Give them boys at BNR RACING a well deserved slap on the back - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Give them boys at BNR RACING a well deserved slap on the back in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; 300 dollar tune 150 dollar cable 40,000 dollar car. Hmmmm. Lol I am willing to bet the tune BnR has ...
    Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Re: Give them boys at BNR RACING a well deserved slap on the back

300 dollar tune
    150 dollar cable
    40,000 dollar car. Hmmmm. Lol
    I am willing to bet the tune BnR has is gaining 50-70 horse on a stock to lightly modded car! I don't know anyone at BnR, I'm going by what I have seen and done myself with other turbo cars! Factory settings in
    Ecu are as safe as u could possibly imagine! To me 500 dollars for 40-50 horsepower will be the cheapest,
    And netting the most gains for that dollar amount!! Only reson I haven't called and ordered the tune for
    My car yet is because I want to do exhaust and intake first! Guess it really wouldn't matter, and should do a before and after! I have access to an AWD mustang dyno anytime I'd like. The only problem I have is
    Time. I have a shop to manage, and have twin daughters! They consume majority of my time, but my 2
    Year old daughters love sitting in ats and act like there driving!! Even make shifting sound! Ha

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

lets get back on the thread subject. can anyone explain how this "50 hp" gain is possible without screwing something up? to my understanding, they de tuned the car so that people can use 87 gas without problems? i have no idea about any of this so correct me if im wrong. and tuning it to a point where its tuned for 91 octane, and whatever PSI increase BNR has done, will achieve this HP without ruining anything? obviously its not guaranteed but i wouldnt want to do this if it decreases the probable life span of the car down to 50k miles. thats my biggest concern, along with flashing it back to 100% stock for warranty purposes, but that seems to have already been covered.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

If u want economy and reliability don't do nothing to car!!!!
    Or buy a Prius! I'm not meaning to be rude but this is the same reason I got out of doing aftermarket parts and tuning cars! People want 1 million horsepower, 50 miles to gallon, they want car to drive stock, idle at 899 rpm not 905! There is give and take, u can't modify a car and not expect the absolute worst to happen. I personally think the ATS IS capable of making 425-450 horse reliably, do I know that for sure and could anyone guarantee it? NO!! But I would have to say the million upon millions of dollars the gm engineers put into developing the motor, if the lifespan or performance wasn't up to par, they wouldn't produce the turbo 4 banger! I highly doubt the factory 272 horse is pushing it to max for performance and reliability! Bottom line is, if you don't want to break something, don't mash the gas, don't get into modifying or racing cars! I'm sorry if I seem rude, I'm not trying to be!

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

^^
    Preach...

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    lets get back on the thread subject. can anyone explain how this "50 hp" gain is possible without screwing something up? to my understanding, they de tuned the car so that people can use 87 gas without problems? i have no idea about any of this so correct me if im wrong. and tuning it to a point where its tuned for 91 octane, and whatever PSI increase BNR has done, will achieve this HP without ruining anything? obviously its not guaranteed but i wouldnt want to do this if it decreases the probable life span of the car down to 50k miles. thats my biggest concern, along with flashing it back to 100% stock for warranty purposes, but that seems to have already been covered.
    50+HP is a typical gain on a factory turbo car. These cars are detuned to run 87 safely, as you assumed. We increase boost and timing, and do a few other things, and get big gains. I've had my Cobalt SS tuned since 300 miles and it's got over 40,000 miles on it now. Not a single problem with it. We've tuned literally thousands of cars and have never had a car blow a motor or anything because of our tunes. We buy every vehicle that we market tunes for, we're not some company that wants to learn how to tune your car on your car. We owned one of the first couple ATS 2.0s in the country and have been tuning GM 2.0L FI motors since 2005.

Now also keep in mind that the more you beat on the car the more chance you have of breaking something. If you are responsible and don't dump the clutch at 5k and redline it every day the car will last for a good long time. We've got some of the older 2008 Cobalt SS turbo cars running around with over 100k miles on them with no problems. Also remember that you do have the ability to go back to stock at any time.
    frankc5r, frankc5r, donavo and 1 others like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    50+HP is a typical gain on a factory turbo car. These cars are detuned to run 87 safely, as you assumed. We increase boost and timing, and do a few other things, and get big gains. I've had my Cobalt SS tuned since 300 miles and it's got over 40,000 miles on it now. Not a single problem with it. We've tuned literally thousands of cars and have never had a car blow a motor or anything because of our tunes. We buy every vehicle that we market tunes for, we're not some company that wants to learn how to tune your car on your car. We owned one of the first couple ATS 2.0s in the country and have been tuning GM 2.0L FI motors since 2005.

Now also keep in mind that the more you beat on the car the more chance you have of breaking something. If you are responsible and don't dump the clutch at 5k and redline it every day the car will last for a good long time. We've got some of the older 2008 Cobalt SS turbo cars running around with over 100k miles on them with no problems. Also remember that you do have the ability to go back to stock at any time.
    perfect. thats exactly what i was looking for. i dont care about fuel economy or 87 gas. i put 91 only in all my cars by default. if i could get 93, i would put 93. so based on what u said, im assuming this tune is perfeclty safe and reversable. im gonna let a couple more ppl get this and see some extensive reviews and then ill get one for my ats. thanks for answering my questions.
    Ihuntv8 and Ihuntv8 like this.

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Group Buy and i am in

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Group Buy and i am in
    I'll in for a group buy...

JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts
    Now when you say beat on the car exactly what is the definition for automatics ?? I have the tune and hardly put it in sport mode but when I do I get on it because that's what I bought it for.... Meaning a heavy foot driving but nothing stupid .. If you would give a safe time limit you should drive in sport mode or weekly what would you say ..? Because their are people on this forum without tunes that say all they do is drive in sport mode , which could not be the case when you have tune car ...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCts View Post
    Now when you say beat on the car exactly what is the definition for automatics ?? I have the tune and hardly put it in sport mode but when I do I get on it because that's what I bought it for.... Meaning a heavy foot driving but nothing stupid .. If you would give a safe time limit you should drive in sport mode or weekly what would you say ..? Because their are people on this forum without tunes that say all they do is drive in sport mode , which could not be the case when you have tune car ...
    Don't launch the car aggressively too often, keep it off the red line, and minimize successive hard on/off throttle
    jabs. Keeps fluids fresh and on really hot days take it easy.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATScape

I'll in for a group buy...
    Me too

JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATScape

Don't launch the car aggressively too often, keep it off the red line, and minimize successive hard on/off throttle
    jabs. Keeps fluids fresh and on really hot days take it easy.
    This is why I really think I should keep my car stock ... Because my heavy foot driving might really get in the way ... I use to put my cts in sport mode all the time and drive hard an Never Had a PROBLEM... Nothing like having some real fun on a hot summer night... I want BNR to adjust my tune for as conservative as possible all I want is a little edge..

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    If u want economy and reliability don't do nothing to car!!!!
    Or buy a Prius! I'm not meaning to be rude but this is the same reason I got out of doing aftermarket parts and tuning cars! People want 1 million horsepower, 50 miles to gallon, they want car to drive stock, idle at 899 rpm not 905! There is give and take, u can't modify a car and not expect the absolute worst to happen. I personally think the ATS IS capable of making 425-450 horse reliably, do I know that for sure and could anyone guarantee it? NO!! But I would have to say the million upon millions of dollars the gm engineers put into developing the motor, if the lifespan or performance wasn't up to par, they wouldn't produce the turbo 4 banger! I highly doubt the factory 272 horse is pushing it to max for performance and reliability! Bottom line is, if you don't want to break something, don't mash the gas, don't get into modifying or racing cars! I'm sorry if I seem rude, I'm not trying to be!
    I would not be surprised to see the rating on this engine go up to 325 hp from GM in the next couple of years. They were going to put out that much in the Buick Regal GS at one point, but held off. Probably marketing reasons, as they can always bring out a "sportier" model in the future and get a lot of new buyers.
    Ihuntv8 and Ihuntv8 like this.

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

My ECM read 334 Hp at 360 tq on E85. My intake temp was running at 90 degrees. So basically I'm running about 290 Hp at wheels. Tq, probably over 300. If my intake run at 20 degrees, my Hp and tq would be much higher.

Bigger intercooler will make a huge difference. Still waiting for pfadt intercooler......

MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Interested in group buy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.