Reset TPMS???
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Reset TPMS??? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Does anyone know how to reset the TPMS on the ATS? I tried looking through the menu and couldnt find ...
    Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Reset TPMS???

Does anyone know how to reset the TPMS on the ATS? I tried looking through the menu and couldnt find anything. Called a local dealer (not where I bought my ats) and they said they would reset it for me for $65, I was like wtf?!?!!! On all my cars I've had either it resets itself or I reset it through the menu. Why not this one??

Help anyone??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: Reset TPMS???

You need to buy a reset tool, which I think costs about what the dealer wants to charge you. Bert

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    You can try the procedure listed in the CTS manual that has to do with certain key fob presses to initiate it, and then deflating/reinflating a certain amount in the correct wheel order. It's not listed in our manual, but it's possible it'll work.
    I just have my dealer do mine when I switch to winter wheels and back, and they said they'd do it free for life.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Since 2010 you need a reset tool.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I can't tell if you have a new set (for winter wheels, etc) or just moved the original ones to different corners on your car. I've seen several posts from owners saying their dealer does this for free while yours is the first to say they wanted to charge. Isn't this needed every time you rotate your tires and isn't rotation free during the warranty period? I'd ask another dealer or put up with having to remember what corner each is really on (assuming this is the original sensors) until the next rotate.

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I switched out my stock 17's for 20's and bought new sensors all around.

After calling my dealer where I bought my car they said bring it by and it literally took 2 minutes and the easily reset my sensors!! Finally no more warning lights on

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2tony3 View Post
    I switched out my stock 17's for 20's and bought new sensors all around.

After calling my dealer where I bought my car they said bring it by and it literally took 2 minutes and the easily reset my sensors!! Finally no more warning lights on
    Hello Y2tony3,

I am happy to hear your warning light issue was fixed! Enjoy driving your vehicle around If you have other questions or concerns please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

anyone has the DIY procedure?
    i'm pretty sure i saw it on this forum before buying my new set of wheels , now that'S it's time to do it i can't find it !

thanks

same2you is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just take it to the dealer... it's much easier. The DIY procedure requires you to put the car into learning mode (I believe it's in the manual somewhere), then to let air out of each tire in a specific sequence so that the ECU will see the sensors. If you take it to the dealer, they just need to pass a transmitter over each wheel... most places will not charge you since it takes all of 3 minutes to do, and wouldn't even require them to bring the car into the mechanic's bay. Alternatively, you can also purchase the transmitter yourself to avoid the headache entirely.

JoeC1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Is there any issue getting the sensors out of the stock wheels to put them in aftermarket ones? I know some runflats can only be done with special equipment but ours look pretty much like regular tires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.