My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Anthony31188 My cadillac dealership uses Hertz for their rental cars. I got a chevy malibu last time ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: My 1,200 mile ATS broke down today

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188 View Post
    My cadillac dealership uses Hertz for their rental cars. I got a chevy malibu last time my car was getting repaired...it was a real pile.
    A lot of dealerships do that, there's a dealer in my area where hertz is on the premises, they do try to match or slightly upgrade the rental, give you an Escalade if your Denali is being serviced for instance, the issue is twofold, some dealers maintain their own courtesy fleet but that is usually contingent upon the factory paying for the diminished value of the car for its mileage (usually an additional special rebate at time if sale). the other issue is the rental company is subject to their rental inventory when the dealer calls.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I've never understood the hate on getting a rental that wasn't a Cadillac. Guess I'm not so stuck up...

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

long as they would tow my ATS for free I wouldn't give a damn what I got for a rental lol. Hell a Pontiac Fire fly would be fun to trash around for a few days haha

probee773 is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevenzoz View Post
    I'm kind of uncomfortable having the dealer giving me a new car with its second engine, it makes me sort of concerned for the future since its brand new.
    You will be fine. This is an isolated incident. It is very unlikely that your replacement engine and oil pump will have any issues. Unfortunately, all car brands have similar issues from time to time. It is impossible to ensure that 100% of cars that are built from parts manufactured and assembled all over the world will work as designed and be problem free 100% of the time.

louieftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '95 Seville SLS (RIP), '00 BMW 328Ci (RIP), '13 ATS 2.0T/6MT

There are always going to be part failures, even with BRAND NEW parts. My ABS light came on at 300 miles and I had to have the sensor replaced. Funniest part is that my Cadillac dealership wouldn't loan me a car because I wasn't 25 - I was good enough to buy the car though. I promptly took my business to another Cadillac/Buick/GMC dealer that gladly gave me an SRX loaner while they serviced my ATS.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by louieftw View Post
    There are always going to be part failures, even with BRAND NEW parts. My ABS light came on at 300 miles and I had to have the sensor replaced. Funniest part is that my Cadillac dealership wouldn't loan me a car because I wasn't 25 - I was good enough to buy the car though. I promptly took my business to another Cadillac/Buick/GMC dealer that gladly gave me an SRX loaner while they serviced my ATS.
    Hello louieftw,

I am sorry your Cadillac dealership wouldn't work with getting you a loaner car. Happy to hear another dealership was glad to work with you and give you a loaner vehicle! I hope everything with your ATS is running appropriately now and you enjoy driving it around

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    I am sorry your Cadillac dealership wouldn't work with getting you a loaner car....

Cadillac Customer Service
    The issue is undoubtedly that his dealer uses a rental car company for loaners. Maybe Cadillac needs to encourage such dealerships to have their own loaners for under 25 customers. If dealers get a rating from Cadillac maybe deduct a few points if a dealer won't provide a loaner car. That really is not a minor issue since Cadillac touts that as a selling point.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

My service advisor said the oil pump failed and that likely the whole engine needs to be replaced. This is really unacceptable for a car that's a month old.
    Would you be happier if the pump failed at 55k miles?? Think about it. At least it is under full warranty. You will get a new engine cause their probably are not refurbs at this point.

Realistically, any vehicle has perhaps 5000 parts. Think about it: We are all lucky that we do not see many more part failures with any brand car. Wait until we start importing parts from China.

----------

I'm kind of uncomfortable having the dealer giving me a new car with its second engine, it makes me sort of concerned for the future since its brand new.
    Time to jack the thread.

Lexus dealer employee (oil changer employee) drained oil on my boss's RL. Car ran extremely well for a few blocks when engine froze up. Not sure what happened, but oil changed admitted that he forgot to refill the oil. Oh, well, another new engine.

Lincoln dealer porter backed town car out of service lane and ripped two doors off side of car. (Bring it back tomorrow; we will take car of it; please do not let tonight's rain spoil the leather as we are not responsible for consequential damages (my comments). lol

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ihuntv8 View Post
    ^i would be very irritated at that!! I'd probably never buy another thing from that dealer! I wouldn't even take a free t-shirt and use it to start a fire!!
    wow!! Sounds like you might be a BMW owner. (That is how BMW owners react; check out their forums. BTW, what is worse than a BMW dealership?

Ans: A BMW customer.

----------

Insurance company guidelines/specifications.

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac approved my request for a replacement vehicle last night. Bonus is that I can get any ATS I want (I have to work out a new deal -____-) so I can get the options I wished I would've got on the first one. All I basically did was open a case file with GM customer service and they took care of the rest. I still have to pick up my vehicle from the dealership in the meantime.

----------

I didn't like though, how it was general GM customer service, and not specifically for Cadillac. I felt like I didn't get the same level of good customer service I got from my dealership. They did a bad job of following up with me during the process (said they would call one day and did not, on 3 separate occasions).

Cadillac approved my request for a replacement vehicle last night. Bonus is that I can get any ATS I want (I have to work out a new deal -____-) so I can get the options I wished I would've got on the first one. All I basically did was open a case file with GM customer service and they took care of the rest. I still have to pick up my vehicle from the dealership in the meantime.
    Congratulations.

And good job GM! Good for the customer and good for GM. I've seen Ford do absolutely anything to avoid taking a car back and the ill will it generated on the net.

I didn't like though, how it was general GM customer service, and not specifically for Cadillac. I felt like I didn't get the same level of good customer service I got from my dealership. They did a bad job of following up with me during the process (said they would call one day and did not, on 3 separate occasions).
    I guess that answers the "half empty or half full" question.

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Stopped buying GM 25 years ago because of crap products and crap service. Not a lot has changed, 2 weeks in on my 2013 ATS. Hopefully it turns around. Should have stuck with Japaneses cars. Nothing special just good cars that run.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Both of my Vs were stellar. GM is kicking it right now...

Quote Originally Posted by RemaxAl View Post
    Stopped buying GM 25 years ago because of crap products and crap service. Not a lot has changed
    Not changed? So.... you are saying that for the last 25 years GM was in the habit of giving customers new upgraded cars when there was a serious problem? And that is crap in your mind?

I'm not defending GM. I stopped buying them too about the same time for the same reasons. But that GM did NOT give customers a new car, better than they bought, when the one they bought let them down. It's too early to say if my ATS is better than GMs of old (the signs are good) but GM definitely is better.

louieftw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '95 Seville SLS (RIP), '00 BMW 328Ci (RIP), '13 ATS 2.0T/6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    The issue is undoubtedly that his dealer uses a rental car company for loaners. Maybe Cadillac needs to encourage such dealerships to have their own loaners for under 25 customers. If dealers get a rating from Cadillac maybe deduct a few points if a dealer won't provide a loaner car. That really is not a minor issue since Cadillac touts that as a selling point.
    Actually, the contrary is true. I was able to get a loaner vehicle through Enterprise no problem. Last month, my dealer switched to a GM operated fleet of loaner vehicles (Cadillacs, obviously) and their one stipulation is that you must be 25... I also thought that it was pretty funny the service manager told me that I should just get someone old enough to sign the papers. Meanwhile, I'm thinking, if you're going to loop-hole me like that, why don't you just put my birth year as 1988 in the computer? That seems a little bit more reasonable than driving around a loaner which isn't even loaned to me to begin with. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by z06bigbird View Post
    ----------

Insurance company guidelines/specifications.
    And yet, the GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealer a few miles further away loaned me one no problem...

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

And yet, the GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealer a few miles further away loaned me one no problem...
    It all depends on the insurance of the dealer. I asked my dealer before I bought my car if I could get loaners (I'm 22) and they said it was 18 and up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.