My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by stevenzoz Cadillac approved my request for a replacement vehicle last night. Bonus is that I can get ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today

Quote Originally Posted by stevenzoz View Post
    Cadillac approved my request for a replacement vehicle last night. Bonus is that I can get any ATS I want (I have to work out a new deal -____-) so I can get the options I wished I would've got on the first one. All I basically did was open a case file with GM customer service and they took care of the rest. I still have to pick up my vehicle from the dealership in the meantime.

----------

I didn't like though, how it was general GM customer service, and not specifically for Cadillac. I felt like I didn't get the same level of good customer service I got from my dealership. They did a bad job of following up with me during the process (said they would call one day and did not, on 3 separate occasions).
    Hello stevenzoz,

I apologize you feel General Motors customer service did not meet your expectations. However, congratulations on getting an ATS with options that you want. I am happy to hear General Motors was able to work with you and help provide you with the vehicle you want. If you have other questions or concerns please private message us. Enjoy driving your vehicle around once you pick it up from the dealership!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RemaxAl View Post
    Stopped buying GM 25 years ago because of crap products and crap service. Not a lot has changed, 2 weeks in on my 2013 ATS. Hopefully it turns around. Should have stuck with Japaneses cars. Nothing special just good cars that run.
    I am sorry you feel that way RemaxAl. Are you experiencing any issues or concerns with your 2013 ATS right now? Feel free to private message me on this forum if you would like to discuss any concerns you have.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

RemaxAl is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

The Dealer found the rear main seal leaking. Changing it out tomorrow. Gave me a new Buick Regal for a loaner. Good car!

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

WOW guys... GM hooked me up.. I was paying 279 (298 after the tire insurance) a month for my 2.0 standard which was 40,600. They are putting me in a performance stickered at just over 50k for only $20 more a month.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by stevenzoz View Post
    WOW guys... GM hooked me up.. I was paying 279 (298 after the tire insurance) a month for my 2.0 standard which was 40,600. They are putting me in a performance stickered at just over 50k for only $20 more a month.
    and people said they wished they didnt have to deal with general motors customer service lol.

congrats on getting this all sorted out. GM has treated my v pretty well so i have no complaints.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Gratz man. Personally I have never been more impressed with my Cadi dealer and the Cadillac brand overall.

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

@stevenzoz -- If you don't mind my asking, was opening a case file a headache or was it a painless process. I'm opening one
    next week. I've had my ATS for six months and I've had chronic, sporadic, intermittent electrical issues since day one. Been in
    to service five times and dealer can't find anything wrong. Service manager told me I've got more than enough documentation.

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave623 View Post
    @stevenzoz -- If you don't mind my asking, was opening a case file a headache or was it a painless process. I'm opening one
    next week. I've had my ATS for six months and I've had chronic, sporadic, intermittent electrical issues since day one. Been in
    to service five times and dealer can't find anything wrong. Service manager told me I've got more than enough documentation.
    It wasn't really that bad. The only part that irked me was their response time (Its GM customer service, not Cadillac customer service). They would never follow up with me, etc. But because of that, my case was escalated to the highest it could go, and that's what helped me out a lot. The whole process took about 3-4 weeks. It's supposed to be quicker if you own the car (leasing and dealing with the leasing company buyback adds another week to the process (mine was a lease)). They needed very little from me while they were figuring everything out. They also said that my ATS was the only one in the entire country who's engine failed. So I'm sure that helped to. But now GM owns my car and will be taking it apart and checking the black box to figure out exactly why my car was screwed. But I must say, in my replacement 2.0, the engine sounds different and doesn't have the 'burning turbo smell' my first one had. When I took delivery, it had 250 miles, which leads me to believe whoever drove it from the other dealer (it was a dealer swap), beat the hell out of it.

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

@stevenzoz -- I just sent an email to Cadillac and will follow-up with GM if need be. My ATS has the tremble at idle and after six months, it's now at the point of where it's stalled four times in less than a month. Electrical issues are ridiculous and everything happens after locking the car. Speedometer moves by itself, horn has gone off spontaneously and so has vehicle locator. XM drops out in open areas with no obstructions -- had no signal at all on Friday and yesterday, it came back on but the center display and driver info center showed two different stations playing. Sounds like ground issues but no one has a clue. Dealer insists on a computer code or reproducing issues. Problem is, I told then they need to drive the car and then lock the doors. Each time I get the car back -- 5 times now -- they've never driven it -- no change in mileage. My neighbor is a retired GM service consultant/tech. She feels with the info I emailed to Caddy, something will be done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.