    it for later review and can plot and send to web like I did with Dashhawk when I 1st got ATS ( early post). Buying one.
    frank
    Great I only run 94.. Once I datalog I will inform BNR

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

Crap I shoulda mentioned I live in Fl and I only run 93 Oct. so he could just tune for it right off the bat and maybe save some data logging time. Oh well, maybe he noticed Im in Miami and tuned accordingly...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.