Tune - Dyno - Vendors - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Tune - Dyno - Vendors in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; All, I just installed my tune today from bad news racing and as I have no Dyno results the car ...
    Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Re: Tune - Dyno - Vendors

All,
    I just installed my tune today from bad news racing and as I have no Dyno results the car seems more spunky and has a little more get up and go. I have just sent in my data logs and look forward to some fine tuning and I could not be happier with the support and communication BNR has shown. Overall
    impressed and you will be too.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by sd vidiot View Post
    If you have the tune activated with cruise control, does cruise control still work?
    Yes, the cruise works fine and in this way of selecting the tune while using cruise the tune is off.

Psykostevo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

On the tune is there anyway to increase the pressure factor so that the turbo doesn't dip off at higher RPMs?

I haven't seen the config files for the ATS ECU so I don't know what's in there. I wouldn't think that the stock turbo is so over worked that it struggles so hard up top.

Are you using the Trifecta tuning? If so, as a dealer are you able to see the parameters and tables of the files?

If you aren't using Trifecta for writing the calibration, what software are you using?

ripped is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats and verano turbo
    All these small turbos run out of steam up top , only way to fix this is upgrade to bigger turbo

JoeyCts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts
    My question which I feel like I have ask before .. Being my only car which I tuned..how long do you guy usually ride out in sport mode meaning full tune? getting on the car ?? ( no not beating the thing to death but having some fun) I don't want any problems over abusing the engine .. When I had my CTS (no tune) I would beat on it all the time AND NEVER Had a problem.. If I had no tune in the ATS I fell I would do the same , but the extra hp is so enticing !! I have read posts with people saying just for short bursts ( getting on highway etc..) or not to use it to long when it's to hot ... I am not going to check the temperature outside to see if I can go into sport mode or not lol
    donavo and donavo like this.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    You won't have any problems. We don't mess with the knock sensors any so as soon as it starts to knock from getting too hot the ECM will automatically kill timing and lower power levels. I don't know if we've mentioned it or not yet but you guys don't HAVE to run the full powered tune. We are happy to lower the power to whatever you want

BLitzkrieg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I installed the Trifecta tune on my 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T RWD AT. I have a cold air intake that I built and am prototyping. There were noticeable gains with this intake on the stock vehicle. The weather here is about 86*F and humid.
    After installing the tune I have to admit that it wasn’t really noticeable at first. As I kept driving and the temps got cooler, it became more noticeable. Below are the results I put together from my datalogs using the Rev App on my iPhone. I used this app because I wanted accelerometer info along with OBDII PIDs. I have the tune setup so that the stock tune resides in the "Touring" setting and the Trifecta tune resides in the "Sport" setting. I used this setting to designate which tune is which in the datalogs below. The datalogs are a 3rd gear pull from 2500 RPMs. Traction control was turned off for these pulls and both runs were done on the same stretch of road.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    You won't have any problems. We don't mess with the knock sensors any so as soon as it starts to knock from getting too hot the ECM will automatically kill timing and lower power levels. I don't know if we've mentioned it or not yet but you guys don't HAVE to run the full powered tune. We are happy to lower the power to whatever you want
    LOWER the power? Pssh! LOL

By the time I end up buying my tuner module from you guys I'll hopefully have full bolt-ons to support a more AGGRESSIVE tune than what you're generally offering right now! buwahaha! ;D

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.