Car bogs, hesitates
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Car bogs, hesitates in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Took the car in for the CUE updates and told them about the hesitation, they wrote on the invoice "vehicle ...
    bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

Car bogs, hesitates

Took the car in for the CUE updates and told them about the hesitation, they wrote on the invoice "vehicle operating as designed at this time", "scanned pcm and performed stop and go road test-operating as designed" The mileage in and out on the invoice is the same so how could they have road tested it? The car falls on its face when you let off the throttle and then get back into it. Anyone else have this issue. I guess I'll have to take it back to them and see it they'll go for a road test with me?

Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: Car bogs, hesitates

If your car stays in the highest gear for the current rpm and doesn't downshift, then mine is the same. What pisses me off is that it does it in sport mode too. I'm building my database to throw in my dealer's face because they say that this is normal. Bert

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha D Blues View Post
    If your car stays in the highest gear for the current rpm and doesn't downshift, then mine is the same. What pisses me off is that it does it in sport mode too. I'm building my database to throw in my dealer's face because they say that this is normal. Bert
    I always drive the car in sport mode, it's just BS I think, they talk about competing with other vehicles in the same price range, this is unacceptable to me. It even popped (backfired) when doing this.

Kevin

boycer11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Just wondering what engines you guys have?

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

2.0 Turbo, automatic. Mine is AWD

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Both have turbos with auto trans.

2.0 turbo with 6spd auto. (2wd)

Kevin

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Are you talking about 40 to 50mph when it starts buzzing hesitating viabrating and Not wanting to downshift from 5 or 6 th gear. IF thats what it is its driving me nuts. I took it to the dealer and they are saying its normal. No 40k car should not do that. I requested to have a regional rep come out and drive my car. They told me they cannot do it at this time. Mine is 2.0t auto also.

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Are you talking about 40 to 50mph when it starts buzzing hesitating viabrating and Not wanting to downshift from 5 or 6 th gear. IF thats what it is its driving me nuts. I took it to the dealer and they are saying its normal. No 40k car should not do that. I requested to have a regional rep come out and drive my car. They told me they cannot do it at this time. Mine is 2.0t auto also.
    Whenever I get out of the throttle and then back in it, it just bogs, nothing, throttle down and no rpm change. I have a Toyota Camry with 245,000 miles on it and it doesn't do any of this crap. This is my only disappointment with the car so far, hopefully they can co something to fix the issue.

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

My car bogs really bad when I go over the speed bump or turn sharp in slow speed. It just shakes so bad. I seriously thought my diff was going to break. Plan to go the dealership and have them check.

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

i think we are all talking about the same problem. Laura Customer Service Rep please hepl us

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

All,
    We're sorry to see that several of you are having some concerns with the transmission on your new vehicles. We know that making a new vehicle purchase is a very exciting decision and hope to maintain your satisfaction.
    We will need to look into these situations on a case by case basis with your individual dealerships. Please contact us via private message with more details about the situation (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of any interactions with the dealership on this concern).

Regards,
    Sarah G. (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Sometimes you need to print up the pages of this thread and show them to your service advisor. My dealer, Olsen Cadillac in MA, always listened to me and explain to them things they hadn't seen yet but was popping up as repeated in the forums.

This may not get it fixed any sooner, but can help in showing you guys aren't neurotic g00bs...

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

I'm at 1500 miles and my car doesn't bog anymore. Before was really bad but not anymore. Maybe it need the clutch to wear out?

CZ4
    CZ4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluhaven View Post
    Whenever I get out of the throttle and then back in it, it just bogs, nothing, throttle down and no rpm change.
    Any updates with this? I'm experiencing exact same issue with my 3 wk old 2.0T RWD AT.

This is my first time owning a turbocharged car, is this turbo lag?

When I downshift using manual mode, the RPMs jump a little as expected with a typical downshift. But when I get on the gas, the RPMs actually drop before rising, during this time you can feel the engine struggling to power up, sometimes you can even feel vibrations coming from the motor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.