ATS Trunk won't open
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS Trunk won't open in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a 2013 ATS 2.0 Turbo and the trunk will not open.My car does not have the rear seat ...
    pcpopcorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

ATS Trunk won't open

I have a 2013 ATS 2.0 Turbo and the trunk will not open.My car does not have the rear seat pass through.If I use the key fob or the button on the inside of the door or the button at the trunk you hear a click but the trunk remains locked.On the display it shows the trunk is open.Is there a way to manually open the trunk with the key that slides out of the key fob?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Re: ATS Trunk won't open

Doesn't it have folding rear seat backs? If so, you should be able to fold the backs and reach the inside emergency trunk release.

I wish it did no it does not.I also thought it had a rear pass through but no the back sead is solid behind the arm rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD View Post
    Doesn't it have folding rear seat backs? If so, you should be able to fold the backs and reach the inside emergency trunk release.

Quote Originally Posted by pcpopcorn View Post
    I wish it did no it does not.I also thought it had a rear pass through but no the back sead is solid behind the arm rest.
    Sounds like it's a 2.0 Standard trim?

Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD View Post
    Sounds like it's a 2.0 Standard trim?
    Luxury AWD 6AM69

Luxury AWD 6AM69
    Believe the luxury & premium trims are suppose to have split folding seat backs while the performance trim has just the pass through. Well at least that's what the Cadillac site indicates. Looking at the owners manual, section 2, would indicate that the release can be reached either through the pass through or by folding down the seat backs. But if you don't have either feature there would not be any way to reach it. Also the manual states the key can be used to open the door and or glove box but doesn't say anything about the trunk.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

pcpopcorn, since you hear a click you may have a misaligned trunk latch. The trunk has a rubber seal so you may be able to open it by pressing down on the trunk lid/brake light while pressing the button. That might release excess pressure on the latch to let it "pop". Bert

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

Same thing happened to me first day I had the car. I just jiggle the trunk while lifting with constant pressure while pressing the open button till it opened. Took it to the dealer but couldn't replicate the problem. Hasn't done it again.

Looked at the ATS and it does not have a keyway for the trunk like the CTS has

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I have a 2013 ATS 2.0 Turbo and the trunk will not open.My car does not have the rear seat pass through.If I use the key fob or the button on the inside of the door or the button at the trunk you hear a click but the trunk remains locked.On the display it shows the trunk is open.Is there a way to manually open the trunk with the key that slides out of the key fob?
    Hello pcpopcorn,

I am sorry you are having difficulties with opening your trunk. Unfortunately the key that slides out of the key fob can only be used for the driver door and glove box. If you are unable to open the trunk from the button inside your vehicle or on the remote keyless entry, I recommend taking your vehicle to the dealership. Your vehicle is still under warranty and they should be able to assist in fixing this concern for you. Please let me know if you decide to take your vehicle to the dealership and the issue is fixed and or if you fix this on your own. I want to make sure your vehicle is working properly. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

I have the performance trim and this happen to me once. I made hook out of an old broom stick 3 zip ties and some duct tape.... Then I reached through the pass through and fished the emergency grab handle for a quick yank and voila, open trunk. Hasn't happen since.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Quote Originally Posted by MyfirstCad View Post
    I have the performance trim and this happen to me once. I made hook out of an old broom stick 3 zip ties and some duct tape.... Then I reached through the pass through and fished the emergency grab handle for a quick yank and voila, open trunk. Hasn't happen since.
    Hey, if you made up a bunch of those, how many would you need to offer a “group buy”? Ξ:^) Bert

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

valet mode?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cisitalia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB

Same thing happened to me. But there was no way to open it with the rear or door push button, even pushing hard on the trunk. I had the fold down seats, so I could easily open it. But when shut it would still not open. Had to take it to the dealer and they adjusted the latching mechanism and no problems since. I thought if you did not have fold down seats, you had the center arm rest pass thru. Hard to believe you don't have it. Good luck.

Badin64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ATS 2.0Turbo 6 Speed Manual. Was somewhat embarrassed picking up car at valet parking and trunk would not open. Tried trunk button, button on door, then key fob. Nothing worked. Had valet put suitcase on rear seat. Later thought, I bet you can't open trunk with motor running. Cadillac could do a lot better in writing their manual. In the mean time, about 20 people thought there must be a problem with a new Caddy. Figured out that with engine running, the parking brake has to be activated or the trunk will not open. This cannot be found in the manual.
    Bertha D Blues likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.