Moldy AC - opinions please - Page 10
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 187
Like Tree26Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Moldy AC - opinions please in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Tomorrow my car goes in for round three of ac smell....
  1. #136
    nyinstaller's Avatar
    nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    184
    Tomorrow my car goes in for round three of ac smell.

  2. #137
    flycaster's Avatar
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Age
    75
    Posts
    698

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Check to see if the repair included use of new parts that were manufactured by a third party. I ask this because my SA told me that there is a new fix that utilizes third party part(s), and that they are presently on order at his place. My dealership, Ed Morse-Delray, FL, was the one that supposedly came up with the "level-the drain-pipe" fix that didn't remove the dash. I had that fix done a while ago and it did appear to work, but I'm now experiencing some smell so I'll be back in two week for the new fix.

  3. #138
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,522

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Quote Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
    Does anyone have a TSB or any related information regarding how to fix this with the 2014's? My dealer won't do anything without a TSB. I'm going to have to leave the car overnight and hope they realize and see whats going on. Even then, they have no TSB to go off of since the existing one was only for 2013s..
    Hi off1c3r,

    Iím sorry that you are having difficulties resolving this A/C smell issue with your dealership. If you would like some extra assistance when you take your ATS in, please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and contact information and Iíll gladly reach out to them on your behalf.

    Have a great night,

    Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  4. #139
    Kwagner115 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2014
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi off1c3r,

    Iím sorry that you are having difficulties resolving this A/C smell issue with your dealership. If you would like some extra assistance when you take your ATS in, please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and contact information and Iíll gladly reach out to them on your behalf.

    Have a great night,

    Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    My wife took her 2014 ATS to the dealer today with same problem. Musty smell when first starting car with air con on. They said there was nothing wrong. There is most definitely a musty small. Very Disappointed they did not take my wife seriously while she was there and I am now forced to get involved. Not how I expected them to treat my wife. Or anyone else for that matter!

    This problem is real as proven by the numerous comments and complaints found here and other threads. And the fact Cadillac themselves by participating here acknowledge something isn't right.

    Any assistance or guidance you can provide to resolve this situation would be greatly appreciated.

    Kevin

  5. #140
    carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    693

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Posting from my phone here so I haven't gone back to reread all the posts. My car is in for the smell as well. My dealer talked with TAC who said that they had a file to download to program the after blow correctly. Apparently this is an issue depending on your VIN. TAC was confident this would fix the ac smell. I pick the car up today. I'll post my findings in say a week. Again, I haven't read the whole post here so maybe this has been done before.

    Last time my dealer dealt with TAC they found the resolution for the voice commands switching to long prompt issue. Something many people in the community were wanting a fix for. Hopefully this issue is this simple.

  6. #141
    nutoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 premium ATS opulant blue
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    independence
    Posts
    21

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Well I finally have the moldy or sour smell on start up on my 2013 ATS. Took in Friday and talked to SA and mentioned that this issue has been posted on forum and I did not think there were "official TSBS" and mentioned other ideas. He looked at me with deer in the head light look. So he calls back 2days later and tells me that GM is recommending coating the evaporator coil. I ask him to is he coating the coil or the drain pan. He had no idea. He stated that if this does not work then need to explore further as even taking the dash apart.. They sound CLUELESS. they said they are also checking if there were some kind of pre fan mode programmed but were having computer issue.does any one know what this mode is?. What are they coating except some kind of coil cleaner to remove mold from coil and pan.!!
    I am not confident that they will resolve this issue
    Will update when I hear from the dealer

  7. #142
    SCATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS- 2.0T/Man/Base/RWD/CUE/Blk/Blk
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    153
    I had it last week..dealer here in Detroit took car of it.. Problem solved in a one hour visit so far.. It was actually some sort of deodorizer I believe .. Mine hasn't had any moldy smell as of this post..

  8. #143
    carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    693

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Quote Originally Posted by SCATS View Post
    I had it last week..dealer here in Detroit took car of it.. Problem solved in a one hour visit so far.. It was actually some sort of deodorizer I believe .. Mine hasn't had any moldy smell as of this post..
    The deodorizer will work for a while, but if they don't fix what causes the smell there's a good chance it will come back. Mine was good for about 4 months. Today they reprogrammed the HVAC module for after blow.

  9. #144
    Maxplot's Avatar
    Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    282

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    At my oil change I mentioned the A/C odor, but more importantly I was concerned that I have never seen condensation drain out under my car. I was more concerned about where the evaporator condensation was going. So my dealer checked into it and found a bulletin to replace the A/C drain hose. (Bulletin PI1160B). To replace A/C drain tube, 4480138 - Removed Transmission to access A/C drain tube. Removed tubes - installed new drain.

    The dealer listed over 10 hours of labor to do that. I still do not see any water draining out of the car while the A/C is on. I still have a little odor. I just hope that in the future I don't find that evaporator area rusting out.

  10. #145
    flycaster's Avatar
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Age
    75
    Posts
    698

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    At my oil change I mentioned the A/C odor, but more importantly I was concerned that I have never seen condensation drain out under my car. I was more concerned about where the evaporator condensation was going. So my dealer checked into it and found a bulletin to replace the A/C drain hose. (Bulletin PI1160B). To replace A/C drain tube, 4480138 - Removed Transmission to access A/C drain tube. Removed tubes - installed new drain.

    The dealer listed over 10 hours of labor to do that. I still do not see any water draining out of the car while the A/C is on. I still have a little odor. I just hope that in the future I don't find that evaporator area rusting out.
    Your fix was the fix that my dealership developed and was adopted by GM. I had it done a while ago and now after several months, I think I am again detecting a moldy smell. Told my SA about it and he said that there now is an additional fix that required third party parts. I'm waiting the new parts to have the job done.

  11. #146
    100%_N1's Avatar
    100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, Luxury
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot
    At my oil change I mentioned the A/C odor, but more importantly I was concerned that I have never seen condensation drain out under my car. I was more concerned about where the evaporator condensation was going. So my dealer checked into it and found a bulletin to replace the A/C drain hose. (Bulletin PI1160B). To replace A/C drain tube, 4480138 - Removed Transmission to access A/C drain tube. Removed tubes - installed new drain. The dealer listed over 10 hours of labor to do that. I still do not see any water draining out of the car while the A/C is on. I still have a little odor. I just hope that in the future I don't find that evaporator area rusting out.
    I can't remember who said it or where, but they mentioned that the condensation is designed to drip on the hot exhaust after the pan. This is supposed to evaporate all the condensation. Others have noted that if you park on an incline facing uphill then you'll see the condensation drip because it doesn't hit the exhaust. Take that for what it's worth.

  12. #147
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,522

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Quote Originally Posted by nutoz View Post
    Well I finally have the moldy or sour smell on start up on my 2013 ATS. Took in Friday and talked to SA and mentioned that this issue has been posted on forum and I did not think there were "official TSBS" and mentioned other ideas. He looked at me with deer in the head light look. So he calls back 2days later and tells me that GM is recommending coating the evaporator coil. I ask him to is he coating the coil or the drain pan. He had no idea. He stated that if this does not work then need to explore further as even taking the dash apart.. They sound CLUELESS. they said they are also checking if there were some kind of pre fan mode programmed but were having computer issue.does any one know what this mode is?. What are they coating except some kind of coil cleaner to remove mold from coil and pan.!!
    I am not confident that they will resolve this issue
    Will update when I hear from the dealer
    Hello nutoz,

    I understand how frustrating this must be. I am happy to provide additional assistance while you are working with the dealership. Just send me a private message with your VIN, contact information, mileage and the dealership you're having the vehicle serviced at.

    Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Posting from my phone here so I haven't gone back to reread all the posts. My car is in for the smell as well. My dealer talked with TAC who said that they had a file to download to program the after blow correctly. Apparently this is an issue depending on your VIN. TAC was confident this would fix the ac smell. I pick the car up today. I'll post my findings in say a week. Again, I haven't read the whole post here so maybe this has been done before.

    Last time my dealer dealt with TAC they found the resolution for the voice commands switching to long prompt issue. Something many people in the community were wanting a fix for. Hopefully this issue is this simple.
    Hello carpenter,

    Please keep us all updated on the repairs. I'm sure your fellow forum members are curious to hear what the resolution is and if it is successful. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like assistance.

    Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  13. #148
    flycaster's Avatar
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Age
    75
    Posts
    698

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Some of these Cadillac dealerships are from another planet. Only explanation I can think of when they can't find the fix for the A/C smell. I don't know about other dealerships, but Ed Morse Cadillac Delray, FL has the fix. Have your guys call them....(888) 469-2898

  14. #149
    carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    693

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Some of these Cadillac dealerships are from another planet. Only explanation I can think of when they can't find the fix for the A/C smell. I don't know about other dealerships, but Ed Morse Cadillac Delray, FL has the fix. Have your guys call them....(888) 469-2898
    2 days now and no smell anymore in mine. Didn't have to take anything apart on the car at all.

  15. #150
    GJB's Avatar
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Moldy AC - opinions please

    I have had the blower program and the drain tube repositioned and evaporator coated. Odor came back, next trip in I will ask about the 3d party part fix. Fly let us know how it goes when yours comes in. Latest issue is front camera service warning keeps coming on. glass is clean and lane departure warning is working so not sure what it could be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting