Rear view mirrors behaving strangely
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Rear view mirrors behaving strangely in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; No big deal on this, but I thought it interesting. What I am about to describe doesn't happen when my ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Rear view mirrors behaving strangely

No big deal on this, but I thought it interesting. What I am about to describe doesn't happen when my wife is driving. Also, the mirrors were set to enable down.

When in reverse, the rear view mirrors turn down (as they should). However, when going into drive, the mirrors do move, but appear to come into a position that I would not have set. But all is not lost because when I hit my numbered seat button, the mirrors come back into position I had set them into. Any ideas on this one before I call my service folks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Re: Rear view mirrors behaving strangely

Have you had the CUE and other updates done? I do believe the CUE fixes this or there is another one for the memory settings I believe.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    Have you had the CUE and other updates done? I do believe the CUE fixes this or there is another one for the memory settings I believe.
    CUE was updated before I bought the car. As far as I can tell, this mirror behavior is a recent development. And, once again, when my wife drives, the mirrors behave appropriately.

The proper memory settings are there as I believe that the mirrors start to return to their Drive position, but don't quite make it. Holding my seat button does bring them back to their proper position.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

It happened to me as well. Turned out the mirrors returned to saved position 2. So I programed both 1 and 2 to the same position. Otherwise use the other key fob or turn off key fob specific presets. Hope it works out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.