Moldy AC - opinions please - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Moldy AC - opinions please in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The latest I have heard from Cadillac engineering is that the suspected cause is the drain hose being inserted too ...
    catmando is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury Package

Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

The latest I have heard from Cadillac engineering is that the suspected cause is the drain hose being inserted too far into the condensate drain pan, not allowing all the condensate to drain. I believe and official bulletin will be released to dealers shortly on how to correct the problem.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Any updates? Mine started doing this too. It's pretty funky for about 10 seconds. I remote start the car just to avoid smelling it. The car is a year old and only has 7000 miles on it. Between the noisy heater, creaky seat, and now the smelly a/c I really regret buying this car. I'm thinking of trading it for something else and taking the hit on depreciation.

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Anyone with a 2014 (late 2013 build) have this issue or is it limited to the 2013s?

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

fortunately I can live without AC for a month or so down here in SoFla over the 'winter', but there needs to be a fix, soon
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tnf
    tnf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My dealership found the problem was the drain tube, fixed it, and sprayed something in to fix the mold. Not sure if was a service update but it progressively got worse.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tnf View Post
    My dealership found the problem was the drain tube, fixed it, and sprayed something in to fix the mold. Not sure if was a service update but it progressively got worse.
    Hello tnf,

Thank you for sharing this information. I am glad your dealer found the problem with your vehicle and was able to resolve this concern. If additional questions or concerns arise, please contact us so we can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    Any updates? Mine started doing this too. It's pretty funky for about 10 seconds. I remote start the car just to avoid smelling it. The car is a year old and only has 7000 miles on it. Between the noisy heater, creaky seat, and now the smelly a/c I really regret buying this car. I'm thinking of trading it for something else and taking the hit on depreciation.
    Hello AtlantaGuy00,

I apologize you are unhappy with your vehicle due to your current situation. I understand your frustration due to your vehicle concerns. Please contact me via private message so we can further discuss this and work towards a resolution.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by tnf View Post
    Was you dealer more specific as to what was wrong with the drain tube and how invasive the procedure is?

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
    Anyone with a 2014 (late 2013 build) have this issue or is it limited to the 2013s?
    I drove a 14 all weekend while the dealer had mine, and I never noticed the smell...it only had 5K miles on it, and may not have developed the issue yet however.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    I drove a 14 all weekend while the dealer had mine, and I never noticed the smell...it only had 5K miles on it, and may not have developed the issue yet however.
    My 2014 has the stinky AC. It started a day or two after I bought it.

Caddy16 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I've waited on this moment and finally, I get my new caddy. And it stinks to high heaven. What in the world is going on. I'm too embarrassed to ride anyone. I have sprayed Lysol and bought all kinds of scents and put in there and it still stinks. If they can't fix it, it will have to go. I can't afford it.

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    My 2014 has the stinky AC. It started a day or two after I bought it.
    Thanks. Who knows? Maybe it was fixed at the factory (late 2013 builds) already for all future models. That's good hope for all the current owners. You know how it is. Its extremely fast to fix the issue for future builds, but the real time and investment comes when the bulletin and fix is issued for dealers.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

My driveway is on a pretty good incline and when I pull in it drains a fair amount of water so my guess is if it were not for that incline water wood pool in the drip pan and cause the musty smell.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Hurry up Cadillac, make a damn TSB lol

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I went to the dealer and they had an update for this issue. The update will allow the blower motor to run after thecar has been turned off to air out the vents to prevent buildup.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by louie1487
    I went to the dealer and they had an update for this issue. The update will allow the blower motor to run after thecar has been turned off to air out the vents to prevent buildup.
    Has anyone confirmed this. I have had the update for awhile. I have never heard the blower motor keep or come after shutdown.

I usually force the interior recirculation on then use auto after that and adjust temp up/ down to control fan speed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.