My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; So last week it started with my check engine light. On Wednesday, the check engine light came on and in ...
    stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today

So last week it started with my check engine light. On Wednesday, the check engine light came on and in the message center it said 'engine power is reduced'. Thursday it was just the check engine light. Then I brought the car in to the dealer Friday, at which point everything seemed back to normal. They did an error code check on my car and said that there was some sort of problem with the oil pressure. They said they checked for leaks and it all seemed OK.

Today, I was driving back from a weekend away (about 150 miles or so) and the interior chime started beeping and the message center said 'oil pressure low, please turn off car'. So I pulled into a rest stop, at which point the car started stalling and sounding like a Mac Truck. The car starts but does not run or drive. Cadillac Roadside assistance wanted to charge me $200 to bring it to my local dealer since I was kind of far (but under 100 miles). So much for good service. I used AAA instead.

I have a 2.0t AWD. I'm so annoyed and upset. /end vent

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Re: My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today

Ugh. Hopefully this isn't the start of pickup tube failures.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by stevenzoz View Post
    Cadillac Roadside assistance wanted to charge me $200 to bring it to my local dealer since I was kind of far (but under 100 miles). So much for good service. I used AAA instead.
    That is very wrong of them
    blue_eldo and blue_eldo like this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Cadillac Roadside assistance wanted to charge me $200 to bring it to my local dealer since I was kind of far (but under 100 miles). So much for good service. I used AAA instead.
    they did what?!?! **** that, thats wrong

They said they would bring me and the car to a dealership near where I broke down (and would then arrange a taxi for me if I needed one). When I asked if I could have it taken to my dealer at home, they said they had to check the charge and she came back with an "estimated" $200.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

They said they would bring me and the car to a dealership near where I broke down (and would then arrange a taxi for me if I needed one). When I asked if I could have it taken to my dealer at home, they said they had to check the charge and she came back with an "estimated" $200.
    that's what they're supposed to do, they will take you to the nearest dealer no matter the distance free of charge and the dealer is to give you a rental on caddy's dime.

you asked them to not do that, and I'm sure they got worried caddy wouldn't pay them because it breaks the rules

The dealership they were going to bring me to was closed on Sundays, like most I know. So no chance for a rental. It was just easier to try and get my car to my house, which is what I did with AAA, for free. I'll see if my dealer will pick it up from my house tomorrow along with me and then i'll get a loaner.

wongluk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6spd

sorry your car broke down but your story about caddy road side assistance was a bit misleading or you left out some info...

Quote Originally Posted by wongluk View Post
    sorry your car broke down but your story about caddy road side assistance was a bit misleading or you left out some info...
    Sorry for the confusion. But had roadside assistance got me and the 2 passengers I was with, it wouldn't have helped me more than AAA could have.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Sorry for the confusion. But had roadside assistance got me and the 2 passengers I was with, it wouldn't have helped me more than AAA could have.
    quick tip, in cases where the dealer is the breakdown such as in this case where they were closed take it to them anyway and have a rental company pick you up save all receipts, caddy will pick up the tab, they'll do that for a hotel to if you get stuck and the breakdown interrupts your trip, only rule of thumb is be reasonable they won't pay for a Bentley rental just up to the size of your car being repaired. they consider roadside assistance a courtesy and reserve the right to make judgement calls. I've seen this program which is suppose to please backfire at Multi line dealerships. case in point caddy roadside assistance offers a free rental and gmc does not, so you'll see two customers in the same lobby not treated the same, generally I've seen these places offer everyone rentals but then you get the terrain customer upset that they weren't given an SRX can't win em all, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    quick tip, in cases where the dealer is the breakdown such as in this case where they were closed take it to them anyway and have a rental company pick you up save all receipts, caddy will pick up the tab, they'll do that for a hotel to if you get stuck and the breakdown interrupts your trip, only rule of thumb is be reasonable they won't pay for a Bentley rental just up to the size of your car being repaired. they consider roadside assistance a courtesy and reserve the right to make judgement calls. I've seen this program which is suppose to please backfire at Multi line dealerships. case in point caddy roadside assistance offers a free rental and gmc does not, so you'll see two customers in the same lobby not treated the same, generally I've seen these places offer everyone rentals but then you get the terrain customer upset that they weren't given an SRX can't win em all, I guess
    Thanks for the tip! Now I know for next time

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

ah, so it was free but they charged to bring it to yours.. well then lol

sorry to hear it broke down though, keep us posted

My service advisor said the oil pump failed and that likely the whole engine needs to be replaced. This is really unacceptable for a car that's a month old.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Yikes. Hopefully this is just a very isolated incident.

I'm kind of uncomfortable having the dealer giving me a new car with its second engine, it makes me sort of concerned for the future since its brand new.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.