Oil Leak
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Oil Leak in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey Folks, I picked up my ATS 2.0T AWD on Monday. It seems to have a small oil leak. No ...
    RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Oil Leak

Hey Folks,
    I picked up my ATS 2.0T AWD on Monday. It seems to have a small oil leak. No level change just "oil dots" on my garage floor. You smell it burning off the motor as well. Taking it in Monday morning. I haven't owned a GM in 25 years, love the car but very disappointed. Issues like this was the reason for me leaving in '88.
    Has anyone had this issue?

AL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: Oil Leak

Some ATS's with AWD had a transfer case oil line connection that was loose, allowing a leak. I didn't have a leak but my dealer checked the oil line anyway. There's a service bull item on it. Check with your dealer. Bert

Thanks Bertha!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RemaxAl View Post
    Hey Folks,
    I picked up my ATS 2.0T AWD on Monday. It seems to have a small oil leak. No level change just "oil dots" on my garage floor. You smell it burning off the motor as well. Taking it in Monday morning. I haven't owned a GM in 25 years, love the car but very disappointed. Issues like this was the reason for me leaving in '88.
    Has anyone had this issue?

AL
    Hello RemaxAl,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue! We are glad to hear you decided to choose a GM vehicle after25 years, especially a Cadillac I understand how this can be frustrating for you. Let us know how your dealership visit goes. We want to make sure you are satisfied with your vehicle!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Here we go! It's an oil leak, can't find where it's coming from. Put die in the oil, going to check it in a couple days!!! Not a happy camper.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Brand new car, full warranty....why don't you just bring it in?

I did take it in. They put die in the oil. Going back in a couple of days to get it checked.

Dealer had my car all week. Replaced rear main seal. All seems to be good. Here's to hoping.

Dealer had my car all week. Replaced rear main seal. All seems to be good. Here's to hoping.
    Hey RemaxAl,

I am happy to hear that your vehicle has been repaired by your dealership. I hope that has solved your problem with the oil leak. If it doesn’t then private message us and we would be more than happy to work with you about this concern. Thanks for giving us all an update!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Montesir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Hi.. Any update on the leak? Still there or gone? I'm facing the same issue.

Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile with your birthdate, vehicle owned, approximate location and time zone (Do you really live in London ?).

Oil leak never returned ATS works great. Just a few rattles and squeaking brakes pretty good for a CHEV!

We'll took my ATS to the dealer to check out the small oil leak. Dealer kept the car over the weekend. Oil was down to 50% when I turned in the car with 3000 km on the car. Got the car back yesterday. There is still an occasional smell of burning oil. I'm wondering if it's residue from the earlier leak. No leaks observed on the floor for now. The dealer didn't bother to top up despite having coverage for oil and basic service.

Will keep an eye on it for a few days and update.

Oil leak never returned ATS works great. Just a few rattles and squeaking brakes pretty good for a CHEV!
    Hello RemaxAL,

I am glad to hear that that the oil leak never returned and that your ATS is working great now! Thanks for keeping us updated! Please be sure to reach out to our Customer Care team in Canada if you have any future questions or concerns. I hope you are enjoying your ATS!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Montesir View Post
    We'll took my ATS to the dealer to check out the small oil leak. Dealer kept the car over the weekend. Oil was down to 50% when I turned in the car with 3000 km on the car. Got the car back yesterday. There is still an occasional smell of burning oil. I'm wondering if it's residue from the earlier leak. No leaks observed on the floor for now. The dealer didn't bother to top up despite having coverage for oil and basic service.

Will keep an eye on it for a few days and update.
    Hello Montesir,

I apologize that your ATS is experiencing the same concern. I do see that you have mentioned kilometers in your post. Are you located outside the United States? I would be more than happy to direct you to the Customer Care team in your region to assist you further with this concern. Please don’t hesitate to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Gregory. I went to the Cadillac dealer in kitchener Ontario today. He told me the smell would dissipate in a day or two as all the residual oil burns off. He also confirmed there was no need to top up at the moment. So I left the dealership quite unsure. Anyway my plan is too look out for any further leaks. Thanks for the help. If the need arises I will get in touch. In the meanwhile for the benefit of cadillac users I will revert with an update in a few days. I love the car it's such a potty that such a small issue has occurred that is causing such inconvenience. At the end of the day it's the customer experience both during and after sale.

ikireland is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Montesir
    Thanks Gregory. I went to the Cadillac dealer in kitchener Ontario today. He told me the smell would dissipate in a day or two as all the residual oil burns off. He also confirmed there was no need to top up at the moment. So I left the dealership quite unsure. Anyway my plan is too look out for any further leaks. Thanks for the help. If the need arises I will get in touch. In the meanwhile for the benefit of cadillac users I will revert with an update in a few days. I love the car it's such a potty that such a small issue has occurred that is causing such inconvenience. At the end of the day it's the customer experience both during and after sale.
    There would be no need to top up....50% is time until oil is broken down and requires changing essentially, not an oil level gauge in case that's what you where thinking.....?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.