horrible FM reception? - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, horrible FM reception? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; mine only works with a cable cannot streem pandora over blutouth...
    romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Re: horrible FM reception?

mine only works with a cable cannot streem pandora over blutouth

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

I have an Andriod phone too and it works fine. I just touch the CUE's icon and it starts Pandora on my phone. My only complaint is that I need to remember to maximize my phone's media volume when using Pandora because it affects the CUE volume. I've forgotten that step twice when the media volume was low. When I switched from Pandora to FM, the FM volume was LOUD! Is your IPhone's media volume off? Worth a look. Bert

for thoes of you who have it working do you have Navigation

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    no nav for me.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Yes .

Anthony31188 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 AWD

finally looked at the manual....you can't steam pandora over your cue with an Iphone!!! Android and BLACKBERRY only. Blackberry....really??

the only way to use the pandora on your cue is to plug your iphone into the usb port in the center console. I keep my phone mounted to the left of the steering wheel. 1-the usb won't reach the center console, 2- I keep my phone plugged in the cigarette lighter so it charges while I drive.

this is a big FAIL for the Cue.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188 View Post
    finally looked at the manual....you can't steam pandora over your cue with an Iphone!!! Android and BLACKBERRY only. Blackberry....really??
    Yeah, imagine that.... some of us actually still use and prefer Blackberry. Anyway, I say that tongue in cheek, and although I am a bit of an Apple dis-liker, perhaps there was some architectural reason that the iPhone couldn't stream Pandora over CUE with an iPhone.

Back to the original thread topic: I have found the FM reception is fine for the whole 2 days I have had the car, FWIW.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony31188 View Post
    anyone use pandora? I was pretty excited to see the Pandora icon on my CUE but every time I have tried it it says that there is an error
    Hello Anthony31188,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to connect your phone to the CUE system while playing Pandora. If you private message me with your name and VIN, I am more than happy to assist you with this concern. However, the CUE center that I need to make contact with on your behalf are closed until Monday.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Obviously the next big thing is already here and it's not iPhone Time to step up to a real phone!

Seriously though. My bet is it's the way the iPhone works vice the Que. Apple is simply a PITA to work with on developing apps and has a lot of restrictions in their approval process that might cause the app to not work as you would expect.
    73JPS and 73JPS like this.

well the only way it will work is through the USB cable this is waht they told me CUE Costomer Service. So there is nothing we can do about that

Anthony31188 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 AWD

well the only way it will work is through the USB cable this is waht they told me CUE Costomer Service. So there is nothing we can do about that
    yup told me the same thing, its not an option for me though since I need to have the phone mounted to the left of my steering wheel and the usb plug doesn't reach from there.

its a joke

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Customer service, are you still following this?

since people are getting their amps replaced, and it seems to fix the problem, is there a way to see if i have the "defective" amp, or not?
    i'm assuming i do.

and what do i need to tell my dealership in order to get it replaced? apparently they are not aware of any "amp replacements".

J.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

I'm using Tunein over bluetooth with great success.

http://tunein.com/

blackhawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    Quote Originally Posted by flycaster
    Making some reasonable points, 73; perhaps I am too quick to condemn then for not being on top of the radio problem. Nonetheless, I'm willing to bet the farm that there are many more folks out there with the types of radio problems reported herein. I know that many posts on forums, in general, are made by those who have a problem. However, I'll also bet the house (farm is gone) that there are many out there who never get onto a forum to report their problems. There are many instances out there where car problems were noted on forum for years before the manufacturer did anything about it...if they ever did.

Right now, I do have unacceptable radio problems. Also, living in SoFL, I will need to have more tinting put on (cars come with 70% tinting which allows 70% light transmission, but don't know how much solar energy is blocked...probably not too much), but I can't do it until this radio problem is solved. What would happen if I put on tinting and Caddy then tells me that I have to have the rear antenna replaced? Will they also pay to have the back window re-tinted???
    I agree, I'm having poor FM reception in my XTS also when compared to my wife's mercedes or even nissan. so there are quite a few of us out there with poor radio reception. The dealer has looked at it once and could find nothing wrong. After, I escalated with the dealership they have offered I bring the car back and they'll again take it up with the Caddy engineers. I'm wondering if I suggest to them to either replace the amp or check the antenna grounding as suggested in some of the posts here. Will keep everyone posted on this saga.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.